ekco please respond

skioncruises

Hi Jan

Want to pass on a piece of information which you might not be aware of but I would prefer to wait until you are on line. Will keep logging in.

Jan:)

Hi Jan

Sorry I missed you. I've been busy with the World Cup, garden and trying to get the most out of my month's subscription re. family history.:)

Jan

Hi Jan

Sorry I missed you. I've been busy with the World Cup, garden and trying to get the most out of my month's subscription re. family history. Jan

Hi Jan

Thought you had gone off on holiday.;)

Just wanted to alert you to the news we have had up here re the Games. Hopefully it doesn't affect you but there has been a scam uncovered and is being investigated by the Police at the moment regarding accommodation for the games. Don't know if it was on any of the English news but was reported on BBC Scotland News. Apparently some accommodation was advertised on Expedia.:eek: If you google Games Accommodation Scam Warning you will find information there.

Didn't want to put this info on a couple of days ago as was worried some of our viewers (over 100+) would start commenting and you wouldn't see this.

Thanks Jan. Just had a look, this is what happens when the hotels hike the prices. Our booking seems ok (or we might be sleeping in the car, lol), we are staying at Carstairs and thought it might be a good idea to get the train in. Good idea! train in at a good time, pretty cheap. Just one fly in the ointment, the last train back is at 9.30pm too early for us to get into central Glasgow and the next one is at 6.00am. They were supposed to be putting extra trains on and they might yet but it's too near the Games for us so we booked a park and ride for £5. Now, that's another story. Weeks of checking as to when we could book, it only came online last week. We are going up to Lochleven near Fort William for 3 days afterwards. Not long now. Goodness, it's all been hard work though.:):)

Jan

Thanks Jan. Just had a look, this is what happens when the hotels hike the prices. Our booking seems ok (or we might be sleeping in the car, lol), we are staying at Carstairs and thought it might be a good idea to get the train in. Good idea! train in at a good time, pretty cheap. Just one fly in the ointment, the last train back is at 9.30pm too early for us to get into central Glasgow and the next one is at 6.00am. They were supposed to be putting extra trains on and they might yet but it's too near the Games for us so we booked a park and ride for £5. Now, that's another story. Weeks of checking as to when we could book, it only came online last week. We are going up to Loch Leven near Fort William for 3 days afterwards. Not long now. Goodness, it's all been hard work though. Jan

Hi Jan

Thank goodness. I have been worrying you would be getting a bad impression of us before you had even stepped across the border. It seems to be affecting Glasgow so you are ok. I thought I heard something on tv yesterday about all the extra transport hours/shifts that were going to be worked but maybe it doesn't include the trains and I think it's a bit like planes - they stop at midnight except for overnight sleepers and, I think goods trains still run overnight.

You'll enjoy Loch Leven and Fort William area. The scenery is lovely on the west coast because of the amount of rain they get. Then the sun comes out and so do the midges.:eek: Take some midge protector or even Avon Skin so Soft dry oil body spray and cover yourself in it before you venture out. No good afterwards.:eek: I usually spray cotton wool pads and wipe from top to toe with them.

Enjoy, not long now.

Edited by skioncruises

Oh no! not midges, lol, I've already been mozzied in the garden.:eek: I meant to say Kinlochleven. Maybe I shouldn't put the England flags on the car though.:D;)

Jan

Edited by ekco

Oh no! not midges, lol, I've already been mozzied in the garden. I meant to say Kinlochleven. Maybe I shouldn't put the England flags on the car though. Jan

Hi Jan

Did wonder if you meant Kinlochleven. Remember to pronounce it with a 'frog' in your throat not KinlocKleven.;)

Don't bother with the flags. Your registration will give you away. Our vehicles start with S-. You'll fit in fine as a large percentage of boarding house operators are English. Once they cross the border they discover what they have been missing and move. I worked with two people in the 60/70s down south who always wanted to come to Scotland for a holiday but reckoned it was too far away. However due to work commitments they came north in the early 80s and are still here with Scottish speaking children.:eek::D

Thanks Jan. Ooh er! I didn't know about the number plates, lol. Jan

Hi Jan

It's only new vehicles registered here. We have the usual countrywide mix of registrations as well.;)

Got our etickets on Sunday night for Baltic Highlights on Spirit on 3 August. Six weeks before we go - that's service. Only booked two weeks ago after coming back from 4 weeks on Dream TA. Go off again at the beginning of November on Majesty for another two weeks. Don't think we'll put the cases away this time.:D

You're just showing off now.:D That's sounds ok about the registration, our little car is getting on a bit now. A little tip, put your e-tickets on a usb, flash drive or tablet, something that you can connect with a usb lead. We accidentally put our tickets in the bin on the last night when we were packing and by the time we realised the steward had been in and taken the rubbish away. Luckily we had them on the tablet and reception printed us new ones. It took a lot of effort though as they didn't seem computer savvy and had us running round in circles to an internet cafe to email them, which they didn't get. Then we found out they could just print them off at reception, which took about 2 minutes. Panic, panic, on the last morning.

Jan

Hi Jan

It's not so critical on this next cruise as we will be on the ship from Newcastle and back. We've had Sony ereaders for several years and put everything on them. That's DH's department and he puts it all on the SD card. As long as I have all the paper copies required, my books and music topped up I'm happy.:D

We sailed from the uk last year and really enjoyed not having to go through the airport. I hate flying, not that I'm nervous it's just that I hate the whole process and being treated like an undesirable alien. It doesn't get me in the holiday mood that's for sure, lol.:D:D

Jan