What Additional Routes Can Carnival Add?

Kobayashi

This cannot happen. With the ships flagged in Panama and Bahamas, they must exit the country at least once (for nowhere cruises, they have to go to international waters) in order for the cruise to be legal. that's why you see the ships leaving from Vancouver or stopping in Victoria on the way there or Ensenada on the way back or going down to the Pacific Islands and such. Under the U.S. Flag, they can go to the U.S. and come back. But that takes lots of special approval, and carnival isn't really out for that market. they stopped the europe cruises because of flight issues. flights to Hawaii are a lot more expensive than flights to Europe.

Before NCL's POA was flagged in the U.S., NCL would do, essentially, the same itinerary as they do now, but with a side trip to Fanning Island. That worked just fine, and other lines could easily enough do the same, though I do appreciate the extra time in ports that POA provides now.

It would be nice to have a choice of lines, even if it's only for a few weeks sandwiched between the longer crossings. (I'm not a sea-day fan)

Edited by srlafleur

Do this on a Spirit class ship (the only class we've yet to sail) from Tampa and that is our next cruise booked hands down.

We transited through the Panama Canal on the Miracle's repo from NY to Long Beach...Best Cruise Ever !!!

It was 15 days of heaven -> New York/Grand Turk/Cartagena Colombia/Panama Canal Transit/Puntarenas Costa Rica/Puerto Quetzal Guatemala/Cabo San Lucas Mexico/Long Beach (missed Grand Turk due to gastroenteritis on the island)

Would do this trip again in a heartbeat !

Norway/North Cape roundtrip from...somewhere: Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Dover, Southampton

British Isles from Dover or Southampton

Chilean Fjords/Antartica, similar to the roundtrip Celebrity does.

Canada/NE from Baltimore (hey, Royal Caribbean does it...competition is a good thing)

And Heck Yeah to a round-trip Pacific Northwest. I've never been able to work up a lot of enthusiasm for Alaska; it just seems like such an endless succession of little pissant towns. I wouldn't be very interested in a one-way Pacific Northwest to Vancouver. A roundtrip from somewhere in California or Seattle would do nicely, and could easily be done in 7-10 days.

And a Big Heck Yeah to Iceland/Greenland, to include some of the more obscure Atlantic Canada ports in Newfoundland and Labrador. Roundtrip from Boston, in my dreams. Not sure what a good length is, but 10 or 12 days sounds about right. Shorter would be better, but I'd take what I could get.

Carnival really needs to do a better job on cold weather cruising. You can only go to Alaska and Canada but so many times. Well, I can do Canada/NE all the time, but it'd be nice to have a change once in a while.

And a Big Heck Yeah to Iceland/Greenland, to include some of the more obscure Atlantic Canada ports in Newfoundland and Labrador. Roundtrip from Boston, in my dreams.

That would be AWESOME!:)

I'm up for going places it's not easy to drive to (Iceland, et al) from someplace that it is (Boston). Don't bother to stop in Portland ME, but Bar Harbor would be okay on the way up. Skip the more commonly visited Canadian ports in favor of, well...anywhere else.

Edited by srlafleur

THIS!

They could easy get Tampa a ship with a 8/6 night cycle with the 8 night going to Panama, Costa Rica, and Colombia. I think this would be the easiest port to do it from, and it would bring cruisers to Tampa. I just had a thread with a lot of ideas for Tampa with these ports included.

I good itinerary for the 6 day out of Tampa could be Key West, HMC and Grand Turk.:cool:

If they could throw in a few more private island cruises from New Orleans it would get my attention.

On a cruise is about the only time we get to see the ocean or beaches.

Actually the main reason we go just to see the ocean.

Add Catalina perhaps and maybe some off the path place like Astoria Oregon and I would think this cruise would be a winner. It would be hard to go to Vancouver and back in a week.

