Jewelry shopping in cozumel

Drew usually buys my jewlery when we disembark in the Caymens. I have been able to get some beautiful pieces although they are not really as inexpensive as people think. The only thing is no tax. Our last trip he bought me the necklace, braclet and earrings to my Alexandrite ring. Again it wasn't cheap, but still much better than what we would have paid in the States.

Now he did want to buy me a dancing diamond necklace and I told him that I would prefer to wait and buy that in the States as they are delicate and I know it would be eaiser to have them repaired on replaced here. And yes, I got the "Dancing Diamonds for Valentine's! :) He is a real gem...;) Pun intended.

Has anyone purchased jewelry at Diamond Palace? Didn't read all the posts about fake jewelry until after I bought something. Now I am worried and wondering if they are reputable.

Did you get a GIA certification with your purchase? If so, take it with you to a reputable jeweler to have them appraise the jewelry and make sure it matches info on certification. Only buy jewelry ANYWHERE, US or abroad, after doing extensive research on what you want and how much you can afford. Heavy sales tactics are designed to emotionally manipulate you into buying and making the store $$$. I only buy when I know what I want and what's the real value beforehand.

Sent from my iPad using Forums