Drinks Packages on Celebrity

carmurbeth

Hi,

We are new to cruising and looking forward to our cruise on Celebrity Solstice on 27th Jan 2015. Neither my husband or I drinks lots but I am wondering if it is worth buying a package for my husband who enjoys beer and coffee. What drinks are available for free and when? I only drink black coffee so don't think I would get value for money.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. There are forums here for each of the cruise lines, and you will get expert answers on the Celebrity board, under Cruise Lines A-O. Generally, you hae to drink a lot to get your moneys worth in a beverage package. EM

Welcome to Cruise Critic. There are forums here for each of the cruise lines, and you will get expert answers on the Celebrity board, under Cruise Lines A-O. Generally, you hae to drink a lot to get your moneys worth in a beverage package. EM

If a person drinks a lot of bottled water, premium coffees, espressos, sodas or fruit smoothies, the package could be worth while even if a person doesn't drink much alcohol. The lowest priced package that includes alcohol is $49 per day. At $3 to $5 for any of the mentioned drinks, you would only need to consume 10 to 15 to break even, and even less if you buy an alcoholic drink or two.

There are also non-alcoholic packages that include most or all the mentioned beverages. These are $16 for the classic and $20 for the premium packages. You could get these and buy the few alcoholic drinks as you go.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_overview#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic

Edited by boogs

Here is the list of the classic package on Celebrity http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745. It just changed recently. Bear in mind that beer is included up to $6/serving so if he only drinks beer, he'd have to be buying more than 8 beers a day to make it worth it. Of course it also includes all the non alcoholic drinks too so that's a factor.

As for you the non alcoholic package includes espesso, cappuccino, latte, non alcoholic speciality coffees, coffee syrups, soda/juice/water/non alcoholic cocktails etc. so you might find it worth looking at.

Free drinks all day included are tea, coffee, lemonade. Tap water is 100% good to drink so you can refill bottles of water from your cabin. In the morning there is also juice (from concentrate, not fresh) included.

You can also just take a case of soda or whatever non-alcoholic drinks you want on board, you can slap a luggage tag on it and it'll get taken to the cabin. You can take two bottles of wine also per cabin, but you cannot take any beer on with you unfortunately.

Edited by Cruise_Christy

Many thanks, think we will just take a chance and just buy as we need it dont think my hubbie could manage 6 beers in a day. He would be asleep all the time.:)

That's what we do. The only time we get a beverage package is if it's a free perk offered during promotions.