Crown Splash pool/aft hot tub

jbobst

I was looking at the deck plans on Princess.com today and noticed that they show the Crown Princess aft sports deck hot tub as a splash pool. And, it didn't show the splash pool in the kids area (under the big umbrella area on the port side). We were just on the Crown last October and the hot tub was still a hot tub. Did they change this recently?

Since the Emerald and Ruby are mostly identical, I looked at their deck plans too. None of them show the kiddie pool on the port side but the Emerald does show the hot tub still existing on the starboard side, but the Ruby shows the hot tub to be a splash pool like the Crown. Does that mean there are now two splash pools on the Ruby and Crown and no aft hot tub area? Here is a picture of what I mean:

Crown_zps1fe5c683.jpg

The red arrow should be the wading/splash pool, the main "splash pool" is the "Chill Out" pool, and the blue arrow should be hot tub.

I was looking at the deck plans on Princess.com today and noticed that they show the Crown Princess aft sports deck hot tub as a splash pool. And, it didn't show the splash pool in the kids area (under the big umbrella area on the port side). We were just on the Crown last October and the hot tub was still a hot tub. Did they change this recently?

Since the Emerald and Ruby are mostly identical, I looked at their deck plans too. None of them show the kiddie pool on the port side but the Emerald does show the hot tub still existing on the starboard side, but the Ruby shows the hot tub to be a splash pool like the Crown. Does that mean there are now two splash pools on the Ruby and Crown and no aft hot tub area? Here is a picture of what I mean:

Crown_zps1fe5c683.jpg

The red arrow should be the wading/splash pool, the main "splash pool" is the "Chill Out" pool, and the blue arrow should be hot tub.

Either way, at that location it is intended to only be used by those in the kids clubs.

Yes youth center only.

Since when is the aft hot tub area on a grand class ship kids only area??? 6 months ago the only water area that was kids only was the wading pool on the port side. Even the little pool in the middle is all ages.

Every princess ship I've been on had very popular aft hot tubs full of adults.

Since when is the aft hot tub area on a grand class ship kids only area??? 6 months ago the only water area that was kids only was the wading pool on the port side. Even the little pool in the middle is all ages.

Not every ship is exactly the same. There are probably hot tubs somewhere, but the ones you reference are in the Youth Center complex and accessible from there.

shredie, carbill and colo cruiser - With all due respect, I think you are missing my point. I am not trying to pretend that I am some expert, but like many people here on cruise critic, I am just a little obsessed with cruise ships. One of the things I am obsessed about is the differences between the various ships and specifically the pool/hot tub areas. I was just on the Crown last October and spent time in the "Chill out" pool and the hot tub right next to it on the starboard side of the ship. I can guarantee you that in October, both the hot tub and round pool next to it are NOT kids only areas. Yes, they are very close to the kids area, and there is/was a small, 6 inch deep kiddie pool on the port side of that area that is not shown on the deck plan. But that kiddie pool is inside the youth area and there is a small fence/gate as the boundary between the kids area and the public deck. I can assure you the center pool (Chill out) and hot tub were not in the kids only area. I realize that things could have changed since last October, and that is the point of my original post, but given the popularity of the aft hot tubs on grand class ships (heck, any cruise ship), I am pretty sure it would have been big news if they closed that hot tub and made it a splash pool...especially since there is already a splash pool a few feet away from that hot tub.

I know this is a silly thing to argue about, but to say "there are probably hot tubs somewhere..." and that "not every ship is exactly the same" is a little strange to say. Obviously there are differences between the ships, but I would say I am pretty aware of most of those differences as far as the Princess Grand class ships are concerned (I am not very knowledgeable about the Coral and Island or about the Royal and Regal).

The Grand, Golden and the Star (the first three Grand class ships) had two larger hot tubs in this area on the sports deck. The Star even had a small pool between the hot tubs. They continued this design on the Sapphire, Diamond and Caribbean. The Crown, Ruby, and Emerald went with a one hot tub design and left the other side for a small wading pool in the kids area. (since the initial designs, some things have changed like the Diamond Princess splash pool and the Golden and Caribbean turning one of the hot tubs into a splash pool...according to the current deck plans).