Princess does California Coastal week long cruises. No problem

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

DayPort / DateArriveDepart1

Los Angeles, California*

Saturday, May 2

4:00 PM2

Santa Barbara, California*

Sunday, May 3

7:00 AM6:00 PM3

At Sea*

Monday, May 4

San Francisco, California*

Tuesday, May 5

8:00 AM8:00 PM5

At Sea*

Wednesday, May 6

Astoria, Oregon*

Thursday, May 7

7:00 AM4:00 PM7

Victoria, British Columbia*

Friday, May 8

8:00 AM11:59 PM8

Vancouver, British Columbia*

Saturday, May 9

7:30 AM

Los Angeles, California*

Saturday, October 3

At Sea*

Sunday, October 4

Monday, October 5

7:00 AM11:00 PM4

At Sea*

Tuesday, October 6

Wednesday, October 7

7:00 AM6:00 PM6

Ensenada, Mexico*

Thursday, October 8

8:00 AM5:00 PM7

San Diego, California*

Friday, October 9

7:00 AM5:00 PM8

Los Angeles, California*

Saturday, October 10

Duplicate post

Edited by ccruisequeen

Los Angeles, California*

Saturday, October 3

At Sea*

Sunday, October 4

Monday, October 5

7:00 AM11:00 PM4

At Sea*

Tuesday, October 6

Wednesday, October 7

7:00 AM6:00 PM6

Ensenada, Mexico*

Thursday, October 8

8:00 AM5:00 PM7

San Diego, California*

Friday, October 9

7:00 AM5:00 PM8

Los Angeles, California*

Saturday, October 10

This is along the lines of an earlier suggestion, but Belize-Costa Rica-Panama-Columbia stops departing from Miami (or Tampa, doesn't matter to me) would be excellent.

If they did this it would make sense to do it from Tampa as they need a spirit or fantasy class to go into Panama Canal(currently) which you also need those ships for Tampa. I know they could do Miami but it really wouldn't make as much sense.

If they did this it would make sense to do it from Tampa as they need a spirit or fantasy class to go into Panama Canal(currently) which you also need those ships for Tampa. I know they could do Miami but it really wouldn't make as much sense.

Lot more to see in Panama than the canal . The trip we did the ship (Freedom) docked in Limon , we did a bus tour ,stopped to watch a ship go thru a lock , They have viewing places to watch from . Back on the bus to Panama City , on the Pacific side of Panama , stopped at 4 different places , lunch over looking the canal entrance on The Pacific . 45 minute bus ride back to The port . Really nice seeing the Panama country side .

I get that, but if they're going to do this itinerary with a spirit class ship. Tampa seems to be the smarter choice since Miami has an abundance of ships while Tampa only has one and it need spirit class or smaller to go under the Skyway Bridge.

did belize, costa rica, panama a couple of years ago, and it still remains our favorite cruise...I think it left from new Orleans (not sure about that) would love to do it again!

NOLA departure would be great too-I'd love to spend some time pre-cruise in NOLA!

I think an iceland/greenland itinerary would be nice that leaves out of baltimore 4-6 times a year. Maybe two stops per country. Maybe a 8 day cruise.

Like to see more variety in the west coast mexican riviera cruise as its on my bucket list but have not been excited about the limited number of stops. The journey mexican riviera cruise is strong but boy is it pricey!

Any exploration into south america would also be nice even though I know there are other cruiselines that do those itineraries...

Iceland/Greenland would go on my bucket list immediately! Holland stops in Iceland on an expensive itinerary, and Royal Caribbean on a Transatlantic, but it's basically untouched territory by the mass market cruise industry.

The Mexican Riviera itinerary looks pretty awesome! If you divide the cost of the cruise up per week, it runs similar to doing two 1 week cruises there...

Speaking of these Journey cruises, I had no idea they existed till last night! Cheap cost, exotic ports, on extended days, with throwback entertainment? From here on out, I think I'm going to be doing 90% of my Caribbean cruising on Carnival! :)

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor