just joined weight watchers

hockeyluver

after going back and forth forever i just joined the online ww. I still find it very confusing so if anyone wants to offer some help I am all ears!! :D How did you do it on your cruise? any help would be greatly appreciated TY

You are right across the river from me, I think. I live in Washington, MI.

I hope you are hanging in there with WW. There is a bit of a learning curve so don't be too hard on yourself. I think the most important thing to do you have already done - getting started! Now, I recommend that you track everything, and look up foods frequently. After awhile, you will find a pattern that works for you. Some staple food that work for me are: egg substitute, turkey bacon, light bread and chicken. With those items I can add lean protein and veggies to make a ton of meals. You can always e-mail me directly if there is anything I can do to help or answer questions. Good job for getting started!

You are right across the river from me, I think. I live in Washington, MI.

I hope you are hanging in there with WW. There is a bit of a learning curve so don't be too hard on yourself. I think the most important thing to do you have already done - getting started! Now, I recommend that you track everything, and look up foods frequently. After awhile, you will find a pattern that works for you. Some staple food that work for me are: egg substitute, turkey bacon, light bread and chicken. With those items I can add lean protein and veggies to make a ton of meals. You can always e-mail me directly if there is anything I can do to help or answer questions. Good job for getting started!

Hi; i am just outside of Windsor Ont. :p

So far the only thing i am having a problem with is trying to use up all my points and drink all that water! :rolleyes: Starting to wonder if i should have just waited until after the cruise. LOL I normally eat the ww mutigrain bread, bagels and the buns so not much of a change there. I am not a cheese eater either. My weightgain comes from not eating enough throughout the day i would normally just eat a little breakfast and then dinner with a coffee in the morning and that would be all my liquids for the day. I know not good!! But its a start :D Thanks,

A couple weeks ago, the WW meeting topic was called "BLT" and it stands for "bite, lick and taste". It was really about tracking every bite, lick and taste. This helps me a bit. I can be a bit of a picker, sometimes picking at fat free pringles but forgetting to count them. I try to keep cut up fruit ready for any "picking" needs.

Hope you keep up the struggle. When do you leave on your cruise?

Hi there! I too am with WW & just absolutely LOVE the Simple Start program, no need to track at all, albeit your food options aren't as many :) There are several gals in my meetings that do Simple Start Sunday through Thursday & track Friday and Saturday, gives them the freedom of the 7 extra points each day from the 49 weekly and they say the love it!

I think as with anything when you are cruising just eat everything in moderation & walk a couple more times around the ship. Oh, and I've heard that the food on the cruise lines is chalk full of sodium, so drinking a few more glasses of water each day should help too!

Good luck & if I can give you any tips/pointers, please don't hesitate to contact me :)

I am in WW too - love it! The great thing they teach you is that the cruise is just one week of your life. Go and enjoy yourself. No food is off limits - just moderation and strategies that really work. The last cruise I took we did active excursions (snorkeling and kayaking). I made sure to start every meal with a green salad or fresh fruit then had one small scoop of ice cream for dessert and never felt deprived.

Hi all just looking for a thread to jump in on. I just rejoined WW last Wednesday. I'm lifetime but always manage to fall back down the rabbit hole. My DIL got pregnant, I got "pregnant" with her, she gave birth to my beautiful granddaughter a year ago, and I've just kept getting more and more "pregnant!" I'm at an all time high....so far following the Simple Start has been fairly easy (except for one night at Madison Square Garden when I was starved and ended up eating an all beef hot dog with half the roll). I sure hope I lose something at weigh in Wednesday am. Cruising on NCL Breakaway in January. Looking so forward to it, but I do miss those older ships with a Promenade deck where you could actually do laps around the entire ship deck!

