Where to go on 7 Mile Beach?

snowcat

When we are in Grand Cayman in April, my husband and I would like to catch a taxi and spend a relaxing day on the beach. We've seen the stingrays twice and it was GREAT, but this time I think we'll take it easy. Question is, where on Seven Mile Beach should we ask the taxi driver to drop us off and about how much should we plan on the ride costing?

A lot of people like to go to Sea Grape beach. They have an open air restaurant there, chair rentals, restrooms etc. I believe chairs were $10 each per day (and come with some sort of soft drink?). The food is good but expensive . There are lots of cabs stopping right there all day and I recall it was about $2-3 per person each way.

We were just in Grand Cayman the beginning of the month. We took a cab to the Marriot, who has free access to the beach. The cab ride was $3 per person and chair rental was $6 per person. I was shocked at what extensive damage was done to the Marriot. We left the Marriot and walked across the street a block towards the pier and ate at a restaurant (I can't remember the name, but it has outside seating in front) and it was very good and reasonable pricing. The prices on the beach for food were quite high.

Archived