Need London Help RE: Hotels, Transportation and Tours

I happened to buy my Euro last Thursday as well. The market EUR to USD was at 1.34 something. It actually hasn't been at the 1.4 that you are remembering since April.

As you said, I buy mine here for peace of mind and convenience. Yes, it's the price we pay for travel.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your thread and intend to use some of your findings for my first trip to London next year. The one historical site out of London proper that I would love to get to see is Canterbury Cathedral. I am hoping to work this in. Otherwise, you've covered quite a bit of my interests with your itinerary. I hope you have a fantastic trip. :):)

I happened to buy my Euro last Thursday as well. The market EUR to USD was at 1.34 something. It actually hasn't been at the 1.4 that you are remembering since April.

As you said, I buy mine here for peace of mind and convenience. Yes, it's the price we pay for travel.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your thread and intend to use some of your findings for my first trip to London next year. The one historical site out of London proper that I would love to get to see is Canterbury Cathedral. I am hoping to work this in. Otherwise, you've covered quite a bit of my interests with your itinerary. I hope you have a fantastic trip. :):)

Thank you for giving me the rate for Thursday.

I plan to do a mini-review of our London trip after we get back home to show how well our plans worked [or didn't--because we know there will be bumps in the road] :p

Thank you for giving me the rate for Thursday.

I plan to do a mini-review of our London trip after we get back home to show how well our plans worked [or didn't--because we know there will be bumps in the road] :p

Yes please do a review. I did one last year for our five day trip before our Mediterranean cruise. People do appreciate it. Enjoy your entire trip.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have a question for those that sail from Harwich.

I know Royal Caribbean allows 2 bottles of wine. Their official rules do not allow any other beverages to be brought aboard. They do not enforce this. I have been able to carry on water and a couple of bottles of soda on every cruise I have taken. I do not hide these. They are in my carry-on tote and visible.

Have those of you that cruise from Harwich been able to bring aboard water/soda?

Thanks to all of you that helped me plan this trip. We leave for the airport later this afternoon. I am almost finished packing. :rolleyes:

I have weighed my luggage and they weight more than I would like. [no mobiity issues--but, steps at the tube will be a bear.] The bigger bag weighs 46 lbs and the smaller 38 lbs.

The book bag [to carry on] is not too bad. But, I took an inventory of the items in that and decided if our other luggage was lost/delayed and we had to replace anything, the items in the book bag would be the essentials [or most expensive].

Thanks to all of you that helped me plan this trip. We leave for the airport later this afternoon. I am almost finished packing. :rolleyes:

I have weighed my luggage and they weight more than I would like. [no mobiity issues--but, steps at the tube will be a bear.] The bigger bag weighs 46 lbs and the smaller 38 lbs.

The book bag [to carry on] is not too bad. But, I took an inventory of the items in that and decided if our other luggage was lost/delayed and we had to replace anything, the items in the book bag would be the essentials [or most expensive].

if you can, get a cab to hotel or find the elevator at the tube

to avoid the steps w/ your luggage !! :eek:

have a marvelous trip !!!!;)

• 4 weeks later...