Current charges for Spa deck/thalassotherapy pool?

mara01

I didn't know anything about this. Can anyone give me more information? We aren't in a suite we are in a V1, so do we qualify for complimentary access?

Do you have to book for the whole trip or can you just buy on a day by day basis?

Any info and pictures will help!

Thanks

I didn't know anything about this. Can anyone give me more information? We aren't in a suite we are in a V1, so do we qualify for complimentary access?

Do you have to book for the whole trip or can you just buy on a day by day basis?

Thanks

You pay by the day - per use. One person can use and the other not.

What is a V1? I don't pay attention to the category letter designations.

If it is CC class, you have complimentary access.

25 a day pp

Concierge Class and up have complimentary access

IMO Generally not worth booking CC class to get this benefit.

If your cruise is port intensive or weather is bad your opportunities to use are limited.

There is no concierge class on Azamara

The pool deck is free to suite guests, all others have to pay, it was $199 for a couple as far as I could recall the sign for a two week trip, however, they add an 18% service charge as well

Thanks

If you aren't in a suite then it's $20 for a day, but free before and after a treatment if you have one. For a pass I paid $116 for a 10 night cruise, the same for a 14 night cruise and $206 for a couple's pass (ie $103 pp) on a 12 night cruise. I never have been able to work it out. The 14 night cruise was to Norway so perhaps they discounted it a bit because of the probable weather.

Phil

Access to the Thalassotherapy deck is limited to the following:

Suite Guests.

Guests who have paid for access.

For Guests wishing to pay for access to the Thalassotherapy deck, pricing is as follows:

$99 per person, for the entire cruise, on cruises of 7 days or longer.

$175 per couple, for the entire cruise, on cruises of 7 days or longer.

$20 per person, per day.

For cruises of less than 7 days, the Spa Manager and Hotel Director will create a pricing schedule appropriate to the length of the cruise and itinerary.

On my first Azamara cruise I signed up before boarding. Was I shocked when I went to use it. It is tiny, way forward, and nothing like the pools on Celebrity. Basically all you can do is sit on metal rods. The water action pushes you into the sides of the pool. Not very comfortable. Also, being forward, it is extremely windy while the ship is sailing. It was such a disappointment. I asked for my money back. If you are considering it, see it before you plunk down your money. The regular hot tubs on the pool deck are more relaxing. Try them before you try the t pool.

some peopel like to sit forward to read and relax.. even in a suite i tend to go to deck 11 more. due to wind i really am there is ship is moving. love it for sail away and when in the canal. no crowds.

Edited by ellbon

some peopel like to sit forward to read and relax.. even in a suite i tend to go to deck 11 more. due to wind i really am there is ship is moving. love it for sail away and when in the canal. no crowds.

We were in a suite on our last cruise and used the spa deck quite a lot as it was quieter and the views were great, especially sailing into Kotor. Next time we are in a balcony cabin and we thought we would pay to use it again as we have some OBC, hence our question about the cost. We will have 3 or 4 sea days when it would be nice to relax there, if the weather is good and there is space available.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The spa therapy pool area is small and forward. It is often very windy. The pool is tiny. I bought the spa pass in advance for my first cruise on the Journey in 2009 thinking that it would be something like the original spa pools on early Celebrity ships like Horizon and Zenith. I was very disappointed. Save your money. The main pool deck is very nice. Hot tubs, 2 pools, and lots of very comfortable lounges, sun area or shade area, open bar, and pool deck grill, and no wind. If you still want to use it, check it out before you pay for an entire cruise.

We were in a suite on our last cruise and used the spa deck quite a lot as it was quieter and the views were great, especially sailing into Kotor. Next time we are in a balcony cabin and we thought we would pay to use it again as we have some OBC, hence our question about the cost. We will have 3 or 4 sea days when it would be nice to relax there, if the weather is good and there is space available.
Glad you enjoyed the spa deck. We love it for sea days as a quiet place to relax and enjoy the outdoor air without crowds and chair hogs.

The glass partitions block the wind so that's no issue and the lounge chairs are very comfortable. The jetted tub is much more comfortable than the hot tubs by the pool but it does not have all the features of a Celebrity thalassotherapy pool, something we really don't need or miss.