Alaska TourSaver 2012

kej1176

Can anyone tell me if they used any of the Alaska Tour Saver coupons this year and if so how was your experience.

Also wo during if anyone knows the website of the "Alaska Whale Watching" company that is offered in the book?

Thanks for any info :)

I bought one of the books, and have reservations for the whale watch. They did it all over the internet, responded quickly, and seemed good to me. We leave mid July, so I will post more when we get back.

Rcymmolly .... I would also like to hear about your whale watching tour when you return. I found the site for the tour book & there are a few coupons we would probably use.

Have a wonderful cruise! :)

We are still on our trip. Used a zip lining coupon in Ketchikan without problem. Made the reservation by phone, took the book when we arrived. They didn't seem to care if I didn't bring the book and just brought them the coupon but I followed the rules. Will be using another one tomorrow and then a flight seeing one Saturday. We saved almost 500 on just three coupons so it was well worth the money. But we also booked everything months ago.

• 2 weeks later...

We used 3 coupons in the TourSaver book and all went perfect. One I had to mail in ahead of time (Alaska Railroad) and for the others I brought the book along (as it said they were void if removed from the book).

I used 4 coupons last month. The only one I had a slight problem with was the ERA glacier helicopter in Juneau. They rescheduled our flight 3 times in one day because of weather issues. But even after the weather cleared up, we were rescheduled again. My guess is that priority is given to full paying customers.

Hi again! Whale watching was wonderful :) We went with the "Louis" coupon, not the one with "Cory" on it. (I don't have the book in front of me to tell you the name, lol) When you call, you will get "Alaska Galore". Apparently they have several captains that they use on a part time basis when they are busy. Our boat was owned/operated by "Terry". It held 6 of us comfortably inside, had a washroom on board, and an observation deck behind. There was also a flybridge on top that held 3-4. Terry had heard of a pod of Orcas that had been hanging around for couple of days, but appeared to be leaving the area. He took us out to where they were last seen first, and we were lucky enough to see 6-7 Orcas, including a "baby" (that is one BIG baby, lol). We then went to another area ans saw humpback whales, and then to a 3rd area and saw numerous bald eagles. On the way back, we went close up to a bouy and saw several seals. While I spent most of my time outside, there was crab dip, salmon dip, crackers, and donuts served inside. I realize it may be a hit or miss situation on who you get, but we had a great time (and saved money too!!)

We used it for the Bering Sea Fisherman's Tour. Almost every person on that excursion was doing a cruise sponsored one. We spent less than what one person paid (for two people). It wound up being the only coupon we used, and I wound up selling my used coupon book on Ebay for $50 so this really became a worth it excursion. Wonderful excursion btw.

We used it for the Bering Sea Fisherman's Tour. Almost every person on that excursion was doing a cruise sponsored one.

I don't see that tour on the list on their website. Do you remember what it was titled?

On the way back, we went close up to a bouy and saw several seals. QUOTE]

These were sea lions, not harbor seals. They have been hauling out there for over the 13 years I first saw them there (1999)

We (3 couples) just got back and used both the Toursaver and Northern Lights saving about $1,000 after factoring in the cost of the books. We used them for train to Seward, fjord cruise, zip line, whale watching in honah (best excursion), sealife center and tram. We had reservations for most in advance. Very worthwhile.

How does one get a Tour Savers's Book?

FYI - wish I would have known, but several are offered on Ebay. They list what coupons they used, so as long as you don't want any coupon that was previously used, you might get a great deal :)

Archived