best beach place for family to eat and play

If you stay in Progreso everything is walkable. My favorite restaurant is le Saint Bonnet on the Malecon (beachside street). Great whole deep fried snapper. Keep reading this board and checkout http://www.yucatantoday.com for more information. I'll be heading back to Merida. Love it there.

Lots of choices for your day.

Any recomendations on a beach place where the kids can play around that has food and drinks?

Is Progresso a town you walk around or do you need to catch cabs? Thanks

You will catch a "shuttle" bus that will drop you right at the tourist market. The pier at Progresso is extremely long, so they have the free shuttle bus. Across the street from that will be the stop for the tourist bus. From here, you will be able to walk a few blocks to the beach. You will find lots of places right there at the beach to eat and drink at. You should not need a cab, but you may want to do the tour bus.($3pp, I think) When we got off the ship at Progresso they had Folklorico Dancers performing that was cool. There was also a boat of Federales their, don't let it scare you, but when I first saw I kinda flinched. When we were getting back on the ship, they were posing for pictures and stuff too. Hope that helps!

Archived