Weird question....

I am about 99.9% going to be going on a cruise with my parents. I am 30-years-old, married and have a child. I live out of state so this will be our time together... However, is it really strange for just myself going with my parents being this old and married??? Just curious and be honest...Thanks! :)

No, you see lots of multi-generation families on cruises. We wook our four kids, their spouse and our grandkids on a cruise

Thank you for your opinion...keep them coming... I just feel guilty leaving my family behind even though we live 12 hrs away so this would be our visit.... :)

Not unusual and I'd be prepared to bet you won't be the only one on the ship doing the same. I've seen it many times and my wife has done the opposite. She went on a cruise with my daughter and son in law while I was away on an operational tour with the military. Don't give this another moment of thought. Just go and enjoy your time together.

I am about 99.9% going to be going on a cruise with my parents. I am 30-years-old, married and have a child. I live out of state so this will be our time together... However, is it really strange for just myself going with my parents being this old and married??? Just curious and be honest...Thanks! :)

Not at all strange, and nice that you and your parents want to spend time together like that! I went to New York with my mom about 5 years ago, no hubby(we don't have kids). I was around 45 at the time.

After all, you were their daughter before being the wife and mom...:rolleyes:

I think it's sweet that you want to travel with them. My parents started cruising when we were young children. What I wouldn't give to be able to take a cruise with them now. They are both deceased and I am 58.

Enjoy and cherish the time spent with them on your upcoming cruise :)

Not unusual. I turn 50 in July and I am cruising this summer with my mom 74 and my partner he is 51 and my 3 boys 16,16, & 20. You will see a lot of multigenerational groups - especially during the summer and school holidays

Sharon

Go. I wish I had gone on a cruise with my parents. Now they're gone and it's not an option. Make some great memories while you can. I sort of took for granted that we would have many more vacations together, but after my mother died my Dad got remarried and his health declined and it was no longer an option.

So, seize the day.

My parents are in their 70's and I never travel without them! I think you will have a great time!

Sorry Sipsy, I was posting the same time you did....it was sad to read your post. I think we all have we wish we could of thoughts...

Thanks Gilligan. We did take them with us to Vegas and the Grand Canyon. And had been on some beach trips with them. I just thought after we had a great time with them in Vegas there would be other trips, but it wasn't to be.

Yes, I have been stalking the board! :) You guys are wonderful. Thank you all very much for the encouragement!! My husband said I should not feel guilty at all...Mama guilt...Him and our child can bond together.... You are all right...chance of a lifetime...These moments are precious! :) Notice the change in signature. I sent my parents an email to go ahead and book!

Hmmm...if I went on a cruise without my wife, I think she would change the locks while I was gone. :eek:

Just kidding - she would let me go, but if I took a week cruise that would translate to a two week vacation for her in Hawaii at the most expensive resort she could find :o.

Yes, I have been stalking the board! :) You guys are wonderful. Thank you all very much for the encouragement!! My husband said I should not feel guilty at all...Mama guilt...Him and our child can bond together.... You are all right...chance of a lifetime...These moments are precious! :) Notice the change in signature. I sent my parents an email to go ahead and book!

Good for you. I can only imagine how happy your parents are. Enjoy them and especially enjoy your upcoming cruise :)

You won't have any regrets, believe me! I hadn't ever vacationed with just my mom, until we did a Celebrity southern Caribbean cruise (too many years ago!). And yes, we left my DH and my Dad behind! Those memories will last me a lifetime! They are now in their 80s and I'm so glad for each trip that we've taken together.

Just a side note- you may want to surprise your parents with something on board, like dinner at Chops Grille (wonderful!). Enjoy your parents and your cruise with them! :)

Good for you!! (and your hubby)

Picture your child 30 years from now. Imagine that you haven't seen him/her for a while (let's assume for the sake of this post that it's a "she"), and not for an extended length of time. Wouldn't you want some quality time, just with your kid, without her having to split her attention with her significant other?

That's how your parents feel.

And besides, a little "Daddy - kiddie" time is a great thing, both for your kid and for your husband. He'll see (even if he's an involved dad) how hard it is to take care of a kid alone!

Archived