Question about Fire on Carnival Victory

Did you guys read the recent review from the member review portion of this website? They said that the Victory caught on fire and the electrician said it has happened before. Is the Victory not safe to go on?

I certainly hope so, because I'll be on her next month.... :confused:

It is not like a big part of the ship set on fire, just a tv.

This happened to us on a cruise once, our TV started sparking and smoking!! It filled our cabin with smoke and smelled up the entire hallway with a burning rubber smell, as soon as it did that I reached behind the TV quick to unplug it. We quickly called someone and they sent someone down right away and took away the TV, about an hour later they sent an electrician who checked out the outlet and installed a brand new TV. I can't imagine what would have happened if this would have happened when we were in bed and fell asleep with the TV on. It Probably would have set off the fire alarm and everyone would have been sent to the life boats :eek:

This happened to us on a cruise once, our TV started sparking and smoking!! It filled our cabin with smoke and smelled up the entire hallway with a burning rubber smell, as soon as it did that I reached behind the TV quick to unplug it. We quickly called someone and they sent someone down right away and took away the TV, about an hour later they sent an electrician who checked out the outlet and installed a brand new TV. I can't imagine what would have happened if this would have happened when we were in bed and fell asleep with the TV on. It Probably would have set off the fire alarm and everyone would have been sent to the life boats :eek:

When there is a fire in any area of the ship a notice on a computer gets sent to the bridge. Then someone comes and checks in and if it is bad enough then the emergency alarm goes off.

Perhaps KofC is "blowing smoke?":p

Dan

Check the review portion of this board for the Carnival Victory. It's in a review. A guys room caught on fire so he called 911 and security got mad because they said 911 was not for fires and the electrician said it happened before. Don't believe me check the review about it.

I certainly hope so, because I'll be on her next month.... :confused:

Until something official is announced, I'd ignore rumors. I've been on Victory 3/4 times over the years and, like all Carnival ships, it was spit-spot everywhere.

OMG! I'm going to cancel! Right now! I don't care if I'm within the penalty, I'm not going to get on a cruise ship and die from a TV fire!

Panic! Panic! Panic!

Or, maybe not. Maybe I'll just go on my cruise and not spend every waking moment worrying whether someone's tv will cause us to die, or if some smoker will toss their cig butt over their balcony railing and it will catch someone's towel or swimsuit on fire, or some drunk will stagger into me and I'll fall over the railing, or if we'll be highjacked by pirates, or if we'll hit an iceburg.

The Victory did not catch on fire, a TV inside the Victory smoldered and belched smoke, there is a difference.

I love the way you stated this..... it "belched smoke". And a polite ship would say excuse me as well!!!!!!

Perhaps KofC is "blowing smoke?"
Perhaps the 'news' was being spread by Those From Another Cruise Line?

There's a lot of deliberate Bad News about Carnival going around

now that market share has been slipping and sliding around. :D

I think people would be amazed

at the number of small fires on cruise ships that we don't hear about.

That's what I thought. :cool:

Not to mention the small fires on working stoves in the galley :D:D

Don't go on a plane...

Don't go on a train...

Don't go in a car...

Don't go in a bar..

SEND ME YOU'R TICKET!!!

I will email you from the ship and let you know if it is safe.

And never take a chance.

Your life is at risk every day ,so make sure you injoy every second.You never know what the next one holds.

OH and hi VABEACH . Good to see another Hampton chick on the boards.

Check the review portion of this board for the Carnival Victory. It's in a review. A guys room caught on fire so he called 911 and security got mad because they said 911 was not for fires and the electrician said it happened before. Don't believe me check the review about it.

The guy posted on this board also (Main Carnival board) complaining about his cruise. His post here said his TV was smoking, not that the Victory caught on fire.

There is a distinct difference....... :confused:

Archived