5 people in a cabin?

sara mom

There are some family cabins that allow 5, but they are pretty expensive. More so than booking 2 cabins usually is.

I dont know which ship you are looking at, but look at the family suites too. We had one below us on the Liberty with lots of kids out on the huge long balcony.

Yes, there are cabins that will hold 5, but they have to be booked on the phone...you can't book them online. Call RCI and see what's available...check the prices on both suites/family suites and connecting cabins....have the deck plans in front of you so you know what you're buying!

Yes, there are cabins that you can book over the phone that hold 5 people. However, it is usually less expensive to book 2 adjoining rooms instead...and you have the added benefit of an extra bathroom.

The Royal Family Suites (or Two Bedroom Suites as they are now being called) have two bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, a living room and a huge balcony. Yes it is usually more expensive than booking two rooms. You do have to call RCI to get pricing unless it is close to the cruise date. Then they open the room up for anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
I am looking at the pricing for a summer cruise. It lists the price for an inside as $889(I understand this to be per person) and the price for a "family ocean view" as $1399... my question...is $1399 per person(for each of the 5 people) or is that per cabin?

Pricing is per person but generally the price for the 1st and 2nd passengers in a cabin will be higher than the price for 3rd, 4th, or 4th people in the cabin.

We have sailed in two adjoining balcony cabins with our family of four and found that having TWO bathrooms as opposed to just one was just fantastic and totally worth the money! The cost is usually also lower than booking one of the larger cabins (esp. suites) to accommodate all of us.

Is there any way to book 5 people in one cabin on RCI? Suites, anything? Or is adjoining cabins the only way to go? I want to travel with my immediate family of 4 and disabled parent.

i would do the adjoining because you can always leave the door open between the two and you have two bathrooms that way.

It all comes down to what you want to spend. Budget it or spend a bit more. Also-how much floor space you would want.

As bajathree stated-both GS and OS can have 5. A rollaway can be brought into both rooms. Had a rollaway brought into a GS and still had ample floor space. Never needed the rollaway in an OS and would have had plenty of room if needed one.

if you have disabled parent you could book handicap room. they tend to be much bigger and they will allow a rollaway for fifth passanger. Again call royal for info :)

Actually, if the disabled parent is in a wheelchair or scooter, you pretty much have to book a handicapped cabin.

I am looking at the pricing for a summer cruise. It lists the price for an inside as $889(I understand this to be per person) and the price for a "family ocean view" as $1399... my question...is $1399 per person(for each of the 5 people) or is that per cabin?

I think you would be wise in talking with a travel agent or cruise consultant...it sounds like you may be needing a lot of info since you're new to cruising.

YOu also need to consider how much assistance the disabled parent needs. In a family suite or a TS ( same thing) suite, the second bedroom is small with bunks, but you can use the sofa in the living room as a pull out.

It may be easier to have 2 connecting balcony rooms or a JS with a connecting room than to have a parent sleep in the "bunk hall" or on a pull out.

We have not done connecting s yet because we have a sleep walker and want to be closer in one suite, but It may work very well in your case.

HAve fun!

Archived