Recent 12 day Solstice cruisers - laundry ?

StartrainDD

Due to air restrictions, we have one checked bag and one carry on each for our 15 day trip. We know we will need some laundering done on board. We are "Classic" members so no Elite benefits for us. Were there ever any deals offered on laundry by the bag or ??? during your recent cruise?

Thank you in advance for your response.

We got off the Solstice 2 weeks ago after a 12 night Med. cruise and there were no deals offered for laundry. They were very timely on returning the items to us even though it was after the cut off time for next day delivery and they did a great job.

Have fun!

i too am a Classic CC member. I had some coupons in my stateroom for various things on board. One was a 10% off laundry bag. I was on a 10 cruise and used the laundry twice. I love the service and it does cut down on bringing so much clothes.

Due to air restrictions, we have one checked bag and one carry on each for our 15 day trip. We know we will need some laundering done on board. We are "Classic" members so no Elite benefits for us. Were there ever any deals offered on laundry by the bag or ??? during your recent cruise?

On my 8-29-11 Equinox cruise, there was a special on the last sea day (9-7-11). They were offering to launder the contents of one of their laundry bags for $35.95. The bag wasn't huge, but I was able to stuff in everything that we wanted/needed cleaned, so it worked for us.

Reviewing my Celebrity Today for this, the ad claims that the regular value for this is $129.95 -- it was definitely worth $35.95 and to my mind definitely not worth $129.95. Even if they'd charged per piece for what I fit into the laundry bag I don't think it would have come close to costing $129.95.

We are elite flyers yet we only pack a roll-on & tote for 16 days. We sent out polo shirts,dress shirts for laundry & I had slacks pressed. Prices were no more than @ home- though at home I would have wasked the polos shirts myself. Prices are listed on X website. Also there will be coupons (all levels) on the desk on your 1st day .

Suggestion- Magellans sells inflatable hangers-great if you just need to rinse out something. Take a stretch clothes line-the kind that is twisted so that clothespines are not required. Hand wash the underwear & socks. Use can buy packs of Tide or Woolite or use the shampoo in your cabin-really works and leaves a mild scent.

Have a geart trip

Carole

Archived