How do you remove your wrinkles???

scomar

Vodka! One spray of vodka on the clothes, one spray in the mouth. One spray on the clothes, two sprays in the mouth...keep repeating until you could care less about wrinkles!

I like the way you think [emoji483]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also used to use my travel iron on cruises, then had to go to steamers, now I just use dry cleaner bags and very, very rarely do I have a problem. I have a few bags and I cut them up the sides, giving me two bags. I also pack using the "bundle" method. I used this method while on a month long trip to the Middle East and Europe. It was perfect. Rolling has NEVER worked for me. Now if I have a problem, I spray the area with water and use a hair dryer on it while flattening it out.

I find that even using dry cleaner bags I still get wrinkles in my clothes. It's because I basically overpack. :D

I use good ole fashion water. I don't want to use fabric softener on some of the fabrics, so I take an empty small spray bottle and fill it when I unpack.

Spraying the wrinkles, smoothing the fabric, and hanging the clothes creates a slightly humid environment in the closet. It's similar to the slight humidity you get in your laundry area at home when you are washing and drying clothes simultaneously, plus hanging clothes up to line dry.

After 24 hours just about every wrinkle is gone. I will spritz when we wear some items, just to get any stragglers smoothed out.

My husband's sports jacket was a wrinkled mess when I unpacked it last month. I sprayed it good, and by formal night it was completely wrinkle-free. I was actually surprised it worked so well.

I have done the exact same thing with sports jacket, tux, dresses, etc. I now pack just a spray nozzle from a Windex type bottle in my suitcase. I use an empty water bottle and cut the tube to fit. Spray with warm water and hang up and your clothes will be wrinkle free. Hanging in a steamy bathroom will hasten the process. No worries!

We always use just plain water in a spray bottle. Spray really well and give the shirt a good shake, kind of like a snap. Sometimes I have to do it a couple of times, but it works for all of my school-teaching clothes. I have been a little concerned about DH's suit. So happy to read all these tips.

Since RCCL does not have self laundry and no irons, I sent things down to be steamed and pressed. For everyday clothes I bought a can of "Magic" wrinkle remover. Works great. I used to by the Downy, but I found this brand in a regular spray can (think old fashioned hair spray can) and it is so much easier to use than the pump bottle of Downy.

Hang the clothes in the bathroom and turn the shower on hot. This really works. My husband is very fussy about his shirts and was going to send them out to be pressed but I convinced him to try the show trick. He was amazed at how well it works. I was glad we didn't have to spend money on pressing!

Laura

We use packing cubes and folders along with dry cleaner bags and our clothes are 95% wrinkle free when unpacked and hung up. Have to be careful with Downy Wrinkle Release as it can leave stains on certain fabrics.

I have asked on another thread..........but what are packing cubes and folders?

• 4 weeks later...

DH has been traveling a lot for business lately. He flies to Canada on a regional jet that doesn't accept what we think of as a normal sized carry on. We did get a smaller wheeled bag so he could carry on and save some time...it's bad enough dealing with customs (especially when you are named the exact name of someone they are on the look out for...).

Anyway...we have put the following idea into practice and it has worked beautifully for his dress shirts:

We use a very large Ziploc style bag. We fold his shirts nicely and put them in the bag. Seal the bag and leave a bit of air in the bag. It's like having air in a bag of chips to protect the chips from breaking too much.

When we pack the carry on...we line the bottom with underwear and undershirts to make a flat surface. Then we lay his dress pants in a single layer across the bottom, the waist area and pockets all nicely placed on the bottom and the legs sticking out of the suitcase. Additional items are placed on the pants with the last item being the air bag of shirt(s)/tie(s) and then the pants are folded over last.

There was one time when we packed a sport coat using the bag methodology when it was just too warm to wear it and deal with it for a trip to Orlando...you have to allow that this takes "extra space" in your bag because of the air cushion...but wow...totally worked to avoid hard pressed wrinkles.

• 3 weeks later...

I use a variation on the hair dryer method mentioned by a PP. I

lay a towel on a flat surface and place the garment on top. I then

lay a slightly damp washcloth on top of the wrinkle and use the hair dryer to "dry" the washcloth which creates a similar effect to using a steamer. The steamy shower trick works well too.

We always bring a mini steamer (HSN) just in case but we rarely need to use it n we are over packers for 7 or 42 days! When we hit the lotto I will hire a stylist to plan cruise wardrobe n take her or him on the cruise so I don't have to think what to wear everyday...also take care of makeup, hair, help me pull up my spanx, n massage my tired feet after a long day's tour, etc. etc. [emoji12]

I roll clothing for two reasons - you can get more in there and fewer wrinkles. But I do pack an empty spray bottle. I just use tap water where ever I am, spray lightly, hang on hanger and shake out once and hang. When I'm ready to go home, I pour out any water in the bottle.

I don't care for Downey wrinkle release for a couple of reasons - the fragrance, the chemicals, and it can spill in your luggage. Even if it doesn't spill or leak, you still have the first two issues you can't get away from.

Oh, and I use coconut oil on my face - and have never had wrinkles. I turned 50 this past November. That stuff is awesome on feet, knees, and elbows, too!

Edited by GORDONCHICK