Can you help a Canadian with a little Florida cruise shopping?

Koshlong

But what would you do if you can't find anything? Personally, I'd shop here or in Buffalo.

I still haven't figured out Chicos. I've only been to the outlet once and since to a store in Canada. I'm between a 6 and an 8. I passed the first half of the store because I could not find my size in anything. Then I asked. I tried on a range of sizes in tops and bottoms. Love everything I bought especially the jewellery.

Actually, I truly hate shopping in Buffalo; it's the lure of summery, slightly different things that is interesting to me. I'll make sure I have the basics before I leave, but this thread has given me the hope that I'll find some frills. I've been having a lot of fun visiting websites. Thanks!

I would definitely leave a little earlier if you have to fit shopping in!

First of all - no sighs allowed! You are who you are, size and age doesn't matter! :) And with your fun new cruise wardrobe, you will feel so great. Besides - you are going on a cruise! Yay!

I would come with a few items as bases for things you find in FL. A pair of capris, shorts or skirt that any top would look good with. Or even a lightweight pant if you can't find shorts in CA. Some solid shirts, white, black etc. also would be good to wear under any shirts you find. I love the idea of looking online first to see if they have what you are looking for.

Have fun - and we'd love to see what you found after the fact. :D

My daughter lives in Ft Lauderdale and I go frequently and spend often. :D I prefer to shop the regular stores and not the outlets. My favorite store in Florida is Dillards at Broward Mall (straight out the interstate). Very large plus ladies area with high quality (and higher cost but better quality) as well as reasonable house brands. Lovely dressy clothes and good selection of professional clothes and several lines of casual clothes. Lingerie is next to women's (plus)and I have had good luck finding nice nightgowns and robes.

There are no Dress Barns in all of Florida! (The other half of my wardrobe comes from Maryland Dress Barns though I hate the name). Macy's is also at Broward Mall with a huge Target across the street. Wal-Mart is further up at the HUGE Sawgrass Outlet Mall and it's sidekicks in smaller malls surrounding. This complex is just way too much for me -- I'm tired just getting in from the parking lot but it has some great stores. Quality varies as does what is in stock. It shocked me at first to find "winter" items all over but that is true. The shopping times are just about the same as we have here in Maryland.

You can't buy swimsuits in summer because the winter coats are out and back to school sales start in June before school is out:eek:

There are plenty of Dress Barns in Florida. If you are in the Ft. Lauderdale area, there are stores in Boca Raton, Davie, Pembroke Pines and Hollywood. You can find swimsuits year round. In the dept. stores, they clear out the suits for winter merchandise, but select Macy's carry a small selection. There are also specialty shops that carry suits and if you are ever at the Festival Flea Market, there are a couple of vendors that carry nothing but swimwear. You just need to know where to look.

I was looking for a cover-up one year in Fort Lauderdale before a cruise, and I was surprised at how little there was to choose from. Surely, I thought, the perpetually sunny state of Florida would have lots to choose from but I picked the best I could and I still hated it. Seriously. We had a rental car and my beloved husband drove me miles and miles out of Fort Lauderdale. Anyway, I do hope you find something.

Are you interested/open-minded to online shopping? I know buying a bathing suit online might not make sense to many women, but I have purchased 3 suits from http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/ and they were fabulous. The swim dresses are super cute. Fast shipping (yes, to Canada - I am in western Canada), good return policy. I bought this one - hello, so cute --> http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/Beach-Belle-Cerise-Plus-Size-Lingerie-Swimdress.

Enjoy your cruise and I hope you are feeling better now. :)

We wear the same size. It is not always easy to find petites - many stores do not carry them or have VERY limited selection. Department stores are your best bet. Belk and Bealls carry petite casual wear at reasonable prices, and Macy's and Dillards have petite dresses as well but can be pricy unless there is a sale. The websites for these stores all have store locators so you can find locations at your destinations.

Edited by simplelife