Reminder : Cruise Critic LIVE Chat with Larry Pimentel - Today at 3 PM Eastern Time

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick reminder, that we will be featuring a live chat with Larry Pimentel, President & CEO of Azamara Club Cruises, *today* at 3 pm Eastern time. Of course, work is totally nuts today, but I will try my very best to attend. Hope to see you there !

Please click on this link for details : http://live.cruisecritic.com/Event/Cruise_Critic_Live_Destinations_and_Larry_Pimentel?src=tocc

Would be great to hear any updates on possible future refurbishments to the ships, comments on the 2016 charters and the tweaked itineraries left for us, and perhaps introducing the new promotion starting.

Bonnie, could Larry possibly comment on those if we can't join the chat?

Thanks!

Andy,

I will be out of the house at that time. Will I be able to read the chat later on Cruise Critic?

Hi Geocruiser,

Yes, you should be able to. If not, I will be happy to provide a recap of what's said.

Would be great to hear any updates on possible future refurbishments to the ships, comments on the 2016 charters and the tweaked itineraries left for us, and perhaps introducing the new promotion starting.

Bonnie, could Larry possibly comment on those if we can't join the chat?

Thanks!

Hi JVNYC,

The questions Larry answers will depend on which questions come in live during the hour, so best if you can attend. That said, I'll call his attention to this thread.

Bonnie

Hi JVNYC,

The questions Larry answers will depend on which questions come in live during the hour, so best if you can attend. That said, I'll call his attention to this thread.

Bonnie

When I had dinner with Larry on Journey in June, I mentioned all the gloom-and-doom speculation in the thankfully-now-buried "What does the future hold for Azamara?" thread. He said he would go onto Cruise Critic to address that issue. I'm hoping that he will.

Thank you for the link. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to participate but I'm glad you've posted the conversation for us to read. I liked everything I read except the part about replacing the ceiling in the Sunset Bar. Why???!!! The laced canvas cloth is wonderful. It brings sailboats and sailing to mind. Very nautical and casual. I hope they don't venture too far away that when they replace them. Or better yet, I hope the ceiling refurbishment comes on "Azamara Time." As in we'll be waiting a year and a day for anything to change. ;)

11808638566_094a419ffd_z.jpg

Thank you for the link. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to participate but I'm glad you've posted the conversation for us to read. I liked everything I read except the part about replacing the ceiling in the Sunset Bar. Why???!!! The laced canvas cloth is wonderful. It brings sailboats and sailing to mind. Very nautical and casual. I hope they don't venture too far away that when they replace them. Or better yet, I hope the ceiling refurbishment comes on "Azamara Time." As in we'll be waiting a year and a day for anything to change. ;)

11808638566_094a419ffd_z.jpg

I agree, but I suspect the issue is having to take it down periodically to clean the fabric panels and the ceiling areas above it. Lots of work removing and rethreading the cords (lines?) that hold the fabric panels in place. Watched them doing it once and was glad it wasn't me. Edited by marinaro44

I hope you're right! That ceiling--and the identical one at the grill on the pool deck--they're both just perfect for a small ship without pretenses. And I'd like to think that this is what Azamara is. I can go elsewhere if I want glitz and puffery but that's not what I want. I hope they never tamper with the essential spirit of the Quest and Journey...ceiling and all. ;)

It was a fun hour of Q&A.

And thanks to Host Andy for posting the link for those who missed it. Here it is again:

http://live.cruisecritic.com/Event/Cruise_Critic_Live_Destinations_and_Larry_Pimentel?src=tocc

There were many questions we could not get to, but Cruise Critic will compile and send them to us. As soon as possible they'll be answered!

Thank you for the link so that I could catch up in the UK this morning. So pleased that Mr P took the time to chat, answer questions etc. Just like all his brilliant staff on the Quest and Journey - 1st class customer service.

Can't wait to be back on board Quest on 24 October.

Thanks again

Lynne :)