Boarding time on Silver Spirit in Athens

lenclan

We will be taking our first SS cruise this September : a 7 day trip from Athens to Venice.

I was wondering what is the earliest / most convenient time to board on departure day? Someone on this board mentioned that it can be as early as 12 pm or 2 pm?

It is scheduled to depart at 6 pm. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last year I boarded Spirit in Athens around 12 noon after a SS transfer from the Athens Airport. Had to wait about 30 minutes for Greek Immigration to stamp my passport for exit purposes. Usually never a problem boarding early if whatever country has cleared the ship just can't go to your cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did Athens to Venice last week - very enjoyable cruise; the highlight being the scenic early morning cruise through the Bay of Kotor into Kotor. We left our Athens hotel at midday and were on the ship enjoying a cocktail without any delay or interruption. Embarkation was the quickest and easiest we have ever experienced. We loved the ease of everything on Silver Spirit - embarkation, dining at all meals and at anytime; tenders.

Thank you everybody for your replies.

Would live to hear more feedback about that cruise from people who recently sailed - any recommendations with places to visit, shore excursions, etc will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you everybody for your replies.

Would live to hear more feedback about that cruise from people who recently sailed - any recommendations with places to visit, shore excursions, etc will be greatly appreciated.

We did Athens to Venice to Rome last May on the Wind and thoroughly enjoyed the ports and the ship. We boarded the Wind about noon after a short ride from our hotel. We're working on updating our web page with our post-cruise photos, etc., and haven't posted it yet but at least what we thought we were going to do is up and available. http://www.klugsplace.com