Rick Steve's Civita Day Pack

rlkubi

I have one of these; it was part of the package when I booked a Rick Steves tour.

I opened the package and knew immediately I'd never use it. It's small and incredibly flimsy. No structure to it.

As a beach bag, it might be handy, but you wouldn't be able to fit towels in it.

I believe this bag is best suited for day trips in a city, not the beach. There are museums and places that don't allow backpacks but do allow something this small which is more like a medium size purse. Personally, I love mine for that type of travel. I can fit my wallet, camera, glasses, cell phone and kindle in it. A beach towel? Not so much. I have an assigned place for all the important things and feel it is very secure against pickpockets.

I have it (think it was a $20 special once?) I don't think it's big enough for a beach bag. Honestly, it's really too small & without crossbody straps, I rarely use it. It's not big enough for me to use as a tote (for work or flying) and it's not the right shape for me to use as a purse. Ah well.

I actually tend to use it most for shopping trips - it holds coupons, shopping list and other shopping bags, and depending on what I'm shopping for, I can use it as a bag for my purchases as well.

Just bring an old tote...doesn't have to be fancy or new... You just want your stuff "out of sight" while on the beach. You can keep an eye on your stuff from the water...not a big deal. One of those reusable shopping bags will work in a pinch, if you don't have a beach bag. Folds up flat for packing! Square bottom for standing upright while you're using it.

No one cares what kind of bag you're using.....so don't worry about it!

Edited by cb at sea

I got one for $5 on a Facebook deal and it's ok. I've put a beach towel and other items in it. I would like it more if the fabric were heavier and it had some structure. It's not flimsy, just shapeless, and doesn't have any padding to protect a camera or phone. So I prefer a larger backpack.