Can you help a Canadian with a little Florida cruise shopping?

Koshlong

We're driving to Ft. L. To cruise on the Zuiderdam next month. I'm still recovering from a lengthy illness that has changed my shape and therefore decimated my cruise wardrobe. This is going to force ;) Me to do some shopping in St Augustine or Ft Lauderdale....since it isn't exactly sundress and swimsuit season here in Ontario (the one withOUT the palm trees).

I'd really like some suggestions of where to go and what lines to try. I'm not really a fan of Sawgrass Mills, so will limit outlet shopping to St. A.

Size (sigh) 12-14 P. and, (double sigh) I'm looking at styles for 40+.

If you're familiar with any Canadian stores, I like Hudson's Bay and Laura. And I've been known to buy from LLBean. I rarely find things in Sears. I usually buy classic styles...with a few fun additions.

And yes, my husband is well aware that our $ is somewhere near the S-bend, but I really haven't done any shopping for the last year; so I'm allowed!

Can you give me some suggestions?

Edited by Koshlong

You know already the St. Augustine outlet malls right off I-95. There is a Tommy Bahama outlet on the other side of the outlet center. (west of I-95)

Personally I prefer Bells, a great store for reasonably priced Florida type clothing. If you are over 55, shop on Tuesdays, 15 % off. Even better when they have a sale and coupons you can print out on your computer. If you are lucky, you get great stuff. Check their website. Bells is not inside malls. It's in strip malls just like the supermarkets.

Belk is another good store, usually one of the anchor stores of malls, a bit more upscale. And then there is Kohls. It's too far from where I live, but in my neighborhood, the ladies who shop love it and make time for it. Of course, there is always Sears and JC Penny's.

Upscale and a bit more expensive: Nordstroms and Macy's

Florida now has several outdoor malls, built like a town center with lots of small and large stores of all kinds. http://fort.lauderdale.retailguide.com/data/m103096.htm

Happy shopping!

If you are looking at Bealls on line, make sure it is Beall Florida. There is a Bealls Texas and it is not the same company. I found this out when a family member sent me a gift cart to the Texas store and I could not use it in Fl.

Hello Neighbour to the West!!!

Might I recommend a day or weekend shopping trip across the border? One of my favourite places to shop is Dress Barn. There is one at the Walden Galleria mall. There is an outlet near Rochester (though I prefer the store in Rochester). There may also be a Dress Barn at the Military Road outlet.

I find their style and quality to be good. Not quite a Laura - perhaps closer to a Cleo - or somewhere between Cleo and Laura, but at a reitmans pricepoint!

Also, cleo has a resort line on their website. Hassle-free returns because you can take it to the store.

http://www.cleo.ca/resort/

And the advantage right now is you are shopping in CAD!

If you can find an Anthony's they have lots of very nice cruise clothes. I've found them close to Bealls stores. I do like Bealls as well. If you do online shopping purchase at Beallls-FL on line & if something doesn't work adjust the size at the store, they're all over FL. My favorite store tho is Chicos, exceptional quality, a bit pricier than Bealls. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I love chicos too. Recently discovered them when they opened a store in the Rochester Outlet mall. They also have stores now in Canada. (although Canadian pricing is higher and they don't have the same perks program).

What I don't like about Chicos is their sizing. I wish they would use conventional sizing. Do they think they are fooling us into thinking we are skinny because we can now buy a size 1 or 2?

I love chicos too. Recently discovered them when they opened a store in the Rochester Outlet mall. They also have stores now in Canada. (although Canadian pricing is higher and they don't have the same perks program).

What I don't like about Chicos is their sizing. I wish they would use conventional sizing. Do they think they are fooling us into thinking we are skinny because we can now buy a size 1 or 2?

Where in Rochester is the mall outlet?

Okay, I'll check out Anthony's and Chico's, too. How does the Chico sizing work?

I'm really trying to avoid any online buying. The shipping and import fees are a major pain, and I'm not comfortable with buying from a new store without any experience with sizing.

Please keep the ideas coming!

Jjill. They have an extra 40% off of their sale items which include summery stuff from last season. They have petites.

If you decide to shop at Jjill, they run a size big. I wear am XL so I buy a large. Read the reviews, they are very good about sharing info.

I live in Florida too and echo the Beall's suggestion:D I love that store.

And Chico's gets a thumbs up from me as well.

Sizing in Chicos.......they are 0, 1, 2, 3.

It depends on the items really......to give you an example.....I am

a 16/18 in most clothing and a 3 fits me in most of their clothing BUT

I can wear a 2 in some tops...depends on the material, cut, etc.

But if you shop on line with them, they offer more sizes.....they have

3.5 and 4 too. I have a store right near my home was there yesterday:D

Got 2 tops and a cardigan.....love them all:)

I don't think they are trying to fool anyone (just my opinion). I think

they are just trying to have their own style and version of sizes. No

big deal (to me). I know how big I am:eek:....no fooling. In the pants

I wear a 3 or 3.5.......in tops I wear a 2/3.

Bealls, is actually called "The Florida Store"...They have nice clothes and a big selection. I usually get overwhemed in there and sometimes just leave because there is too much to see. Check their online website to get an idea and they usually always have coupons. Personally, I prefer the Bealls Outlets as I tend to find things that are less expensive and work well for cruises and life in Florida.

Bealls' date=' is actually called "The Florida Store"...They have nice clothes and a big selection. I usually get overwhemed in there and sometimes just leave because there is too much to see. Check their online website to get an idea and they usually always have coupons. Personally, I prefer the Bealls Outlets as I tend to find things that are less expensive and work well for cruises and life in Florida.[/quote']

Hi Sherrie:).....actually, the Outlets can vary......sometimes they

are just a mess:eek: and not always clean and they don't normally have

enough help. They recently remodeled one of the regular stores

near me....fabulous, much larger dressing rooms!:D

And speaking of Beall's....I had gone shopping there last weekend and

they had a lounge outfit I wanted but didn't have my size so I ordered

it on line from the store.....been waiting all week. I called and for

some reason the postal service said they tried to deliver it and it

was UNdeliverable:mad:......not sure what the he$$ happened but they

did not try......so now, tomorrow I am going to post office and see

if someone has some answers for me. I have received plenty of

packages from them before.......grrrrrrr

Chicos sizing is odd, it goes from 000-4. I wear a 10-12 in other stores & normally wear a 2 in tops & 1.5 in pants at Chicos. The quality is excellent on everything I've bought

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk