Has anyone ever used the laundry service on Royal Caribbean?

kelseybren

If anyone has used the laundry service on Royal, how big is thhe bag they give you to fill? This is our first time sailing Royal & we're used ti having self serve laundry on the ship but i know that royal is $30 per bag. My hubby would like to know how big the bag is, I'm assuming a med sized load? Any i fo would be great!! Thanks!!

Kathy

The bag is for stuff like pi's, underwear, tee shirts, etc....it's not for anything that might need pressing....

We haven't used the "bag 'o laundry", but we did send out a shirt of hubby's....they did a great pressing job...looked like new! However, the sundress I sent at the same time was not supposed to be ironed, and the DID iron it, and ruined it. So be careful WHAT you send out!

Okay, thx for info:) it would mostly be hubby's tshirts, underwear & pj's type stuff. I'm also bringing a tide to go pen & a small amt of laundry liquid to wash up a few of my good tops in sink. Don't want to take a chance of anything getting ruined

We use the "wash and fold" service every cruise on RC. The bag lately is the size of a paper grocery bag. Other times we have had to use a plastic bag, a little smaller but stretches better than the paper.

We put t-shirt, pj's, socks, cotton underwear. The items are folded but not ironed.

When you use the regular laundry service everything comes back on hangers and nicely pressed. I wouldn't send anything that needs special instructions.

The dry cleaning is wonderful. I wouldn't send anything out for laundry thst requires delicate handling (most of my clothes) or that I wouldn't be upset if it shrunk. They use the same washers (boiling hot water) that the sheets & towels are done in.

We use the "wash and fold" service every cruise on RC. The bag lately is the size of a paper grocery bag. Other times we have had to use a plastic bag, a little smaller but stretches better than the paper.

We put t-shirt, pj's, socks, cotton underwear. The items are folded but not ironed.

When you use the regular laundry service everything comes back on hangers and nicely pressed. I wouldn't send anything that needs special instructions.

Ditto that. DH is the master of cramming items into the little plastic bag (we haven't gotten a paper one in some time). I'd say it's a small load of stuff, and you're supposed to limit yourself to shorts, T-shirts, undies/socks, nighties, that sort of thing. No long pants, skirts, dresses, etc.

We have used the regular laundry quite a bit as well, but not for delicate items or anything that's "spot clean", "cold water only" or otherwise likely to be ruined or altered by the "one size fits all" process.

And I've found that the shampoo/conditioner in the wall dispenser or the small bottles of shampoo that you get in a suite work very well for handwashing items. :)

Edited by critterchick

We use the bag for underwear, husband's t-shirts, socks, shorts & my work out clothes. You can really stuff a lot in to the bag and the laundry has always done a nice job with everything. Somehow, though, they always seem to lose a pair of my thong underwear.:D

Sherri:)

• 2 weeks later...

Our rule of thumb for that plastic laundry bag is if it doesn't need to be ironed, it goes in there.

Also, for land laundry where I can get to a washer/dryer, I take a ziplock bag of these. No spillage, and it goes in the water and then in the dryer. Their shelf life is reeeeeaaaallly long, too:

http://www.amazon.com/Purex-Complete-Laundry-Refill-Sheets/dp/B00DSPQBKW/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1424238135&sr=1-1&keywords=purex+3+in+1+laundry+sheets

We used the laundry bag service on our two Med. cruises plus the dry cleaning services for a few things which needed to be ironed. Everything was great. I took along plastic clothespins to hang stuff I washed by hand.

One time my Hubby went on a horse-riding excursion in Belize and was covered in mud when he got back, his white socks were a mess. Filled a laundry bag and sent it in.....WOW, socks were cleaner and whiter than I could ever get them. We joke now that we should just take a bunch of his dirty tennis socks (he plays on clay courts) every time we cruise just to get them pristine white again.