Guatemala---- NO AGAIN!!!!!!!

Redtravel

I looked everywhere on Azamara website to request luggage tags. I could not find it. I went through the online checkin. Nothing there either. I called Azamara to request luggage tags. After a lengthy wait, I spoke to Lauren with NO LAST NAME in Guatemala. She said that I had to call back until I reached somebody who could manually handle my request. I suggested that she write my request down and give it to the documents people who issue the luggage tags. She told me that she could not do that. Was that too much to request? Crazy??? She suggested that I wait a few days and call again. She said that she did not have anyway to manually handle my request. Maybe, Azamara should supply their reps in Guatemala paper and pencils. On previous cruises, when I requested luggage tags, the rep had them sent to me....and also graciously asked if there was anything else that I wanted...and thanked me again for sailing with Azamara. Those days are gone...and I miss them.

Could it be that you were asking too far in advance for your luggage tags? I had to call to request ours and the rep told me I'd need to call back at about 35 days before the sailing, that there was no way to request them any earlier. Also, when the tags are ready there's an automatic notation that pops up on your on-line reservation documents.

Redtravel, I think you have said you were cruising in August? If so then Deirdre is correct. You are too early. The link will appear sometime after your cruise documents are issued. I've never had a problem with them becoming available if that's a comfort. Don't phone Guatemala. It only leads to disappointment. You can get them at the pier if all else fails.

Phil

Redtravel, I think you have said you were cruising in August? If so then Deirdre is correct. You are too early. The link will appear sometime after your cruise documents are issued. I've never had a problem with them becoming available if that's a comfort. Don't phone Guatemala. It only leads to disappointment. You can get them at the pier if all else fails.

Phil

It's no trouble getting the tags at the pier. It's funny but the luggage tag issue is one thing that consistently gets people all anxious and there's really no need. We've arrived without tags before. It's no biggie.

All are all right, it's no stress, the luggage tags pop up for ordering. Even, if, you are lucky, like us and get a last minute upgrade, no matter! There are nice Azamara people at the dock with blank tags to fill in.

Yvonne:)

Edited by HudandPug

It's no trouble getting the tags at the pier. It's funny but the luggage tag issue is one thing that consistently gets people all anxious and there's really no need. We've arrived without tags before. It's no biggie.

And with free laundry you should be able to go with just a carryon! We are next week:D

Could it be that you were asking too far in advance for your luggage tags? I had to call to request ours and the rep told me I'd need to call back at about 35 days before the sailing, that there was no way to request them any earlier. Also, when the tags are ready there's an automatic notation that pops up on your on-line reservation documents.

I agree Deidre. If they are sailing in August, then I'm fairly certain that Redtravel is a bit early to request luggage tags.

A pity the member of staff did not tell you the correct info - ie the timing of tags being available and where to find them. If it concerns you, maybe you should let Azamara know the date and time of your call and the training issue they have

But as everyone says, no panic, labels will be available soon and if you do not get them you can get them at the pier or print and fold copies from the back of your ticket booklet when that becomes available on line.

Remember, in many parts of the globe these last two options are all guests have and they work just fine

After my recent experiences calling Azamara, I am starting to think that the Guatemala call center needs to understand Azamara guests. Maybe their way of handling phone requests and answering questions is different from American expectations. When talking to a rep, I feel like I am in a scene from "lost In Translation."

It seems from what Bonnie is saying the training re Guatemala has a long way to go before it is finished so hopefully it will all improve for you. In her response on the thread on the Poll of options for discounts she has indicated

Some places are short-staffed, and at least one of our teams is in the early stages of training (Guatemala.)

(my underlining not hers by the way)

Edited by uktog

It seems from what Bonnie is saying the training re Guatemala has a long way to go before it is finished so hopefully it will all improve for you. In her response on the thread on the Poll of options for discounts she has indicated

Some places are short-staffed, and at least one of our teams is in the early stages of training (Guatemala.)

(my underlining not hers by the way)

Agree, first there was attempts to say that the UK manager says everything is good when he looked at samples of calls on his visit. Next there is no problem with the new centre. I am not saying this is what Bonnie said either, but reality is, it's not ready based on anecdotal evidence on this forum and via talk between Azamara clients on cruises who do not come on here.

I am an admitted aza-mary, but sorry, you do not close down one service centre or type of customer support, then open another BEFORE, you have trained the staff and made sure they are;

capable

informed

supported

astute

communicative

appropriate

Competent

Especially when its a very small number of clients you are supporting compared to all other cruiselines. The operation could be tiny, overheads hardly anything, even home based and manageable with minimum staff who know what they are doing with the power to do it. I just feel it's a load of nothingness, producing annoyance.

I suppose I just lost all my 'I love Azamara points' But I do :(

Yvonne:)

Yes, by way of my other post on the poll for new promotions, I did acknowledge that the team in Guatemala is still learning and undergoing training. But I would be remiss if I didn't also point out they are on the steep upward slope of the learning bell curve and we at Azamara are very happy with the progress being made. Please hang in there. We all appreciate your loyalty to Azamara, in spite of some things occasionally being 'lost in translation'.

btw, I loved that movie :)

Yes, by way of my other post on the poll for new promotions, I did acknowledge that the team in Guatemala is still learning and undergoing training. But I would be remiss if I didn't also point out they are on the steep upward slope of the learning bell curve and we at Azamara are very happy with the progress being made. Please hang in there. We all appreciate your loyalty to Azamara, in spite of some things occasionally being 'lost in translation'.

btw, I loved that movie :)

Thanks Bonnie, Its not your fault!

Again, why are they doing training and learning now? It should have all been done BEFORE you close the other operation down.

Also, Azamara is a small operation compared to most businesses let alone cruise line, why all the big nonsense? Basic business ;)

Yvonne- totally committed Azamara fan with (hopefully) another 30 years cruising in her and hubby;)

• 3 months later...