Hi all just looking for a thread to jump in on. I just rejoined WW last Wednesday. I'm lifetime but always manage to fall back down the rabbit hole. My DIL got pregnant, I got "pregnant" with her, she gave birth to my beautiful granddaughter a year ago, and I've just kept getting more and more "pregnant!" I'm at an all time high....so far following the Simple Start has been fairly easy (except for one night at Madison Square Garden when I was starved and ended up eating an all beef hot dog with half the roll). I sure hope I lose something at weigh in Wednesday am. Cruising on NCL Breakaway in January. Looking so forward to it, but I do miss those older ships with a Promenade deck where you could actually do laps around the entire ship deck!

Hi Robin, good for you for rejoining WW!! I've been a member on & off since '09 but have struggled with weight my entire life. I love doing the Simple Start Sunday through Thursday and then counting points Friday & Saturday. I like that I can "let loose" a bit on the weekend & that I can adjust my play days as I want (never more than 2 cheat days in a week, lol). Looking forward to my first cruise next April!!

I love doing the Simple Start Sunday through Thursday and then counting points Friday & Saturday. I like that I can "let loose" a bit on the weekend & that I can adjust my play days as I want (never more than 2 cheat days in a week, lol). Looking forward to my first cruise next April!!

This would probably confuse the heck out of me! So if you count points only the two days, do you use the 7 allowed extra points Monday through Thursday, or do you keep strictly to Simple Start then and blow all 49 on the weekend?

Weigh in tomorrow...I'll let you know, fingers crossed!

This would probably confuse the heck out of me! So if you count points only the two days, do you use the 7 allowed extra points Monday through Thursday, or do you keep strictly to Simple Start then and blow all 49 on the weekend?

Weigh in tomorrow...I'll let you know, fingers crossed!

If I do feel the need to indulge each day during the week (as is encouraged in our Simple Start book), I subtract the points value from the 49. My 2 "points days" I allow myself 33 each day 26 regular, 7 extra) and try hard NOT to go over that.

I weigh in tomorrow night, good luck to you tomorrow as well!!

Went for my first weigh in and I'm down 2.2 lbs. I'm happy! This leader is also a motivational speaker, and she is really good. Meeting all about finding new ways to move this week.....I'm going to drag out my weighted hula hoop!

Went for my first weigh in and I'm down 2.2 lbs. I'm happy! This leader is also a motivational speaker, and she is really good. Meeting all about finding new ways to move this week.....I'm going to drag out my weighted hula hoop!

Robin that is GREAT, good for you!! And the weighted hula hoop will be a lot of fun.......I have one too, maybe I should drag mine out as well :D

Heartkrazy, can we hula hoop from you in California to me on Long Island??? Lol.....good luck with your weigh in!

I think we can Robin, why not! LOL

Not a good week for me but I expected as much do to a "Bacon & Brewfest" we attended over the weekend. No worries though, not going to let a mere 3 pounds "weigh" heavy on my mind!! On to a new day & a better weigh-in next week!!

dear Heartkrazy,

I've had a couple of different ww leaders who did not recommend taking the 49 points and using 7 each day.. They felt the points should be used if you need them for a special occasion or just want to indulge in something decadent one day..The idea was to get used to making it work with the points you are given.

When cruising, you have so many salad, fruit and vegetable options that even if you indulge here and there, you can offset that with the extra walking and maybe a visit to the gym once or twice.

food tips....love turkey sausage..either breakfast kind or sweet italian, and I've always saved at least 10 points for dinner so I don't feel deprived....give me 2 cups of pasta ( even whole wheat) and I'm a happy girl

good luck!

dear Heartkrazy,

I've had a couple of different ww leaders who did not recommend taking the 49 points and using 7 each day.. They felt the points should be used if you need them for a special occasion or just want to indulge in something decadent one day..The idea was to get used to making it work with the points you are given.

When cruising, you have so many salad, fruit and vegetable options that even if you indulge here and there, you can offset that with the extra walking and maybe a visit to the gym once or twice.

food tips....love turkey sausage..either breakfast kind or sweet italian, and I've always saved at least 10 points for dinner so I don't feel deprived....give me 2 cups of pasta ( even whole wheat) and I'm a happy girl

good luck!

I think that is the beauty of the 49 points, you can use them as you feel you need them. Not every person can be regiment as another and it's nice to have the opportunity to "indulge" when the need arises. I think that this is the best WW program in years, feels more like real life.......at least for me.

And I'm with ya on the whole wheat pasta, anytime I can have some I'm a very happy girl! :D

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well. After having been on steroids recently it caused a bit of a plateau. I am proud to say I broke through the plateau today with a 1.5 pound eight loss. Everyone, keep up the good work!

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well. After having been on steroids recently it caused a bit of a plateau. I am proud to say I broke through the plateau today with a 1.5 pound eight loss. Everyone, keep up the good work!

Thats great Sue, keep it up!!

Regarding the 49 points, I think the less of them used in any way the better because it's less calories we consume. However, if I did not have a few points to play with one way or another daily that's when I'd crack and eat a slab of chocolate cake! So, better to have my three point WW Chocolate ice cream pop to look forward to in the evening! That 26 points daily is constricting and I almost like the Simple Start better although I daresay being able to chose what plan to use daily depending on your daily situation would make things a bit more convenient. I would think when we consume the 49 over the week would not make a difference unless we eat all 49 in one day.

It's also what a former leader said.....if you're at the 26 daily points and just crossed over to them from having 27 points, you're going to lose more than if you are close to goal....the more you have to lose the more successful you are going to be weekly. They discovered the 26 is the least you can have to be healthy, but those short women like me, when close to goal, should probably be allowed less. The end of things at my height are very difficult because it comes off so slowly.

I think a bacon and brewfest would do me in too. We just worked on a charity event this week, but lucky for me, the massive amounts of food offered included a cold seafood bar with lobster, shrimp, salmon etc. and there was tons of lovely fresh fruit and grilled veggies, so I did well with that.

Whether we gain or lose it's still good to have this online support and people to chat with, so everyone have a good weekend and behave!!!

Down another two pounds today. Total of 4.2 in two weeks....which is great for me, I'm a 5'2 overweight shrimp. I asked my leader if I could mix the week with Simply Filling and counting points and she said definitely as long as I didn't go over the 49 for the week of extra points. Tomorrow is DH's birthday and we are going to Fire Island to eat, so I may be tempted there...thank goodness for fresh seafood.....!

Down another two pounds today. Total of 4.2 in two weeks....which is great for me, I'm a 5'2 overweight shrimp. I asked my leader if I could mix the week with Simply Filling and counting points and she said definitely as long as I didn't go over the 49 for the week of extra points. Tomorrow is DH's birthday and we are going to Fire Island to eat, so I may be tempted there...thank goodness for fresh seafood.....!

Great job Robin!! I'm 5'0 so completely understand where you're coming from :D so glad that you are going to indulge a bit for your DH's bday, that's what real life is all about!! Everything in moderation!! Enjoy :)

Another shorty and new to WW here. I'm 4"11ish and have been doing WW (again) for just barely over 1 week. Lost 3.8 doing Simple Start (that's it right?) I too feel the SS program is restrictive as I'm married to a foodie and though he is extremely supportive and cooks to help me, it is more difficult. I don't use the extra pts yet except for today 2pts and yesterday 2pts. I try to stay at the 26 pts as best I can.

I had success with the Points program years ago and Points plus threw me off so I left WW. I'm going to try SS until next weigh-in on Mon and see how it works for me. When I followed the old Points program I almost always stayed within my range and not use the extra. I rarely used the activity points I earned. Figured it would help speed up my loss. If SS doesn't work, I'll switch to PPlus.

I love the advise of eating the salad first and then the entree (duh) but either it was mentioned here or I just thought of it--get my salad first, eat it and then go back for entree. I typically grab it all, then often eat the hot entree first. Fill up on salad first. What a concept!! Silly me.

Sorry for the long post. Great work on the losses and sticking with the program. Good for us!:D