Msc Fantasia balcony cabin advice

Bellajoslyn

We have, according to our travel agent a balcony on deck 10, we can pay to reserve a specific cabin...

Are there are steel balconies, or restricted view?

There are a few with a bigger balcony but they are booked out.

Is it worth reserving a specific cabin, I can't find any information on best cabins with regards to size or location...

Travelling on 18/09/2016 from Genoa

Sorry more advice needed..

My flight gets into Genoa at 10.30 am and we have transfers as part of our package..

I keep reading horror stories about getting on the ship, how does this work?

When does the system open to allow us onboard? And any hints or tips?

Many thanks

Sorry more advice needed..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have, according to our travel agent a balcony on deck 10, we can pay to reserve a specific cabin...I've cruised 14 times with MSC , 6 times from Genoa, and can assure you that I have always specified a cabin at the time of booking., no extra cost involved you need a deck plan at hand ask what cabins are available so as to make your choice.

Are there are steel balconies,Yes

or restricted view?Yes

This is where various balcony types are , use in conjunction with a deck plan

the limitations of the fields of view of the balconies in the recessed areas varies from only 90 degrees, the big balconies next to the hump wall to about 160 degrees in the centre of the recess

Msc_Fantasia%20copy.jpg

There are a few with a bigger balcony but they are booked out.

Is it worth reserving a specific cabin, I can't find any information on best cabins with regards to size or location...I always try to specify a cabin, but it is not guaranteed . I had an upgrade once which put me in a cabin I didn't really want

My flight gets into Genoa at 10.30 am and we have transfers as part of our package..

I keep reading horror stories about getting on the ship, how does this work?

There will be a person from MSC at the exit of the airside part of the building They will check you against their list and direct you to the coaches , possibly via a chain of MSC personnel

When does the system open to allow us onboard? If you are booked on a transfer you will be directed by MSC staff to the correct places to go.

And any hints or tips? On the return flight you can use the MSC lounge on the first floor of departures at Genoa airport , it's far more comfortable than anywhere else in the airport

Many thanks

Pete

In terms of getting on the ship, we were on the same flight for Fantasia just before Christmas, the transfer to the port was pretty quick and it didn't take long at all to get through check in and on to the ship; the rooms weren't ready straight away, but we took some hand luggage so we could get changed / freshen up in the loo if needed - we were glad to change our shoes if nothing else.