Seaside Aurea Grand suites 11003,11002,10003,10002,12003,12002 Etc

dmccadden

Hello all,

So we booked Aurea grand suite 11003 last November 2016 after being told it was two bedroom. At the time 11001 was available but I thought the larger balcony of the port side cabin would be better. As it now turns out the suite 11003 is only one bedroom and one bath not two.

MSC and my TA both confirmed multiple times that it was two bed 2 bath suite. I reached out to MSC and they offered nothing in the form of compensation or any additional perks for the mix up (their misinformation).

Seems like this has been a running issue for other after reading many posts. Has anyone been offered anything for finding themselves in the same position?

Just seems like MSC should do something, can't get Yacht Club they are all sold out for this sailing also. Already have air and hotels so I really don't want to cancel.

Any help or ideas would appreciated.

I think you may find that quite some time ago on the other threads re this issue that people were told that only the Centre ship GS were Two bedrooms/Bathrooms, many chose to ignore that info believing that their TA and MSC sales were right in what they were telling people.

I myself also made it clear that those working for MSC in the USA knew less than they were letting on that they did so having only been selling MSC cruises for a short time.

The info on the GS on the Websites was Generic for the GS as it is for all the other cabins, I doubt that MSC on past performance will offer anything compensation wise.

Methinks people should be looking for some legal advice at this stage concerning this matter.

You are 100% correct on this. If i arrive on the ship and there are not two bedrooms and two baths i will demand an compensantion or i will simply sue them. Only MSC USA are saying that just "some" cabins have this layout, and even that, only a couple months ago this was "informed" here, but all the other websites around the world have misleading information, especially MSC Italia an UK. The images shows a 2+2 configuration, if on the ship you don't receive this layout, this is "misleading advertisement". The company has the obligation to inform the consumer accordingly, and i am pretty sure that all laws in the world says that.

For the European fellows, in a quick search i found the Council Directive 84/450that protects the consumers for misleading advertisement.

"Article 2

For the purposes of this Directive:

[...]

2. 'misleading advertising' means any advertising which in any way, including its presentation, deceives or is likely to deceive the persons to whom it is addressed or whom it reaches and which, by reason of its deceptive nature, is likely to affect their economic behaviour or which, for those reasons, injures or is likely to injure a competitor;

Article 3

In determining whether advertising is misleading, account shall be taken of all its features, and in particular of any information it contains concerning:

(a) the characteristics of goods or services, such as their availability, nature, execution, composition, method and date of manufacture or provision, fitness for purpose, uses, quantity, specification, geographical or commercial origin or the results to be expected from their use, or the results and material features of tests or checks carried out on the goods or services;

[...]

Article 4

1. Member States shall ensure that adequate and effective means exist for the control of misleading advertising in the interests of consumers as well as competitors and the general public. Such means shall include legal provisions under which persons or organizations regarded under national law as having a legitimate interest in prohibiting misleading advertising may:

(a) take legal action against such advertising; and/or"

This is just a generic directive, but all countries must have laws in this regard. Were i live this is not just a civil illicit, but may also have criminal consequences if proven intent to cause economic harm to consumers.

MSC will just fall back on...

Size, layout and furniture may vary from that shown (within the same stateroom category).

or

*The image is representative only. Sizes are approximate. Stateroom sizes and configurations are subject to change.

If i arrive on the ship and there are not two bedrooms and two baths i will demand an compensantion or i will simply sue them.

You should know by now. Which stateroom did you book?

VJ ... AS far as I understand from one of the Senior Supervisors at MSC UK, they have not been selling all the GS suites as 2+2 and was shocked to hear that the USA had been doing so when I had a discussion with them about it a week ago.

MSC will just fall back on...

Size, layout and furniture may vary from that shown (within the same stateroom category).

or

*The image is representative only. Sizes are approximate. Stateroom sizes and configurations are subject to change.

You should know by now. Which stateroom did you book?

Yes, they can say that, but i think we all can agree that this is not acting in good faith with the customers. For me (and i can assume for almost everyone), when they say "layout" it's a bed/sofa location and so on, not a specific element of the product that they show (2+2).

It's almost like when you decide to buy a new car, you see the images, the specs and so on. You buy a 4 doors car and receive a 2 doors car because in the description was "specifications are approximate", You can imagine that the car was 1 inch smaller, could make 2-4% less gas mileage than the official specifications, but you could never imagine that the car (cabin) that you bought have 50% less doors (rooms and bathrooms) than they intend to convince the consumer.

Well, at least for me this situation is very clear, in a Court (in my country) they would loose badly. I know that not everyone thinks the same way, but can you imagine the passengers who bought this configuration (and don't participate in cruisecritic) and arrives on the ship and i'ts only a "regular" one room cabin? And if they are 2 adult couples who want some privacy and just bought this because it was more interesting than two cabins? This could ruin a cruise for sure.

