Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Just came back from my weigh-in. I'm down 2.4 lbs for this past week.

Has anyone tried the Fiber One Chocolate Chip Bars ? Low points and really hits the spot for a dessert craving. I also bought the new Special K chocolate crisps and they were just OK. I will probably not buy them again. Just thought I'd share.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Cari in Indy

:)

Wow....great loss!! Good for you!

I've eaten the Fiber Plus bars, and they are really good....almost cheating good :eek:

Last year I had lost almost 40 lbs before my cruise. I made sure to exercise every day, ate well the bulk of the time, a lot of fish, salads, veggies, ordered sorbet for desserts, so when I had a few cookies, a slice of pizza or fries I was ok. I didn't really gain anything.

I will be cruising in about 7 weeks, so right now I am doing points plus. I just want to be able to enjoy myself. I don't plan to count points on the cruise, but just try to make healthier choices.

That's what I'd like to do as well.....enjoy myself "SENSIBLY"!

I was up 1.2 lbs. at WI this morning. Kind of expected it. Had company in town this past week and really went off-program, didn't get enough exercise, etc. Weather didn't help. Was actually up more earlier in the week but have already started to lose again, so I'm headed in the right direction.

Three weeks to go before we leave for the cruise, and I'll need to be buckling down; hopefully the weather will cooperate a bit more and allow me to get the exercise I need, including getting back on the strength-training bandwagon.

Not letting setbacks upset you is a major deal to me. Previously if I screwed up one meal, I'd just give up on the rest of the day, then week, then.... My focus now is not to let those things get to me and discourage me. Just get right back on program and work it.

I was up 1.2 lbs. at WI this morning. Kind of expected it. Had company in town this past week and really went off-program, didn't get enough exercise, etc. Weather didn't help. Was actually up more earlier in the week but have already started to lose again, so I'm headed in the right direction.

Three weeks to go before we leave for the cruise, and I'll need to be buckling down; hopefully the weather will cooperate a bit more and allow me to get the exercise I need, including getting back on the strength-training bandwagon.

Congratulations on getting back on track....not always easy, but necessary to get to our goals!:)

This could have been written by me! As Bunches said, recommitting is what will ultimately make us lose the weight. Not giving up because of a setback is a victory in itself. Last night I was feeling peckish so I foolishly ate a small bowl of peanuts. That means about an extra half hour on the treadmill this morning and probaly no wine with dinner. But I like the look of the new me and the new clothes I fit into. So if I overeat one day, I can do something constructive about that the next.

Nikki

I had something kind of cool happen. There's these dresses I've been getting from onestopplus.com that I really like. Well, they're starting to run out of them and they're on clearance. They were out of my size, and a few sizes smaller too. I decided to order some that were a much smaller size and keep them for when I get there. On a whim I tried one on and it fit! It was a little snug, but actually wearable. That was exciting. Now granted they are probably sized larger than normal, but still.

So happy to find this group. I have been on WW since early September and have lost 15 lbs. In about two weeks we will do a 10 cruise on Celebrity to the Greek Islands with three days afterwards in Rome and a half a day in Munich.

I have been doing a lot of fretting about gaining back some (hopefully not all) of the weight during this trip. I am sure a trip to the Haufbrau house for a beer and a pretzel could = 5 pounds on it's own!

Wondering how those of you on WW who have cruised on the plan found the post cruise situation as far as this goes?

This could have been written by me! As Bunches said, recommitting is what will ultimately make us lose the weight. Not giving up because of a setback is a victory in itself. Last night I was feeling peckish so I foolishly ate a small bowl of peanuts. That means about an extra half hour on the treadmill this morning and probaly no wine with dinner. But I like the look of the new me and the new clothes I fit into. So if I overeat one day, I can do something constructive about that the next.

Nikki

Great attitude!

I had something kind of cool happen. There's these dresses I've been getting from onestopplus.com that I really like. Well, they're starting to run out of them and they're on clearance. They were out of my size, and a few sizes smaller too. I decided to order some that were a much smaller size and keep them for when I get there. On a whim I tried one on and it fit! It was a little snug, but actually wearable. That was exciting. Now granted they are probably sized larger than normal, but still.

Nooooo.....I'll bet they run small. At least, that's what we will say! :p Congratulations...that's great news!!!:D

Edited by CrimsonQueen

So happy to find this group. I have been on WW since early September and have lost 15 lbs. In about two weeks we will do a 10 cruise on Celebrity to the Greek Islands with three days afterwards in Rome and a half a day in Munich.

I have been doing a lot of fretting about gaining back some (hopefully not all) of the weight during this trip. I am sure a trip to the Haufbrau house for a beer and a pretzel could = 5 pounds on it's own!

Wondering how those of you on WW who have cruised on the plan found the post cruise situation as far as this goes?

Welcome! We're glad you found us, too! On my first cruise, I had just lost a small person :) and I ended up gaining 3 pounds on the cruise. I couldn't get over how much walking was involved!! I was not a big exerciser at the time, so all the walking kept my gain to a minimum.

Others may have had different results.

Just enjoy yourself....sensibly!

On our last cruise our daughter was 11 and in Camp Carnival. Our cabin was aft so it was a long walk to the front of the ship to take her and pick her up from CC. This year she's 12 and doesn't need us to sign her in or out so I expect I won't be getting quite as much exercise. But I'm going to wear my WW pedometer (the one that tells you how many activity points you've earned) and try and meet a certain goal every day as far as how many steps I've taken.

