Project Runway?

BlueHerons

In the mean time, we can view fashion make-overs on "Love, Lust or Run," with Stacey London. or "Style by Jury."

Both of these shows feature contestants who are in need of fashion re-dos.

I love Stacy London and I really miss What Not to Wear so that might be a good diversion :)

In the mean time, we can view fashion make-overs on "Love, Lust or Run," with Stacey London. or "Style by Jury."

I've watched "Love, Lust or Run." IMO Stacy is boring without Clinton. It was the way the two of them related on camera that made WNTW fun and interesting. (BTW, I also think Clinton is less than interesting without Stacy, as on The Chew, for example.) And on LL or R, the women are so ridiculously over-the-top costumy in their style choices, that the show becomes ludicrous. Any change at all would be almost 100% improvement. WNTW had mostly ordinary people (like myself) who were just making bad fashion choices because either they weren't thinking about their style, they were discouraged, or they were simply clueless. So the show was "educational" as well as interesting, and often hilarious. Most women could probably relate to it. Not so (again, IMO) for LL or R. And honestly, I don't think Stacy by herself makes nearly as good style choices for the makeovers on her show as she and Clinton made together. Yes, of course the makeovers Stacy does are improvements, but not minor miracles, the way Stacy and Clinton used to do on WNTW.

I haven't watched "Style by Jury" recently, but if it is more of a show by the same name I watched a couple of years ago, it was less than inspiring.

I haven't heard of either of these shows. Need to check them out.

And on LL or R, the women are so ridiculously over-the-top costumy in their style choices, that the show becomes ludicrous. Any change at all would be almost 100% improvement. .................

Agree

I haven't watched "Style by Jury" recently, but if it is more of a show by the same name I watched a couple of years ago, it was less than inspiring.

Watched one episode of Love Lust or Run. Done.

Watched 5 minutes of Style by Jury. Done with that one, too.

• 2 months later...
You're right, Ladies. Love Lust or Run and Style by Jury were silly at best. I say, Bring "What Not to Wear," back.

Stacey and Clinton were the Dynamic Duo. They worked well together.

Old topic resurrected, but still, a good one!

What is fun is watching episodes from the very earliest seasons of WWTW, in which Stacy and Wayne Scot Lukas (first season), and subsequently Stacy and Clinton, would recommend for their "contributors" styles that they would, in later episodes, roundly criticize and heave into the trash can! It is actually an interesting study in fashion history...

And I totally agree with Barb -- it is the combination of Stacy and Clinton -- how they played off each other and really seemed to be having fun together -- which made the show great. Stacy on her own is sappy and boring, and I don't follow Clinton anymore, but reading his (solo) books gives one a rather less than positive impression of him.

Together they had what we call "chemistry", I suppose...;);)

And even though WWTW was pretty formulaic -- skirt or slacks, blouse, jacket -- it really changed my life. I started watching it just as I was in the position to come out of that "frumpalicious" period so many haggard mothers-at-home get into (and I was one of that species), and the show had the same impact on me as a viewer as it had on the contributors. I totally changed my style, and now I would never dream of going out in what I used to be seen in in public! Every time I try something on in a store, or consider "what to wear" from my own closet, I hear Stacy and Clinton's voices in my ear, directing me "yes" or "no.' It is really remarkable.

The great downside, however, is that I have become much more aware of the frumpy and unflattering style choices folks (both men and women) make, and I am therefore much more (inwardly) judgmental than I used to be. :o This is the dark side of enlightenment, I fear... Before WWTW, I never used to notice how bad so many people really look. :eek:

• 1 month later...

I was just watching QVC when Isaac Mizrahi came on. The show host asked him what he had been doing today and he said he had been working on PR All-Stars Season 5. I can't find anything online about it and aren't we due a regular season before All-Stars?

• 4 weeks later...
I was just watching QVC when Isaac Mizrahi came on. The show host asked him what he had been doing today and he said he had been working on PR All-Stars Season 5. I can't find anything online about it and aren't we due a regular season before All-Stars?

