Do you feel motion more at front or back of ship?

star10

I did a search on front of ship, and my computer freezes up. I'm sorry if this has been asked before!

Our rooms are at the way front of the ship on the Imagination, Empress level.

Will we feel the ship more up there?

I've always been in the center...

For ME>>>

Yes, much much more motion at the Front of the ship.

I have a hard time going to the main shows at the front, because it is there I can feel the ship moving the most.

We booked a guarantee on our first cruise.. on the Ecstacy - and were in Cabin M11 - I can never be that far up front again.

Catrin

Most decidedly the front of the ship.

On the Legend a couple of years ago we were the farthest forward stateroom, I forget which level but around yours. The pitching drove us crazy. Not seasick but the motion was really annoying.

But, that's what we got for booking a guarantee. Always a rool of the dice.

This May on the Liberty we had a cabin far aft on the Empress deck. LOVED that location and no motion.

Do you feel motion more at front or back of ship?

I'm the wrong person to ask. Last February on Valor, we were on Deck 10 (Panorama) Forward, in a Starboard Balcony Cabin. For the first day and a half, we were following a storm front out of Miami, and had the roughest seas that I had ever been in. (Spray from the bow cutting through the waves could be felt up on the Funnel Deck. :eek: ) Thing is, while some PAX were visibly suffering the effects, C-Mom and I never really noticed any difference and even slept like babies. To be honest, I had a tougher time getting my "land legs" back after we got home.

derf, maybe you should clone your passport as well. ;)

Well- DH and I pitched and rolled all the way to Hawaii last April on the Island Princess. I was sick as a dog. Maybe worse. :( I swear, I felt like I was raising up off the bed. We were 4 cabins from the very back of the ship. Normally this is where we prefer, it is somewhat quieter, less foot traffic.

Hope this is some help!

Tami

Here is a breakdown of my experiences:

Rhapsody 12/2001 Very last aft OV cabin no rocking, no noise, very long walk ( that I needed-too much food:rolleyes: )

Splendour 03/2004 Forward OV cabin very rocky, very loud neighbors coming in at all hour of the morning , great location.

Rhapsody 10/2004 Mid-Ship OV cabin No rocking, No noise, Great Location.

Mariner 10/2005 Mid-Ship Promenade Cabin No rocking, no noise, We loved this cabin & location on deck 8

Our next cruise is back on the Rhapsody 11/06 booked in a mid-ship OV cabin - Will let you know when we return.

Our first carnival cruise is booked on the Conquest 02/2007 in our first balcony! We booked a gty this time so I'll report back after this one also.

We have not had any problem with motion sickness on any of our cruise but we alwaus start our meclezine 25mg tabs a couple of days ahead of time and continue them a couple of days after we get back.

....Now I am really concerned!

I guess the big question is have you had problems with motion sickness in the past? If so, bring along the appropriate treatment, and all should be fine. If no, but you are still concerned.....bring along the appropriate treatment, hope that you don't have to use it, but even if you do, all will be fine. Give me Panorama Forward anytime.....as a matter of fact; we loved it so much that in the future, anything less will be tough to accept.

We had the 2nd cabin forward on upper deck on the Glory this year and I was really concerned, especially since I had read that there was more motion on the Glory. Took bonine every nite and ginger pills every morn and never got sick. Talked to several pax that did get sick. We noticed the motion but actually enjoyed it. My DH still remarks that he slept the best he ever has the week we were on the Glory. We were on the panorama deck next year and planning on taking meds again. There are absolutely no side effects and my thing is "why tempt being sick?" You can make yourself sick just worrying about it.

Give me Panorama Forward anytime.....as a matter of fact; we loved it so much that in the future, anything less will be tough to accept.

We are booked triumph - Panorama front in February and I can't wait. It's hard to tell if you are seasick with all of the alcohol we consume. :D

Baby don't feel a thing!

We are booked triumph - Panorama front in February and I can't wait. It's hard to tell if you are seasick with all of the alcohol we consume. :D

Baby don't feel a thing!

Mary,

It's like I said earlier in another thread, the more drankin' I do whilst in rough seas, the straighter I walk. ;) :D

Enjoy your cruise. :)

I am 5th cabin from the front on the Empress Deck on Imagination.

I'm just taking my Bonine with me... I do get sea sick, and only once on a cruise... it was our first and we were in a room with a porthole, way at the bottom... I took my Bonine, and then felt better.

I guess the big question is have you had problems with motion sickness in the past? If so, bring along the appropriate treatment, and all should be fine. If no, but you are still concerned.....bring along the appropriate treatment, hope that you don't have to use it, but even if you do, all will be fine. Give me Panorama Forward anytime.....as a matter of fact; we loved it so much that in the future, anything less will be tough to accept.

Okay, I'll take my Bonine every day, like I have in the past, and hope for the best! I am looking forward to Panorama, but then I freak when I read some of these posts! I've never had a problem being up at the pool or the buffet, so maybe I am worrying about nothing. Thanks.

Hmmm....we're booked on the Verandah deck on the Conquest and it seems to be one of the higher levels. How's the motion there? We were on the Upper deck on the Ecstasy and while there was motion, it wasn't enough to bother me or anyone else.

Can anyone make a comparison?

Hmmm....we're booked on the Verandah deck on the Conquest and it seems to be one of the higher levels. How's the motion there? We were on the Upper deck on the Ecstasy and while there was motion, it wasn't enough to bother me or anyone else.

Can anyone make a comparison?

It really depends where on Veranda your cabin is located.

Okay, I'll take my Bonine every day, like I have in the past, and hope for the best! I am looking forward to Panorama, but then I freak when I read some of these posts! I've never had a problem being up at the pool or the buffet, so maybe I am worrying about nothing. Thanks.

Now that sounds like a plan. Take your standard precautions and all should be fine, especialy if it has never bothered you in the past. Don't let others scare you off........some around here have a tendency to "over state" experiences that they have had. Don't sweat it, and just look forward to having a great cruise.

Caribbean Dad, our cabin is toward the front of the ship. They had told us it was in the middle, but when we looked at the layout of the ship online, it's actually toward the front (I forget the cabin number, lol).

On the Ecstasy we were toward the front also.

Archived