My boyfriend & I will be heading out on Carnival Conquest in January for my 40th birthday. I would like to be down 20lbs by then.

I started by on WW on Thursday. I have had success on WW before but began a new relationship a little over 6 months ago which means lots of eating out that I was not used to. The cruise is my birthday present from my boyfriend and I hope to look & feel better when I turn 40! :rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone! :)

My boyfriend & I will be heading out on Carnival Conquest in January for my 40th birthday. I would like to be down 20lbs by then.

I started by on WW on Thursday. I have had success on WW before but began a new relationship a little over 6 months ago which means lots of eating out that I was not used to. The cruise is my birthday present from my boyfriend and I hope to look & feel better when I turn 40! :rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone! :)

Love the screen name :p The Conquest was my first ship, and we went with the Cruisin' with the Tide group.

20 pounds by January is a very achievable goal....and YOU can do it!

I had a little more time to read back through this thread last night. What a great bunch you are! Thank you all for sharing your ideas and struggles on this board. It's very helpful.

I am not sure I will take my scale, but on the other hand, THAT is a very good idea and I just might squeeze it into my suitcase. A reality check along the way is a very good thing.

I have the all access $42 a month pass so I track online and go to meetings. I weigh myself at home though, first thing in the am once a week. Can't stand to go and have someone tell me if things are good or bad.

We have done strictly land based Europe trips before and I usually wear a pedometer. Last trip to Tuscany we were walking 8 -9 miles a day! I never gained on those trips and just ate what I wanted. So I will bring my pedometer (thinking about getting a fit bit, they don't have the new WW equivalent out in my area yet).

I have been religious about tracking points and I am not sure I want to break the habit. Since it's been web based I may have to take the book and the tracker to make it easier. Even if I am tracking cheese cake I think I am going to try and track.

Gym and walking track during at sea days I think is a good idea. I think I just need stay focused and not give in to a "what the heck it's vacation just pig out" mentality. That thought process is why I was 50 pounds overweight!

Oh, and about fruit: My leader says some are better then others. Grapes are high sugar she says so I avoid those. What I do is buy two large bags of small gala apples every week. One for home and one for work. I eat three a day and it's really helps.

I too track online and will have to get used to paper tracking for the trip. Though on the other hand last year I bought internet access to keep my email from getting out of hand. I might bring my laptop along this time and continue to track online after all. Would be worth the $$ to do it. I HAVE TO track. It's so easy to go over otherwise.

I read over all the info on Simply Filling this morning. I am going to follow this plan while cruising. I will take my food guide with me and a couple of trackers so that I can continue to count any of my extra points. Each glass of wine I will mix with diet soda water so that I can have 2 glasses every night , but use only 3 points. That alone will account for half of my extra allowance each week. I intend to eat fresh fruit for dessert and have the occasional treat but will truly try to only have 2 or 3 bites of it. I have worked too hard to blow this loss in a few weeks. With all the walking I will be doing, I can lash out a little.

Nikki

I too track online and will have to get used to paper tracking for the trip. Though on the other hand last year I bought internet access to keep my email from getting out of hand. I might bring my laptop along this time and continue to track online after all. Would be worth the $$ to do it. I HAVE TO track. It's so easy to go over otherwise.

I agree. After working so hard to develop the tracking as a habit I gotta keep it as a habit. Internet access for tracking seems worth the $.

I read over all the info on Simply Filling this morning. I am going to follow this plan while cruising. I will take my food guide with me and a couple of trackers so that I can continue to count any of my extra points. Each glass of wine I will mix with diet soda water so that I can have 2 glasses every night , but use only 3 points. That alone will account for half of my extra allowance each week. I intend to eat fresh fruit for dessert and have the occasional treat but will truly try to only have 2 or 3 bites of it. I have worked too hard to blow this loss in a few weeks. With all the walking I will be doing, I can lash out a little.

Nikki

Very interesting idea. Simply filling then track the extras. I like this a lot because it would make it feel less constraining but I would still feel the habit of tracking in place by tracking the foods/drinks not on the Simply filling list. I am also going to wear a pedometer and plan on eating my activity points. I don't normally do so but on this trip I am going to use them.

I am sailing on Celebrity Equinox on 10/24 10 nights Greek Islands. Any one on this board on the same ship by chance? It would be great to have a WW buddy to touch base with while on board.

Nikki

Sounds like a great plan, Nikki!

I agree. After working so hard to develop the tracking as a habit I gotta keep it as a habit. Internet access for tracking seems worth the $.

Very interesting idea. Simply filling then track the extras. I like this a lot because it would make it feel less constraining but I would still feel the habit of tracking in place by tracking the foods/drinks not on the Simply filling list. I am also going to wear a pedometer and plan on eating my activity points. I don't normally do so but on this trip I am going to use them.

I am sailing on Celebrity Equinox on 10/24 10 nights Greek Islands. Any one on this board on the same ship by chance? It would be great to have a WW buddy to touch base with while on board.

So wish I were going to be on that sailing, but I have to wait until next April....I hope to be much closer to my goal by then.

Have you asked on your Roll Call? There may be some Point Trackers :) there.