Nov 2013 Promotion - full fare credit for future cruise

Harley0711

Last Nov. (2013) Princess offered your full fare as credit for a future (2014) cruise.. Wife and I did this and it was great on the 3 day get a way cruise... I think it was offered on the 3 day and 4 day.

https://book.princess.com/html/global/cruisedeals/100getaways/#.UwL3CHfTnIU

Here is my question...

Any rumors it will come back this coming fall??

did anyone take several Back to Backs ????

and if you did were you able to group all the back to backs together on ONE future cruise for 2014???

If they offer it again, I plan to do 6 or 7 Back to Backs out of LA - great way to just enjoy three weeks (port charges only) and use the credit towards another cruise in 2015 IF we can group them all together....

Thanks,,, Michael

Edited by Harley0711

I took advantage of this promotion 4 times (one was a back to back with a cabin change). Everything went very smoothly. I am now in the process of applying those credits to a b2b2b Alaskan cruise.

I know many who would like to see this promotion return in the fall. It was extremely popular with the passengers. When all is said and done, Princess will have to see how many took advantage with booking longer cruises. I sure hope their number crunchers come out with a favorable result.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Pam - add up back to backs and apply to a single cruise?
It's your credit. Haven't done it yet but I've applied credit from a BVE and an insurance credit to the same cruise so I don't see why not. The cruise fare credit is a credit on your Captain's Circle account and whatever credit you have on your account can be applied towards a cruise fare.

Could you book a suite, expensive, and have it all credited Sounds like a good way to try the luxury of something you might not usually spend the money on.

We did just that. Had a Penthouse suite for 5 days, followed by a Caribe balcony (couldn't get a suite) for the next 4 days. Total amount $1948 per person. All monies applied to our expensive Adriatic cruise in June.

It might happen. IMO, it depends on what percentage of those who booked the promo cruises were New to Princess.

That was the intent of the promo and, on our 5 day, there were a lot of new to Princess passengers. There were also a lot of past passengers.

Princess marketing has to know that there will be a host of past pax ready to pounce on another round of short promo tours that offer full future credit. Time will tell if they decide to go for another session or not.

Although I live in land locked Alberta Canada the wife and I needed a getaway so we took advantage of one of these cruises in Nov last year. I had a great chat with the Staff Captain on the Golden and he told me the short cruises were a trial by the company as Princess unlike her sister company Carnival had not really been a major player in that market in the past. He also told me that they were not going over all that well and wasn't sure they would be back this year. The promotion was needed to help fill up the ships. Saw first hand evidence of this because even with the promotion our ship sailed at less than half capacity. You could walk the corridors and whole sections of the ship were empty. I counted over 20 rooms in a row vacant on our deck. Time will tell I guess.

I took one of these out of Ft Lauderdale in January (2014) and it was GREAT! Ship was full of avid cruisers many on B2B.

My fare showed up as a FCC credit and was applied to my balance for an April (2014) Transatlantic. Very Easy.

Great Promotion and I'm sure it got avid cruisers on board but I'm not so sure about targeting new ones.

I took a shuttle to the port with other couples who knew about the promotion but also a few who didn't. A few couples were sailing RCCL for the same duration and weren't too happy when they found out about our promotion.

Became aware of the promotion through Cruise Critic and immediately booked 5 btb's on Ruby in Jan.

Total of $2350 (each) now being applied to a 27 day Sept. Japanese cruise, which we had already booked prior to seeing the promotion.

A no brainer.

Talking to people on the 5 cruises was amazed how many were not aware they would be getting the credit.

Hope they do it again, but if so I bet it will sell out immediately now that people are aware of the deal.

• 5 months later...
Whine, whine, whine... I want these out of SF!

(Here's where all of the totally land locked people beat me up...) :eek:

I agree, I am two hours from SF - I am hoping to b2b2b2b?? IF these come back, I will be on the phone to Princess to see how the B2B's work as far as credit to a 2015 cruise?

I agree, I am two hours from SF - I am hoping to b2b2b2b?? IF these come back, I will be on the phone to Princess to see how the B2B's work as far as credit to a 2015 cruise?

Not likely to ever happen. These cruises were offered out of LA on the west coast. Not a one of them was out of SF.

It might happen. IMO, it depends on what percentage of those who booked the promo cruises were New to Princess.

That was the intent of the promo and, on our 5 day, there were a lot of new to Princess passengers.

I don't think there was any intent -- other than desperation

to fill poorly selling cruises.

Edited by pablo222

I don't think there was any intent -- other than desperation

to fill poorly selling cruises.

I agree.

RCCL and Carnival have long had these short cruises, especially out of South Florida.

Princess was trying to break into an established market as a new player and was having difficulty.