Freedom Questons

Ourr group of 8 is considering the Frredom for our annual winter cruise.

We have a few questions for past passengers.

- traditional dining times

-show times

- mini golf?

-when was it dry docked and does it look old?

Any additional info that you can share would also be appreciated!

She is a Great Ship, clean, large enough to get lost small enough to feel the coziness, good staff, all around one of our fave ships, we had a Jr Suite decent location near rear which I prefer overall give it a 8+ out of 10!

She is a Great Ship, clean, large enough to get lost small enough to feel the coziness, good staff, all around one of our fave ships, we had a Jr Suite decent location near rear which I prefer overall give it a 8+ out of 10!

Good to hear that the ship is in good condition for 13 yrs old!

We have been on many cruises and several rivers cruises..... and RCL is one e of our favorites. Was just concerned about her age- wear and tear and if the cabins were upgraded.

Do the cabinet a digital safes - vs having to use a card - and flat screen tvs?

Are bathrooms fairly decent?

Thank you for your info!

Do the cabinet a digital safes - vs having to use a card - and flat screen tvs?

Are bathrooms fairly decent?!

Safes have digital keypad and cabins have flat screen TVs, though few channels and ever less stuff to watch.

Depending on the definition of decent, probably yes.

Here are couple pictures of the Freedom mini golf course. Not the best or the newest golf course among ship board golf courses, but should keep your group entertained for awhile:

31669769644_ffd96cb162_h.jpg

32513371085_cd43518074_h.jpg

Few more random pics of the ship to include as I rummage through the photo album:

31189450554_1eb6ff8b48_k.jpg

32531301025_2f344a0786_h.jpg

32519809605_fdafef9eec_h.jpg

32103857326_8c0fe6a115_h.jpg

Here are couple pictures of the Freedom mini golf course. Not the best or the newest golf course among ship board golf courses, but should keep your group entertained for awhile:

31669769644_ffd96cb162_h.jpg

32513371085_cd43518074_h.jpg

Few more random pics of the ship to include as I rummage through the photo album:

31189450554_1eb6ff8b48_k.jpg

32531301025_2f344a0786_h.jpg

32519809605_fdafef9eec_h.jpg

32103857326_8c0fe6a115_h.jpg

Thank you so much for taking the time to post pictures. The mini golf will surely keep the group entertained and the ship looks good.

What year were the pictures taken?

Again- thank you!

We were on Freedom in April and will be on her again in November. We absolutely loved freedom! She was refurbished in late 2015 (I think) I cannot say one bad thing g about her. I do wish they would push back traditional dining from 5:30/8:00 to 6:00/8:30. We prefer early seating but that extra half hour would be nice,.

We sailed on Freedom in April 2015. I thought she had recently come out of drydock shortly before our cruise, but I may be mistaken. I didn't think she looked "old" at all. In fact, Freedom is my favorite ship I have sailed in Royal's fleet. We had an amazing time. Met lots of great people from our roll call. I know that's not about the ship.

There is plenty to do on Freedom. It's not as big as Oasis class, but we actually consider that an advantage. At least Freedom class can still get into smaller ports or tender ports like Grand Cayman. I would sail Freedom again in a heartbeat.

We sailed on Freedom in April 2015. I thought she had recently come out of drydock shortly before our cruise, but I may be mistaken. I didn't think she looked "old" at all. In fact, Freedom is my favorite ship I have sailed in Royal's fleet. We had an amazing time. Met lots of great people from our roll call. I know that's not about the ship.

There is plenty to do on Freedom. It's not as big as Oasis class, but we actually consider that an advantage. At least Freedom class can still get into smaller ports or tender ports like Grand Cayman. I would sail Freedom again in a heartbeat.

We agree 100% - We sailed on Freedom in April '16 out of Port Canaveral and when booking our next cruise even though Port Canaveral is 3 hours closer for us, we are heading to Fort Lauderdale to cruise FOS again next April ! - We like her that much !! :D

Thank you so much for taking the time to post pictures. The mini golf will surely keep the group entertained and the ship looks good.

What year were the pictures taken?

Again- thank you!

Hi,

You are welcome.

The pictures were from our December 2016 cruise. As matter of fact, if you have extra time to kill, click on my Freedom of the Seas trip report under my signature and if you look hard enough, you might find one or two more pictures in there somewhere about the ship that may be of interst...;p

Harry

We were on Freedom in April and will be on her again in November. We absolutely loved freedom! She was refurbished in late 2015 (I think) I cannot say one bad thing g about her. I do wish they would push back traditional dining from 5:30/8:00 to 6:00/8:30. We prefer early seating but that extra half hour would be nice,.

The early seating on Freedom is now 5:30? Is this a recent change? I made a reservation last month for next year and my cruise planner says 6:00.

The early seating on Freedom is now 5:30? Is this a recent change? I made a reservation last month for next year and my cruise planner says 6:00.

Freedom has 5:30pm early dining when in Port Canaveral, but it may have changed to 6pm when she left.

Freedom out of Ft Lauderdale dining was 5:30 in April and also on upcoming November sailing. I assume when it goes down to san Juan it will resume the same 6:00/8:30 schedule that adventure now has.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

For our December 2016 cruise on the Freedom, they started at early seating 5:30 and then switched to 6 pm for online booking a month's time (that lasted around a month or so) as they moved to FLL and then flipped back to 5:30 later on (I want to say November 2016 but don't hold me to the exact date).

It created fair amount of confusion on our roll call as to when we will be dining when they kept switching the time as we would have written confirmation on our cruise ticket that says one time slot and online time saying another, depending on when you access/printed your info.

When we sailed in mid December, the dining time was 5:30 and 8. They might have since switched to a later slot. Check someone's latest cruise report for cruise compass to see what is the dining time.

Another thing of note for the 5:30 dining is that Freedom is typically scheduled to leave Port Everglades very late at a 5:30 sailing time. So if you have 5:30 dining, that will pretty much mean you can't make it to sail away event on day 1 as you have a time conflict.

It may not be a big deal for people that have cruised many times before but if you are a newbie and sail away is important to you, plan according to either eat at specialty dining or WJ or do MTD.

For our December 2016 cruise on the Freedom, they started at early seating 5:30 and then switched to 6 pm for online booking a month's time (that lasted around a month or so) as they moved to FLL and then flipped back to 5:30 later on (I want to say November 2016 but don't hold me to the exact date).

It created fair amount of confusion on our roll call as to when we will be dining when they kept switching the time as we would have written confirmation on our cruise ticket that says one time slot and online time saying another, depending on when you access/printed your info.

When we sailed in mid December, the dining time was 5:30 and 8. They might have since switched to a later slot. Check someone's latest cruise report for cruise compass to see what is the dining time.

We're on Freedom in November 2017, and currently our late seating MDR dining time is showing as 8 p.m. (which is great, as far as I'm concerned--I don't want to eat dinner before 6 p.m., but I don't still want to be eating at 9:30 p.m.).

For Mediterranean MDR is at 9pm which I really like.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That makes complete sense given the later dining times in many Med area restaurants, especially Spain, where some restaurants don't even OPEN until 9PM.