How much does laundry service cost?

pwinches

Hi all,

I was planning to do laundry on board, but my husband made a face - he thinks we should just use the ship's laundry service. I'm notoriously frugal and hope someone can tell me how much it generally costs to have it sent out.

Thanks.

On longer cruises some ships will have the $20 bag offer. It is amazing how much you can stuff into that bag!:)

A few years back they had the $20 bag on almost every trip but lately it's been hit or miss, so don't count on it.

btw- the laundry bags have shrunk in size from what they were in the past.

A few years back they had the $20 bag on almost every trip but lately it's been hit or miss, so don't count on it.

btw- the laundry bags have shrunk in size from what they were in the past.

The bag price has been offered on the past 4 seven day cruises on Emerald I've been on. I think it was $20

But, as you mention the bags have gotten a lot smaller.

I was worried about ripping the bag trying to get two shirts into it.

I'm not sure the $20 would actually work out to be a value.

This should answer your question:

2979977910103243266S600x600Q85.jpg

Welp, I gotta admit that the prices are more reasonable than what I expected to see. I figured they'd soak everybody on the ship.

How many laundry machines typically are there in each self-serve laundry room? (I'm on the Crown in January, Emerald Deck, if anybody can be specific)

How many laundry machines typically are there in each self-serve laundry room? (I'm on the Crown in January, Emerald Deck, if anybody can be specific)

If the laundry room goes from one hallway to another, there will be four washers and four driers. If the room only goes to one hallway, it will be half that size with 2 of each.

There will also be irons and ironing boards

Hey Toto, is that slip all that current? I could have sworn I remembered slightly higher prices last time I looked. (As an example, I thought shorts were $4 or $4.50 last time I looked).

Generally it's pretty easy to do your own laundry on the bigger ships. Trying to do it on an R class ship may involve bloodshed to defend your machine, and god forbid if you're more than about 30 seconds late in moving your laundry from a machine :).

Hey Toto, is that slip all that current? I could have sworn I remembered slightly higher prices last time I looked. (As an example, I thought shorts were $4 or $4.50 last time I looked).

Generally it's pretty easy to do your own laundry on the bigger ships. Trying to do it on an R class ship may involve bloodshed to defend your machine, and god forbid if you're more than about 30 seconds late in moving your laundry from a machine :).

Although that slip was from a cruise about a year ago the prices were at least the same in May on the Emerald but they might have changes since.

I am not sure how currect it is, but it will give the OP an idea. Prices can change at the drop of a hat, so it was just to give them an idea. ;)

I just paid 9.00 to get my suit cleaned here at home. For the same price I should have let Princess do it and it would have been freshly pressed on the ship!

Princess no longer does dry cleaning - they call it professional cleanned - but it is not the same. My husband spilled something on his suit and he sent it to get cleaned on the ship, but they couldn't get it out (didn't charge us) and when we got home the dry cleaner was able to get it out easily.

But good point about the pressing option

this is from Princess' website on the FAQ section http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/experience.jsp

Vickie, great link! Thanks for posting. I'm determined to return home with hole-less clothes this cruise, so that means I'll be spending some time in the laundry, Elite status or not. Good to know I can do it on the Emerald before retiring for the night.

Vickie, great link! Thanks for posting. I'm determined to return home with hole-less clothes this cruise, so that means I'll be spending some time in the laundry, Elite status or not. Good to know I can do it on the Emerald before retiring for the night.

yes and you will be able to ensure you get all your articles back :D last year we received someone else's bathing trunks... weird, and it seemed that we kept loosing my skort when we put it in for washing, kept teasing the steward saying "go down to the laundry and see who is wearing my skorts"

Archived