Quick Questions on Cabo San Lucas

charlielinda

Does anyone know how much a water taxi tour arranged when I get off the ship would be to see the Arch and Lover's Beach?

How much would a water taxi be from port to Medino Beach?

How much would a land taxi be from port to Medino Beach?

Do you know of any MUST SEE place I should go or something I should do?

Thanks for your help.

I've been looking for info on Cabo recently and found lots of good information on a post called Day Beach in Cabo and Bob7 has lots of good info re the Mexican Riviera including his review. Sometimes I have trouble searching these boards, but if you search for Bob7, you should be able to find some info to help you.

Lisa

We were in Cabo last January, just when the whales returned.

We asked at the dock for whale watching and took a little water taxi (Ziggy was our driver) to Lover's beach to drop a couple off, then spend well over an hour watching whales. On the way back I asked if I could be dropped at Lovers Beach, no problem, just say when you want to be picked up.

On the way back, since the beach couple had not had a chance to see the Arch up close we detoured by the arch, very close to the sea lions. Ziggy also stopped when he saw lots of fish to see.

The whale watching cost $40pp. with no extra charge for dropping me off. I think the other couple were charged $10-20 for the ride to the beach. Lovers Beach was super, this was one of the best experiences on the cruise.

We grabbed a water taxi from the ship to Medano beach for $12 for 3 of us (I think). I don't feel like that was a great deal. On Medano beach we later negotiated a glass bottom taxi for the three of us to see the arch and the sea lions (it was great because they get very close), drop us off at Lover's Beach and come back to pick us up, all for $20 (total, round trip). When he dropped us off at Lover's Beach, he tried to insist on payment in full. I refused to do that, and paid him half, telling him I would pay the rest on the return trip. He wasn't happy, but didn't force the issue beyond that. I forgot to mention in our original agreement that we would need dropped off at the Marina instead of returning to Medano. So he took the opportunity to charge an extra $2/person for that; I was no longer in a position to negotiate.

Be sure to negotiate; they will start much higher than they will accept. Both times we cut the original asking price almost in half. It helps if there is another taxi close by that you can start to walk over to. They seem to like the per person price too, even though the trip costs them the same regardless of how many they have. We did not use the land taxis, so cannot comment on that.

We did the land's end tour for $10 each. You can be dropped off at the beach and picked up later but we did not do that. We got the boat off the marina on our own and not a ship excursion. Our driver was a nice guy from San Diego orginally.

We just returned from Cabo. Rented 2 one-man kayaks for $30.00 which included water taxi round trip from the tender dock to Medano beach. Then took a tour around the arch & about an hour of water taxi sightseeing for another $20.00. No haggle, no hassle, just great value for the money!

Jim

We're interested in the Glass Bottom Boat Tour to the Arch. Can someone tell us what company they used, if they were pleased,and how to reach the Marina after arriving from the ship? We'll have four children with us, so hope we can do this tour without having to walk too far.

Thanks!

Vavip - Thanks for the information. I searched further, and found a 3 hour tour for about $30, and also learned other glass bottom boats have a 45 minute tour to the Arch for about $10. Thanks to you, we will turn right when we get to the dock.

Suite 16 - You might just be aware that most of the glass bottom boat "tours" are actually just water taxis. Don't expect too much of a "tour" in the sense of history, background, details, etc., although I'm sure there's some operators out there that will provide that. At least that was our experience. $10/person doesn't sound bad, but if you have more than two people, I would definitely try to negotiate a lower rate. We got it for $20 for three of us, which included the "tour" in a glass bottom boat, a drop off at Lovers' Beach and a pick up two hours later. The 3 hour tour you found may be more like a real tour.

Vista Cruiser is right on. You can be selective about the boats, too. Some are real ratty and others are nice and new. It is a great 45 minute excursion and I totally enjoyed every minute. We paid $20 for the two of us ( he asked for $40). They will also let you off at the tender pier if you ask.

Archived