Pacific Aria We're Booked

Guest012

Yay for us ....happy to announce we have a booking on Pacific Aria's 18 night Polynesian Passage cruise departing August 2016, yes I know that's 2 years away but time flies soooooo fast ..... before we know it we will be on our way..........:p was told by the consultant at P&O, i booked direct and got a much better deal, that there may be a few changes made to this itinerary .... time will reveal all i suppose.

Looking forward to cruising back with P & O Australia it's been a couple of years and the fact that we have no airfares to buy...woohooo....not the biggest fans of the mega sized floating hotels it will be nice to be back onboard a smaller ship...

Have sent a request to Laura @ CCHQ to have Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden included in the roll call section... cruises are on sale so who knows maybe we can get some decent roll calls back up and running on here.... it's been a while since I have visited the P&O board, much quieter than in previous years.....not all of us want to use FB for everything;):D:D

It's a while away, but still puts you in the first year of sailings onboard.

I'm sure people will be interested to hear what it's like onboard.

I wonder whether P&O are planning to fit them out similarly e.g. with the activities on board that the existing Pacific ships have...?

Yay for us ....happy to announce we have a booking on Pacific Aria's 18 night Polynesian Passage cruise departing August 2016, yes I know that's 2 years away but time flies soooooo fast ..... before we know it we will be on our way..........:p was told by the consultant at P&O, i booked direct and got a much better deal, that there may be a few changes made to this itinerary .... time will reveal all i suppose.

Looking forward to cruising back with P & O Australia it's been a couple of years and the fact that we have no airfares to buy...woohooo....not the biggest fans of the mega sized floating hotels it will be nice to be back onboard a smaller ship...

Have sent a request to Laura @ CCHQ to have Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden included in the roll call section... cruises are on sale so who knows maybe we can get some decent roll calls back up and running on here.... it's been a while since I have visited the P&O board, much quieter than in previous years.....not all of us want to use FB for everything;):D:D

Please take good care of our Hal ships. We've had many great cruises on them.:)

Please take good care of our Hal ships. We've had many great cruises on them.:)

Hi Melodie

Pretty sure they will be well received into the local fleet, we like the smaller ships, not fussed with the megaliners so pretty sure we will love them, even though it's 2 yrs away we are looking forward to cruising on what is currently the Statendam......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What are the ports which excited you to book so far ahead?

I haven't looked at P&O Thread for years, but just read in the newspaper that P&O were going to Madang in 2015, so came looking.

• 2 weeks later...
I sailed on the Volendam last January. I also prefer smaller ships. Have just booked Eden for Sept 24th 16 NG & Solomons, and to follow Vanautu. $10 dep, and $250OBC one can't miss a good deal. Solo fares are very hard to snag. K

How did you book? I am going on this solo too on the Eden....I cant get a fare quote for solo.....All I see is they will offer share cabins for 2 to 4 bunks

which sounds like a train sleeper. iT THAT AN AUSTRILAN A THING??? SHARED ROOMS???

You got a $2500 ON BOARD CREDIT hOW

I like flying into Cairns from LAX way easier than to Sydney

How did you book? I am going on this solo too on the Eden....I cant get a fare quote for solo.....All I see is they will offer share cabins for 2 to 4 bunks

which sounds like a train sleeper. iT THAT AN AUSTRILAN A THING??? SHARED ROOMS???

that would be $250 OBC and as suggested in the other thread if you google australian TA's and they should be able to book you

I think on most ships there would be some four-berth cabins for families or groups of friends travelling together. They are set up with two floor-level beds and two beds that either fold down from the side walls or come down from the ceiling. No cruiseline offers 'shared rooms' where they put strangers together. Many years ago that happened, but it caused too many problems.:)

that would be $250 OBC and as suggested in the other thread if you google australian TA's and they should be able to book you

I would much rather book with a US agent as I have a relation and get a substantial discount through him as I have done a lot of serious cruises with them....

That's why I asked if you had to book through Aus.?

I would much rather book with a US agent as I have a relation and get a substantial discount through him as I have done a lot of serious cruises with them....

That's why I asked if you had to book through Aus.?

Yes, you need to book through Australia. US agents don't have access to the P&O AU booking system.

Yes, you need to book through Australia. US agents don't have access to the P&O AU booking system.

I have never used a OZ agent.....do they "deal" ? That is are they flexable of is it list price or the hiway... take it or leave it

I am also not a fan of 1.5% for cc, that in the USA is not legal to do....

Any comments? I am D Smith 66 at earthlink. net

Oh...how is Jan for school holidays or weather in the north ?

again thanks to all.......... Dan

I have never used a OZ agent.....do they "deal" ? That is are they flexable of is it list price or the hiway... take it or leave it

Different TAs may have slightly different prices for the same cruise, so it's not necessarily list price as per the cruiseline. However, they won't deal beyond the price/offer they advertise (assuming it's a site with current prices, and not something out of date - some TAs don't advertise current prices, but they're less likely to have deals as well, so I'd not worry about them in your situation. )

There are a couple that match other's offers, but I'd say it's not worth the trouble in your situation.

Oh...how is Jan for school holidays or weather in the north ?

Hot - and humid for weather. Probably like Florida in Summer. Hope you like the sun!

All through to the last week of Jan is school holidays. Longer P&O cruises probably won't have so many though, and there are limits on the number of children onboard, plus they have the usual kid's programs. The pool area will likely be busy!