I know there must be some cruise critic members recently on Crown (or Ruby) that can clear up the posted deck plans vs. what is actually there. I find it hard to believe that Princess deck plans aren't accurate, so maybe they've made some changes on the aft sports deck since last October. I'll be on the Crown in less than two weeks and will soon find out for myself I suppose. But if their deck plans for the Crown and Ruby are accurate, it really makes no sense that they would have two splash pools right next to each other and remove the one and only aft hot tub.

6330984320_867011f7be.jpg

6330983972_38a7f46cb5.jpg

The first picture is the "Splash Pool." The second picture is the "Jacuzzi." I took these pictures on the Ruby which is a Crown Class ship. I was looking at an aft view of the Crown and the Jacuzzi is above the right side of Adagios while the Splash pool is over the center portion of Adagios....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

The first picture is the "Splash Pool." The second picture is the "Jacuzzi." I took these pictures on the Ruby which is a Crown Class ship. I was looking at an aft view of the Crown and the Jacuzzi is above the right side of Adagios while the Splash pool is over the center portion of Adagios....:):):)

Bob

Bob, this is exactly my point. Your pictures do not match up with the current deck plans on Princess.com. Instead of the Jacuzzi, they show it as a splash pool. They show this on the deck plans for the Ruby and Crown. The Emerald deck plan still shows the hot tub/jacuzzi where it should be. The Crown and Ruby should be identical to the Emerald in this area of the ship. The deck plans must be wrong on the Princess site.

Edited by jbobst

Bob, this is exactly my point. Your pictures do not match up with the current deck plans on Princess.com. Instead of the Jacuzzi, they show it as a splash pool. They show this on the deck plans for the Ruby and Crown. The Emerald deck plan still shows the hot tub/jacuzzi where it should be. The Crown and Ruby should be identical to the Emerald in this area of the ship. The deck plans must be wrong on the Princess site.

The Princess website renderings of a number of "ship related things" are quite a bit off from what actually exists.....

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

When I was on Crown over New Years, I noted a sign on that particular hot tub saying it was for teens only. However, I never saw any teens in it and it was generally full of adults. I also noted a sign on that chill out pool saying it was for adults with their children. I think i never saw that pool used at all.

Edited by cvpends

You are correct about the aft setup. I was on the Crown Princess several times this month and I have the following pictures from a night time walk.

This would not be the first time that I have found Princess Deck Plans to be wrong!

Port side is the Kiddie Pool, Center is the Splash Pool, and Starboard is the Hot Tub. Unfortunately there was a sign at the hot tub that said it was reserved for the teen program only! (There were 100 Teens - Remix, 75 Middle Kids - Shockwaves, and 64 Little Kids - Pelicans, on the Cruise on the 6th.)

I am not sure if they added that sign just for this cruise, or if it is that way always now?

Not the best of pictures as it was night, but at least it should confirm things for you on the Crown.

Happy Cruising!

Mark

1391140183_P1070552resized.jpg.46782710e609a7caebc9034b61021fb3.jpg

715213685_P1070559resized.jpg.05f0f5278d9cb04311abd44caea2eaf4.jpg

1006996668_P1070561resized.jpg.9355d1426ef0009febde09aee59b2e59.jpg

2117371844_P1070564resized.jpg.69bf4292a8b5843d642f9d4781a443bb.jpg

Edited by cruisehappy001

There were 14 teens (13-17) on the jan26-30 cruise this week (I didn't note the counts for ages 8-12, but it was less than 30; no idea for the 3-7y group). The hottub on starboard side (definitely not a splash pool) was not labeled for teens only and was rarely in use at all; the splash pool was used by teens on kiddie-area ride-on cars once late at night and that's pretty much all I know about that.

The deck plan shown in post #1 of this thread is definitely incorrect.