Show me---What did you wear for Elegant/Formal night

gizmo911

Show us how well you clean up after that long, hot day in port or lazy afternoon around the pool (lol). Post your elegant/formal night pictures yourself, family and friends.

Note: I would like to post a couple of my own but not sure how. My pictures were e-mailed to me and I down loaded them onto my computer.

I hope that this works. I don't have photos, but I will try to paste a link that shows what Lady Kathryn and I wear on formal nights on Cunard. We were on a cruise on the Queen Elizabeth last January. This year we will be on the Queen Victoria in April. Since we love to dance, a few weeks ago I googled dancing on Cunard, just to anticipate our April trip. Imagine my surprise when I saw myself and Lady Kathryn on youtube dancing. We didn't know that someone was recording the dance and we didn't know that it was on youtube. She is the beautiful platinum blonde with the long white gloves. I am the goofy-looking guy with a beard dancing with the beautiful lady.

Well, I hope that the link to youtube works. If you don't want to see the whole dance, and just want to see what we're wearing, we're the fourth couple to show up on the video. Hope this works. Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

this was at the world voyage banquet in dubai. I am sporting that all important fashion accessory -- a falcon -- on my arm.

(look closely and you can see the uncertainty in my eyes!)

16234449919_eda3488d22_z.jpg

love this!!!! looks like you had a great time!

I hope that this works. I don't have photos, but I will try to paste a link that shows what Lady Kathryn and I wear on formal nights on Cunard. We were on a cruise on the Queen Elizabeth last January. This year we will be on the Queen Victoria in April. Since we love to dance, a few weeks ago I googled dancing on Cunard, just to anticipate our April trip. Imagine my surprise when I saw myself and Lady Kathryn on youtube dancing. We didn't know that someone was recording the dance and we didn't know that it was on youtube. She is the beautiful platinum blonde with the long white gloves. I am the goofy-looking guy with a beard dancing with the beautiful lady.

Well, I hope that the link to youtube works. If you don't want to see the whole dance, and just want to see what we're wearing, we're the fourth couple to show up on the video. Hope this works. Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

That's so cool! And I love your wife's dress - it's as beautiful as she is.

Edited by PJOZ

Great looking couple.:)

I watched the whole thing and, lo and behold, saw a couple that was on the same cruise we were on in Oct.:D

You all look so beautiful. My outfit is much less formal, but I've been cruising on a more casual line lately and it gets the job done. Sorry, I have no pictures of me in it (avoid cameras like the plague), but here is the outfit anyway. It used to include a gold clutch until I discovered the wonder that is a formal black skirt with pockets!!!

33p50sw.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1423344703.430915.jpg.379de44f339ba9881b4c6514f7d404c8.jpg. This dress I dressed up with a glittery belt and scarf. I used the same dress with a white sporty belt for daytime touring or casual nights. My profile pic is the cocktail dress and jacket I wore on the first formal night. I do believe I could have left it at home in order to pack lighter. Edited by HLGW60

Thank you both fyree and Kiwis Afloat :)

The shoes very similar but not exactly the same. I had them for years before I discovered polyvore (the amazing site I used to make that compilation) and so by that point I couldn't find their exact match online and had to find a comparable substitute. Mine are slightly darker (smaller lace pattern so there's more black) and don't have the extra hardware/rhinestone type decoration at the back. They are from Guess and are lovely and surprisingly quite comfortable.