De-wrinkling methods

izzypooch

Getting ready to sail and as always packing is my major proble. Don't want to take too much and don't want to take too little and hope everything gets there without too many wrinkles. So how exactly do you guys de-wrinkle clothes. Spray? Bathroom steam? And if steam, how exactly do I do it?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I subscribe to the Vodka method. One squirt of vodka in the mouth, one squirt on the clothes, two squirts of vodka in the mouth, one squirt on the clothes....after a while, the wrinkles at least seem to disappear!

Getting ready to sail and as always packing is my major proble. Don't want to take too much and don't want to take too little and hope everything gets there without too many wrinkles. So how exactly do you guys de-wrinkle clothes. Spray? Bathroom steam? And if steam, how exactly do I do it?

We have a friend who always carries a small portable steamer in the original box so that the folks know it is not an iron. It works great.

I have never found the "roll" thing to work so don't use it. I take Downy Wrinkle Release with me. Just hang my hubby's shirts, my dresses or whatever else, and spray them with Downy Release and they are fine. I know people swear by the roll method, but I just have never found it to work any better than just folding my stuff the normal way.

I also try to put my dresses and tops at the top of the suitcase and have found they get less wrinkled that way. I always take way more than I need which is why I fly SW whenever possible. I like choices, so when I can get 4 packed checked and 2 carry-ons for free, I pack what I want. If I can only check 2 bags on another airline, then I cut back and make it work.

Edited by karena1

Iron before you pack...hang "hangable" clothing...and then stop worrying about it. Your tee shirt is fine. So are your shorts, and pants! No one cares!

Iron? What's an iron? Wrinkle release, damp facecloth, and if all else fails for really stubborn creases (like new shirts), dampen the wrinkle and hit it with the hairdryer - perfect.

We do the steam-in-the-bathroom thing... it works well at home, too! I'm not a fan of ironing. ;) I do find a more-wrinkled item works best if I dab a teeny bit of water on the wrinkled parts and stretch it out a bit as it's in the steaming process. Obviously best to do this more than a few minutes before needing to wear... :)

Pack dressy things in dry cleaner bags - that way things can move without wrinkling. Most dry cleaners will give you a few bags if you ask nicely, or maybe they will charge you $1 for a bunch of them.

I use the dry cleaner bags too. Have never had a problem with wrinkles.

I only do this with my husbands clothes - but it works great... Lay everything on top of one another (on the bed) biggest on the bottom (like his suit), smallest shirt (whatever) on the top. Then lay socks, underwear (other things the don't wrinkle) on top again.. Then kind of fold the sleeves in, and make one big fold of the whole pile around the socks, etc. In theory, you are "creasing" nothing. I've had great luck with that. I leave cheap hangers on too - makes unpacking one swift step and you're done.... well for him at least :)