Show me---What did you wear for Elegant/Formal night

gizmo911

Thank you both fyree and Kiwis Afloat :)

The shoes very similar but not exactly the same. I had them for years before I discovered polyvore (the amazing site I used to make that compilation) and so by that point I couldn't find their exact match online and had to find a comparable substitute. Mine are slightly darker (smaller lace pattern so there's more black) and don't have the extra hardware/rhinestone type decoration at the back. They are from Guess and are lovely and surprisingly quite comfortable.

I too think the whole outfit is very cute. The shoes are great in the picture, can I ask where they are from?

I just grabbed the closest image to mine I could find from what was already in their database. It says they are from yesstyle.com which seems to be based out of Asia and unfortunately no longer carries that style (they were called studded peep toe lace pumps).

The closest thing I see that's currently available is the Ivanka Trump Maggie shoe, but the heel is definitely higher on that one. Or without the peep toe, Enzo Angiolini Call Me pump/Ivanka Trump Carra.

I hope that this works. I don't have photos, but I will try to paste a link that shows what Lady Kathryn and I wear on formal nights on Cunard. We were on a cruise on the Queen Elizabeth last January. This year we will be on the Queen Victoria in April. Since we love to dance, a few weeks ago I googled dancing on Cunard, just to anticipate our April trip. Imagine my surprise when I saw myself and Lady Kathryn on youtube dancing. We didn't know that someone was recording the dance and we didn't know that it was on youtube. She is the beautiful platinum blonde with the long white gloves. I am the goofy-looking guy with a beard dancing with the beautiful lady.

Well, I hope that the link to youtube works. If you don't want to see the whole dance, and just want to see what we're wearing, we're the fourth couple to show up on the video. Hope this works. Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

All were beautifully dressed.

Great looking couple.:)

I watched the whole thing and, lo and behold, saw a couple that was on the same cruise we were on in Oct.:D

Thank you for your kind words. We don't get to dress elegantly at home, so we enjoy formal nights on cruises. I guess that in today's world I'm just old fashioned, but I'm glad that at least on some cruise lines it's still okay to wear formal attire. I have been told that my white tie and tails are inappropriate for cruise ship attire even on formal nights. I just want to dress in a way that doesn't embarrass Lady Kathryn. I'm hoping that she will tell me if I'm too cartoonish for modern dress by dressing too formally. When she says that, I will go to wearing my regular suits.

Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

I've just found this thread and loved looking at your outfits. Love dressing up every evening, especially formal nights, although as we love the evening dancing finding the long dresses a bit of a nightmare as catch heels in the hem.......here a couple of pics if it works....hope you enjoy the Halloween outfits we wore on the Disney cruise which my daughter worked on at the time :D

I've just found this thread and loved looking at your outfits. Love dressing up every evening, especially formal nights, although as we love the evening dancing finding the long dresses a bit of a nightmare as catch heels in the hem.......here a couple of pics if it works....hope you enjoy the Halloween outfits we wore on the Disney cruise which my daughter worked on at the time :

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=341675&stc=1&d=1425031621

I've not attached photos before and not sure whether this works, any tips for uploading from my iPad much appreciated. Thank you

image.jpg.9e3fe54b62114b55c24a29dc4ed9d59f.jpg

This was on our honeymoon cruise in 2012 on the Carnival Valor. My DH was very excited to break out his dinner jacket and was kinda disappointed that not a lot of other men were dressed as nice. We're sailing Norwegian this year and I know they have the "freestyle cruising" but I'm hoping to see other people dress up too.

ImageUploadedByForums1425150119.619728.jpg.5ce395eb51c4c0d5676732a05d26a2a6.jpg

I hope that this works. I don't have photos, but I will try to paste a link that shows what Lady Kathryn and I wear on formal nights on Cunard. We were on a cruise on the Queen Elizabeth last January. This year we will be on the Queen Victoria in April. Since we love to dance, a few weeks ago I googled dancing on Cunard, just to anticipate our April trip. Imagine my surprise when I saw myself and Lady Kathryn on youtube dancing. We didn't know that someone was recording the dance and we didn't know that it was on youtube. She is the beautiful platinum blonde with the long white gloves. I am the goofy-looking guy with a beard dancing with the beautiful lady.

Well, I hope that the link to youtube works. If you don't want to see the whole dance, and just want to see what we're wearing, we're the fourth couple to show up on the video. Hope this works. Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

You both look fantastic! I especially love the Lady's gown, that sparkling draped fabric really makes that dress. Gorgeous.

Lorie

You both look fantastic! I especially love the Lady's gown, that sparkling draped fabric really makes that dress. Gorgeous.

Lorie

Lorie,

I love that dress also. This formal night on Cunard was the "Black and White Ball", so it is obviously the perfect formal for the theme. Lady Kathryn always looks so elegant, graceful and stylish in her formals. If for no other reason, she is enough of an argument (for me) for retaining formal nights on any cruise that I am on.

Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

I just ordered this this week for our cruise in Nov.

My husband will be wearing his Tux that night.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fast-Delivery-Grace-Karin-New-Blue-Layers-Designer-Sheath-Long-Evening-Prom-Dress-CL4654/1418219295.html

Have a great day,

Gerry

I just got my dress today and it looks fabulous except that the chest needs to be taken in! UGH!!!

Oh well I have until Nov. to get it to the alterations lady and get it done.

Hope everyone is having a great day,

Gerry