Car rentals

Capri73

Showing the world my total ignorance here, but where is Chiccvicco? I've never been there, so clearly cannot help with the question but just fascinated (as a trivia buff) to know where it is.

I've never heard of it, wondered if OP means Civitavecchia ?

Assuming we are speaking of Civitavecchia, yes rented on a national holiday last May, when the only rental office open was Avis. It was a pretty hefty walk with baggage to left of port entrance and we utilised a local cab.

I believe Hertz and/or Europcar are situated closer. Could not fault Avis service on the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So sorry. I really killed the spelling. I did not check should have.The Pier in Italy where the Seaborne docks.

Also want a car with automatic. So far all we can find is standard.Hubby will not drive a stick. We want to go to Tuscany after the cruise so need a car.

Thanks and again sorry for the spelling.

Edited by Capri73

You may find the attached thread helpful

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1576931

Hertz not the cheapest but the most convenient for the port. Also more likely to have automatic models than some of the smaller/cheaper agencies. In many parts of Europe finding a rental car with auto transmission is about as difficult as finding one with stick shift in the US!

Despite some of the more positive postings on the above thread, I would advise a degree of caution driving in Italy - especially in cities. They can be absolutely maniacs on the road (and we spend a lot of time there and have many Italian friends there who will tell you the same!)

Also if you have US driving licence heed the advice you NEED an International Driving Permit. If stopped by the police they WILL require to see it and on the spot fines are the norm. Make sure you get a receipt!

Buon viaggio