Is Ask For A Quote always this bad?

Cruise Junky

I asked yesterday for a quote In Canadian, for an inside category 10 cabin and I specifically asked if the Nights on US OBC was combinable with the Oh Canada OBC sale.

What I got was a quote for a V2, in US$ with no comment on the OBC

Is this normal? is it not a service that should be relied on?

Why don't you contact a travel agent to help you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did. But I originally had some questions for Azamara direct. It appears that their request for quote is atrocious and they should probably know that.

You said you contacted a TA.. so your question will be answered by her, you shouldn't have to call the cruise line directly..that's want your TA is for.

"Because You Deserve The Best"

You said you contacted a TA.. so your question will be answered by her, you shouldn't have to call the cruise line directly..that's want your TA is for.

"Because You Deserve The Best"

My TA tried. But being a US based TA they wouldn't give her the information on if the Oh Canada sale OBC was combinable with the Nights on Us OBC. They said I had to go through a Canadian agent or do it myself so I attempted to get a quote.

Are you guys seriously defending such appalling service? I'm not new at this.

According to the e-news I just received, the answer to your question is yes:

v2_canada_150_text_1.pngand we're joining in on the festivities by adding some extra value to your next voyage. Book a select 2018 European voyage between July 1 and July 31, and you'll receive $150 in Onboard Credit per person to use towards specialty dining, a relaxing spa treatment or a Cruise Global, Connect LocalSMshore excursion. And that's in addition to ourV2_canada_150_text_2.pngbased on the length of your cruise. O Canada! It's time to plan your next immersive travel experience

We use a great TA based in Vancouver if you are interest PM me.

According to the e-news I just received, the answer to your question is yes:

v2_canada_150_text_1.pngand we're joining in on the festivities by adding some extra value to your next voyage. Book a select 2018 European voyage between July 1 and July 31, and you'll receive $150 in Onboard Credit per person to use towards specialty dining, a relaxing spa treatment or a Cruise Global, Connect LocalSMshore excursion. And that's in addition to ourV2_canada_150_text_2.pngbased on the length of your cruise. O Canada! It's time to plan your next immersive travel experience

We use a great TA based in Vancouver if you are interest PM me.[/quote

I'm good with mine thank you. But when I eventually did get an answer the OBC wasn't combinable. The free nights are but the OBC wasn't. No worries, I'm all set now it just seems that the request a quote option isn't great.

I wish that cruise lines, and I don't just mean Azamara, realized that their customer service prior to the cruise was just as important as their onboard service. Many people drop out before ever boarding the ship after experiences like this.

The simple answer is that we only ever give one OBC; as far as I know none of our company-issued OBC programs are ever combinable. (If I'm wrong about this, I'm sure someone will let me know.)

As for our "Ask for a Quote" function, I've not heard complaints about it before. Perhaps our Customer Service person who was manning that had a bad day? Regardless of the reason, it is unacceptable and I will forward this thread to the head of that department.

And on behalf of his department and all of us, I apologize for what one of you called 'appalling service'. It is not right, and is definitely not what we strive to provide.

The simple answer is that we only ever give one OBC; as far as I know none of our company-issued OBC programs are ever combinable. (If I'm wrong about this, I'm sure someone will let me know.)

As for our "Ask for a Quote" function, I've not heard complaints about it before. Perhaps our Customer Service person who was manning that had a bad day? Regardless of the reason, it is unacceptable and I will forward this thread to the head of that department.

And on behalf of his department and all of us, I apologize for what one of you called 'appalling service'. It is not right, and is definitely not what we strive to provide.

I did get a response about an hour ago for the quote in Canadian. That was from my response to them early Friday morning. They gave me the price that I can see on the website and asked where I was seeing anything about an "Oh Canada" sale as they had no information.

I did book, just not directly.

I hate to comment as I have NO issues with the OBC offers...BUT did experience the same less that proper response when trying to "Request a Quote" on the Azamara Web site....USA version.

I asked for a quote on a 10 day Owner's Suite.......gave the pertinent dates, past passenger # est....and NO RESPONSE! I DID complain on the Customer Service e mail contact...and received an e mail a few days later.....but for me.....I prefer being able to do everything online or by e mail...and do NOT understand why I need for someone to give me a "quote" when it could all be accessilble on the web site.

Just my two cents....and I DID finally book the cruise.....did NOT contact the person that was supposed to make my troubles all worth while....I just wanted a quote and to book the room/cabin that I had chosen. Again, I prefer being able to do everything online.

Maybe there are a lot of Azamara cruisers that do not work or are retired and have time to make these phone calls.....And although my hubby and I are WAY past retirement age, we DO still work and manage a large company....and do NOT need one more phone call to make in the course of our day.

Thanks for posting that CM. I found it odd that whether the quote was in US or the Cdn one there was no mention of the OBC credit attached to this current offer. If I were comparing quotes side by side with say Oceania on a similiar itinerary, those details matter.

I asked yesterday for a quote In Canadian, for an inside category 10 cabin and I specifically asked if the Nights on US OBC was combinable with the Oh Canada OBC sale.

What I got was a quote for a V2, in US$ with no comment on the OBC

Is this normal? is it not a service that should be relied on?

Why don't you just find a currency converter and then convert the USD to CAD to find out what you'd end up paying?

Why don't you just find a currency converter and then convert the USD to CAD to find out what you'd end up paying?

Did you even read the thread? I thought I'd provided a decent explanation of why I contacted them. And why doesn't even matter. There are obvious issues with the service.

Currency converters aren't accurate as lines rarely use crrent rate, they set their rate and change it periodically.

Thanks for posting that CM. I found it odd that whether the quote was in US or the Cdn one there was no mention of the OBC credit attached to this current offer. If I were comparing quotes side by side with say Oceania on a similiar itinerary, those details matter.

The OBC may not show up unless there's an offer code put in. I wish they'd change that but I've found it to be the case with the early booking OBC in particular