A few of the online companies quote for solo sailing. The company I use, has a low deposit, but the full payment is due around 9 months prior to sailing. They do not charge a credit card surcharge either. I have booked three times with them. The solo supplement was 50% when I booked. usually it is 100%.

As suggested google Australian cruising, but remember we are somtimes called OZ. Last time I looked solo cabins were not in great supply, but the P & O australia website did still have solo cabins.

Hope this helps

K

A few of the online companies quote for solo sailing. The company I use, has a low deposit, but the full payment is due around 9 months prior to sailing. They do not charge a credit card surcharge either. I have booked three times with them. The solo supplement was 50% when I booked. usually it is 100%.

As suggested google Australian cruising, but remember we are somtimes called OZ. Last time I looked solo cabins were not in great supply, but the P & O australia website did still have solo cabins.

Hope this helps

K

I am switching to Princess as a Got a quote some $40 a day cheaper from them for a Jan 22, 2016 departure out of Brisbane that is 14 days rather than 10 and hits 2 more ports like Luganville after the "canal'. I am sailing solo on a WW 2 remembrance.

Getting a 14 day cruise almost $500 cheaper than a 10 day was something I cant ignore.. It will be on the sun princess...which has had problems but is scheduled in 2015 to get a major overhaul...so no worries

As gravy its only a $500 deposit no CC, Share and my agent here in the USA can do the deal... and reward me likewise.... AND DONT OWE till 60 days out from Jan 2016....

Again thanks for your help and info

I am switching to Princess as a Got a quote some $40 a day cheaper from them for a Jan 22, 2016 departure out of Brisbane that is 14 days rather than 10 and hits 2 more ports like Luganville after the "canal'. I am sailing solo on a WW 2 remembrance.

Getting a 14 day cruise almost $500 cheaper than a 10 day was something I cant ignore.. It will be on the sun princess...which has had problems but is scheduled in 2015 to get a major overhaul...so no worries

As gravy its only a $500 deposit no CC, Share and my agent here in the USA can do the deal... and reward me likewise.... AND DONT OWE till 60 days out from Jan 2016....

Again thanks for your help and info

The cruise you have booked is on the SEA not SUN princess. Sun Princess is cruising the Indian Ocean in January 46days from 8th Jan. K

Edited by kunnocat

The cruise you have booked is on the SEA not SUN princess. Sun Princess is cruising the Indian Ocean in January 46days from 8th Jan. K

Or Sea princess Sept 12th. Princess for this is more expensive than I have paid for B2B. Qualitity is better, but I want to find out what they do to Eden. I have sailed on Pacific Pearl, and was not impressed. K

Is not the ship it is the places it goes.

I would be happy on anything that floats as I can put up with about anything..

Be happy with a Kration and a sleeping bag under a shelter half if that was what was necessary.... Hot chow and a dry bed.... that's luxury

Is not the ship it is the places it goes.

I would be happy on anything that floats as I can put up with about anything..

Be happy with a Kration and a sleeping bag under a shelter half if that was what was necessary.... Hot chow and a dry bed.... that's luxury

I think you will find they are all going to the same ports. Have fun which ever ship you are on. K

• 2 weeks later...

i have just booked a stateroom for the Polynesian Passage departing August 2016 ... Nothing like planning ahead. I was going to do Cherry Blossoms in the May but fully booked so Polynesia here I come! I am from Cotton Tree/Maroochydore, Sunshine Coast - is there any one else from this area going on this cruise?:p:p

Because I booked before 30/4/2015 for a cruise departing after 1/11/2015 passengers receive a VIP package valued up to $700. A welcome pack with a bottle of wine, canapés, robe & slippers (limit of 2 per room), VIP Lanyard and a premium bathroom amenities pack. Also receive a voucher book with a free cruise photo, USB stick, Free bottle of wine when Di e at either Luna or the basalt Grill, discounted Internet (30 mins for $10), $20 cocktail voucher, $50 shore your voucher, free laundry for 4 items. Then there is the VIP treatment deal with VIP check-in and preferred room choice and more again, a $200 OBC for oceanview rooms and $400 for balcony, mini-suites or suites. Not bad at all.

Edited by Sea-Wheeler

Because I booked before 30/4/2015 for a cruise departing after 1/11/2015 passengers receive a VIP package valued up to $700. A welcome pack with a bottle of wine, canapés, robe & slippers (limit of 2 per room), VIP Lanyard and a premium bathroom amenities pack. Also receive a voucher book with a free cruise photo, USB stick, Free bottle of wine when Di e at either Luna or the basalt Grill, discounted Internet (30 mins for $10), $20 cocktail voucher, $50 shore your voucher, free laundry for 4 items. Then there is the VIP treatment deal with VIP check-in and preferred room choice and more again, a $200 OBC for oceanview rooms and $400 for balcony, mini-suites or suites. Not bad at all.Unquote

Mmm it wouldn't do the quote thing for me. Anyway, I also have booked way in advance for Eden Sept/Oct 2016. B2B. Just found out that I qualify for the VIP Package for both cruises. Plus I have received $250 OBC for each cruise. Should say I can't complain, as I am paying solo fares. But it definitely makes it sweet. $10 deposit helps as well. For me the reason I book so far in advance is that the supplement is 50% rather than 100%. and as soon as they are sold, it is unusual to get any more solo cabins. Very occasionally one can pick up a good deal, but they are few and far between or just at an inconvenient time. K