I no longer watch Project Runway but I am a QVC shopper and I have

heard Isaac and whatever host happens to be with him speak about

The All Stars quite often....don't know when it happened...I think last

season but it is probably happening again going into the new season too.

There are multiple threads over on the Celebrity forum about it.

I used to watch Project Runway but haven't in quite a few seasons.....

I guess the new CEO of Celebrity wants a new form of PR.

• 3 weeks later...

New season with a very feisty Tim! I liked a number of the outfits, especially Merline's (although how she managed to make it with all the noise she made in the workroom is amazing). Amanda's dress would be great on a cruise. Not too surprised with the lowest scores.

Interesting first night. I just wish they would give everyone a pass for the first week.

I would like to see that as well. Maybe not have a winner either but take the time to do a minute critique of every designer - letting the designers know what the judges liked and what they would like to see done differently.

At least they didn't have extra designers that had to go to New York but then were sent home before the first competition like the show has done before.

I would like to see that as well. Maybe not have a winner either but take the time to do a minute critique of every designer - letting the designers know what the judges liked and what they would like to see done differently.

At least they didn't have extra designers that had to go to New York but then were sent home before the first competition like the show has done before.

Yes, no winner, just let them get their "feet wet" with constructive criticism.

Merline did the most creative design IMO. I rather liked Kelly's dress, tho I am a sucker for a handkerchief hem and usually fashionistas dislike them.

Interesting that Tim and the other designers liked the auf'd David's dress. I usually like toga-looking things, but that was too much.

I'm not expecting a lot from this group. How many times in the "road to.." segment did you hear the words "high low?" And if you're getting inspiration from the 80s, you're not trying very hard. But then, the designers have been trending more toward ready-to-wear looks over the pat few seasons.

Outrageous personalities are obviously more important than fresh looks.

I liked Blake and Jake's but loved Edmond's. It always amazes me what they can make on the unconventional challenges.

I wonder what would have happened if Ashley did not have immunity. I though hers was pretty awful.

Edited by Scrapnana

Yes, Ashley's was certainly not up to snuff and I thought Edmond was the clear winner. Did not agree with the bottom three. I didn't love Kelly's but would have switched her with Merline since I didn't see ANYTHING that I liked about hers.

Yes, Ashley's was certainly not up to snuff and I thought Edmond was the clear winner. Did not agree with the bottom three. I didn't love Kelly's but would have switched her with Merline since I didn't see ANYTHING that I liked about hers.

I thought Joseph's look was even worse -- that big pink box of a skirt. Ugh. I did not think Amanda belonged in the bottom at all. Was Kelly in the bottom? At the critique I thought she was (and she didn't belong there at all IMO) but when the designers went back they said there were 4 top looks, which would include Kelly. Mixed messages.

What got me is that they all seemed to like that slouchy hoody David made. Looked like a shapeless mess to me. Yes, he was auf'd, but that had to do with not following the rules. Could not believe Zac was going on about his using text which none of the other designers did (because it's old hat, Zac).

And they were gaga over Blake's hi-low glitter dress. Really? It was a cute dress -- very cruise worthy -- but about as innovative as, um, David's hoody.

The top two looks were both killer. I suspect the back story for the wedding dress (Hallmark name, sending invites, etc.) put it over the top. Rightly so.

What got me is that they all seemed to like that slouchy hoody David made. Looked like a shapeless mess to me. Yes, he was auf'd, but that had to do with not following the rules. Could not believe Zac was going on about his using text which none of the other designers did (because it's old hat, Zac).

Come to think of it, the winning wedding gown used text, too. But in a far cooler way.

Come to think of it, the winning wedding gown used text, too. But in a far cooler way.

Blake's dress also had text; the card pieces at the waist had a word on them. "Fabulous"? Something like that. But he didn't seem to appreciate the challenge, either. He used a lot of muslin and just coated it with glitter. It was funny to see Zac trying to get it off his hands after the judges looked at the outfits after the runway show.