Hair Tools Help

Surrealistic

Ladies, I need your help. When I had mid length hair, I always just blew out my hair thus avoiding taking heated hair tools with me on a cruise. Recently I grew my hair longer, which requires a bit more effort to get the job done. So, I purchased a travel size set of heated rollers and also intended to bring my flat iron, but then I wondered if this was allowed. There is no auto shut off on the rollers. What do those of you do that have longish hair? What hair tools do you take with you on a cruise? I have a curling iron, but honestly, that takes me the longest to get the results I desire. Thanks for any advice.

Of COURSE it's allowed! Women would NOT cruise without their hair stuff!

I bring my full-sized hair dryer and full sized electric curlers!!! The provided dryer doesn't blow worth a damn. You may bring any and all heated appliances! Just because I'm on vacation doesn't mean I don't want to look my best!

Edited by cb at sea

I let my hair do it's more natural curl most days, but I bring my flat iron and big curling iron for nights. I do tend to do less elaborate styling, but I too need a new iron since mine doesn't shut off! The switch broke, I can always unplug but I like the auto off as well.

Edited by murfturf

I usually take a curling iron, since blowdryers are available in the cabins. My hair doesn't respond well to humidity, and I found that when I curl it instead of trying to keep it straight and smooth, I'm happier and don't worry about it when I'm out. I always take elastics and clips, because with longer hair, you can pull it into a ponytail, braid it, wear a hat, clip it.

There are all kinds of cute ideas online for different braids and casual (messy) updos :)

I take a mini dryer (BabyLiss, so powerful), 1" curling iron and flat iron. The mini flatiron isn't worth even the little bit of room it takes up so I'll find room for my GHD this next trip. I also take a silicone protection mat to put the irons down on, and avoid scorching the table or counter tops and avoid fire risk.