When Problems Occur

nordski

On our recent cruise, we had the opportunity to observe how the staff onboard Journey would deal issues as they occurred. This is our assessment:

Problem 1/ In Windows Café, for the first few days, service seemed spotty. Besides lapses in table service, particularly on the outside deck, the "toast" masters(mistresses) seemed to be struggling with the process.

By the time of the interim cruise evaluation, those problems eased significantly and service quickly attained the level we have always experienced.

Problem 2/ My wife has dietary issues that, up to one dinner, were handled onboard better than on any prior cruise. At that particular meal, the situation became somewhat farcical. What then ensued was a remarkable effort to make amends, an effort that went far beyond the needs created by the original issue.

Problem 3/ This was the most important. On this 10 day cruise, it seemed we were on "Noro Rules" for at least 7 of those days. This lengthy period obviously created a lot of extra work for the servers. As a result, did their usual unfailing graciousness gradually disappear? Not at all. Nor was there any cancellation of special events. I simply can't imagine how they maintained their friendly demeanour.

Thus, in our view, each problem was met with a comprehensively acceptable response. This was our first cruise on Journey as opposed to Quest and we were very impressed indeed. (Best room stewards we have ever had.)

And congratulations to Larry P. and his Miami office for providing and maintaining such a wonderful on board staff.

We continue to love the Azamara experience and, like others, hope that the recent charters provide an opportunity to build this brand.

Hi Nordski,

As I always say, Azamara has many of the finest officers and crew at sea. Quite frankly, I'd expect nothing less than excellence from them - but it's always encouraging to hear of postive experiences from our members !

I'm glad that you had an enjoyable Journey sailing. Thanks for sharing your insights with us.

Hi Nordski,

As I always say, Azamara has many of the finest officers and crew at sea. Quite frankly, I'd expect nothing less than excellence from them - but it's always encouraging to hear of postive experiences from our members !

I'm glad that you had an enjoyable Journey sailing. Thanks for sharing your insights with us.

Host Andy

If I remember correctly, in an earlier thread you were certain that we would enjoy our cruise with Captain Johannes and Heike aboard the Journey.

Once again on this forum your insight was confirmed.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Host Andy

If I remember correctly, in an earlier thread you were certain that we would enjoy our cruise with Captain Johannes and Heike aboard the Journey.

Once again on this forum your insight was confirmed.

Thanks

Thank you Nordski. It's always great to hear when our members appreciate my insights and efforts. Glad that you had a wonderful time on Journey ! Aren't Captain Johannes and Hotel Director Heike the best ? :)