We booked it the 10001 for December. It's a middle GS, but in MSC USA website this number does not shows as a 2+2, so i have no idea of what to expect. We already made the full payment, and now changing for 2 Aurea cabins would not be cost "friendly". In MSC Brazil (were i bought) this info doesn't existe either.

For me, the worst thing is that they did not inform the booked guests with these important info, if it was not because cruisecritic, this info would never be told.

VJ ... AS far as I understand from one of the Senior Supervisors at MSC UK, they have not been selling all the GS suites as 2+2 and was shocked to hear that the USA had been doing so when I had a discussion with them about it a week ago.

Well Sidari, the honest thing that they could do now it's call for all the booked guests, inform and arrange a compensation. If UK already now this, other coutries should contact the passengers who bought these cabins assuming the layout is what the image shows.

And let's be reasonable, why these marketing/advertising/sales guys shows that image and the blueprint if only 3 cabins in a 13 cabins category have that layout? If they have posted both blueprints (with one and two bedrooms) since the first day of sale - more than a year ago - they would not have any kind of problem.

I like to think positive, i hope they solve this situation in a fair way.

VJ ... While I agree with you regarding this issue I am fairly sure that MSC will no doubt revert to what "Two wheels only" has posted earlier.

The GS are Deck 9 to 14 so 5 in total.

I am not sure the Aurea experience already comes with free drinks and a spa perk, priority boarding etc. I guess some kind of on board credit.

I know that on the Divina the front suites have access to the yacht club maybe that would be an option.

All I know is the suite is the same price as a yacht club balcony cabin, It is almost the most expensive cabin on the ship so the benefit is supposed to be the two bed and baths that you get instead of the yacht club perks.

I have reached out to MSC corporate and will let you know what the end result is. I emailed Diego Aponte directly.

If more people reach out to him maybe we can effect change.

What type of compensation would you all see as fair?

Well, i think that a fair compensation would be;

1) For booked guests who are taveling in 4 adults = one extra balcony cabin in any category, but with Aurea Experience perks. With that, you give what you promised, 2 rooms, 2 baths and Aurea Perks for all 4.

2) For booked guests who are traveling in couple = onboard credit in the proportion of the cruise days. For a couple the lack of second room and a bath would not cause such a discomfort, but they should be compensated anyway.

I hope dmccadden can get an answer for this.

1) For booked guests who are taveling in 4 adults = one extra balcony cabin in any category, but with Aurea Experience perks. With that, you give what you promised, 2 rooms, 2 baths and Aurea Perks for all 4.

2) For booked guests who are traveling in couple = onboard credit in the proportion of the cruise days. For a couple the lack of second room and a bath would not cause such a discomfort, but they should be compensated anyway.

We originally booked 11003 for 2 couples because of the 2-bed/2-bath & the overall price for 4 people. When I finally had confirmation that it was indeed only 1-bed/1-bath w/pull-out couch we made the decision to cancel that room and booked 2 aurea balconies side-by-side which cost us more $$. I just noticed on my recent confirmation that there is an additional $50pp OBC listed and another VIP amenity. When I called MSC to question what the VIP was for the girl told me is was Sparkling Wine.

I don't know if these add-on's came from my TA or from MSC.

It better not be our compensation for altering our plans for their misleading information. We will just wait and see. Hopefully they will make things right for those of us that booked those rooms.

You have to wonder just how many people are now affected by this issue of those GS cabins, the UK site still shows the Generic description for the GS but for the 2+2.

• Double bed which can be converted into two single beds (on request)
  • A small number of cabins offer one double bed, two single beds and two bathrooms.
  • Air conditioning. Large wardrobe. Bathroom with bathtub. Interactive TV. Telephone. Wifi connection available (for a fee). Mini bar and safe
  • Surface approx. 58 sq.m. Suites with spacious balcony (21 sq.m.). Can comfortably accommodate up to 5 people.

I booked suite 11003 on the uk site when the description was 2 bed 2 bath suites. I am travelling with my husband and my 17 year old son. The cabin layout pics also show this configuration. I also called the uk booking line and they confirmed the cabin was 2 bed. I booked this as my 19 year old daughter may be joining us so I wanted an option to add her on and for them not to share a sofa bed. At the time most decks had grande suites left and they advised deck 11 had some of the largest suites. This was in March.

I then have read the posts showing it will be 1 bed only so called on Sunday on the uk line and the lady I spoke to said it was showing as 2/2 configuration. I asked for confirmation so she said she would send an email to the correct department and come back to me. Having heard nothing I called again this evening to be told they hadn't had a response. I advised that 10001 was showing available and asked as that was a central cabin was that 2 bed. I was told unlikely as this was showing as 35sqm and 11003 as 46sqm so more chance in 11003?

She said she would chase the correct depart,net for a response.

I am not happy at all as had I known it would be a standard cabin with sofa bed I would have booked the Yacht club. At the time I booked the yacht club was around £500 more, today's prices show it as £1600 more. The other concern I have is the balcony, the renderings are showing this as fully enclosed with a port hole? Do they not have outside balcony space

Yes I can confirm that I booked A GS 14003 on the Seaside only last week with an agent via the UK site. The image shows 2 beds and 2 baths, the agent even read this out to me during booking.

Now we are only a party of 2 but that's not the point. We like large suites, this room was actually more expensive than the YC suite so we chose the GS for the space. We are paying over $6,500 for a 14 night holiday, and if I am not in a 2 bed suite there will be merry hell to pay.

I've been following along and I've posted my thoughts on another thread even though I'm sailing on the Seaview and not the Seaside. I assumed the same issues would pertain to both ships. I am beginning to give more credibility to my friends here on cruise critic then my own travel agent who also happens to be my sister. Bless her heart. I keep bugging her over and over and every time she calls MSC (to pacify me) they tell her to tell me not to worry, that my cabin (9001) on the Seaview is definitely a two bedroom. They also told her that the bedroom has a partition that makes it into two bedrooms. Where is that information coming from. My sister said that she spoke to a supervisor after being put on hold for twenty minutes and that's what they told her. I can't fault her for what she is told but why is it so hard to get accurate information.

I am so frustrated and hope someone can maybe explain something I noted when I looked at the deck plans on cruisedeckplans.com. My paperwork from MSC confirms my booking for cabin 9001 and describes it as an SE3-Grand Suite. The description for this same cabin on cruisedeckplans.com described it as an SJ3 with a sofabed and a bunk.

What is the difference?

Yes I can confirm that I booked A GS 14003 on the Seaside only last week with an agent via the UK site. The image shows 2 beds and 2 baths, the agent even read this out to me during booking.

I didn't book a Grand Suite so as an outsider, here's my opinion...

I can understand a lack of information for a new class of ship. I can understand allowing people to book 2 years out (as I did). I can understand honest mistakes. I can understand that there isn't much that can be done as most (if not all) other staterooms are already booked.

What I refuse to understand is MSC continuing to knowingly allow people to book a GS and mislead those people who believe that it is 2br/2ba when (based on most recent info) it isn't.

At this point, it seems that MSC is just going to let people arrive onto the ship and become angry.

Nobody booking recently should be deceived but apparently, they are being deceived.

Funat ... S3 is an Aurea Suite, SJ3 is a Suite with whirlpool bath, I think CDP have made a mistake, though I seem to recall 9001 being the same colour code as an SJ3

suite and therefore not a GS.

This compensation/solution will not work for families requiring 2 bedrooms. I'm traveling with my pre-teen son and 16 year old daughter - they'll share the second bedroom in single beds - and my 16 year old step-son - who will sleep on the sofa bed. Moving 2-3 of the children to another balcony cabin isn't an option for us! Unless they are connecting, but still wouldn't be ideal.

I'm booked in 9001 for 1 cruise and I was told up and down, sideways, and backwards - that it is a 2/2. I'm booked on 13001 on another cruise and told the same - 2/2.

I was told (just a few days ago) that the 02 and 03 suites are very large 1 bedroom suites. Only some of the 01's in the center are 2/2.

What I saw on the website is that

Interesting and misleading if it's only a partition between the 2 bedrooms and not an actual separate bedroom. A partition is still part of 1 room. Not 2.

I've been following along and I've posted my thoughts on another thread even though I'm sailing on the Seaview and not the Seaside. I assumed the same issues would pertain to both ships. I am beginning to give more credibility to my friends here on cruise critic then my own travel agent who also happens to be my sister. Bless her heart. I keep bugging her over and over and every time she calls MSC (to pacify me) they tell her to tell me not to worry, that my cabin (9001) on the Seaview is definitely a two bedroom. They also told her that the bedroom has a partition that makes it into two bedrooms. Where is that information coming from. My sister said that she spoke to a supervisor after being put on hold for twenty minutes and that's what they told her. I can't fault her for what she is told but why is it so hard to get accurate information.

I am so frustrated and hope someone can maybe explain something I noted when I looked at the deck plans on cruisedeckplans.com. My paperwork from MSC confirms my booking for cabin 9001 and describes it as an SE3-Grand Suite. The description for this same cabin on cruisedeckplans.com described it as an SJ3 with a sofabed and a bunk.

What is the difference?