Help me smuggle liquor onboard

Sexynina1998

Hello guys, I am really cheap! I can't afford to buy 6 buck drinks, I am not saying that I LOVEEEE to drink but I dont want to waste money on drinks, have any clues on how to smuggle alcohol onboard? I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks everyone!!

Last year my boyfriend and I smuggled 7 fifths on board, a big bottle of listerine fits about 2 fifths of whiskey, and a 6 pack of bottled water fits a few bottles of vodka. I can't remember what else we used - I think a peroxide bottle??? Just make sure you soak them for a few days! We didn't have any trouble at all, although I've heard of some people getting things taken.....we're gonna do it again this year though!

Just pack carefully w/ clothes wrapped around bottles so they don't break. You can also put big plastic bags around just in case. Many vodkas and rums come in plastic 1.75 bottles. No one says anything if there are bottles on the counter in your room. :)

Wouldn't it be easier to just send yourself "Bon Voyage" gifts? The cost is about the same as the local liquor store.

I just looked on Carnival's site, and there is no way we'd be paying $25.59 for Beringer White Zinfandel. That's a $5.00 bottle of wine!

I didn't see any hard liquor "gifts" on the site.

I am sorry, SockMonkey, but I don't know anything about Carnival. I am just struggling to learn about Princess before our cruise in July.

Princess allows guests to bring wine and champagne on board, and they also have hard liquor at reasonable prices on their gift list. I.e., a liter of Absolute vodka is $22.00, which is about what we pay in the State store. In Washington, all hard liquor must be purchased from the State.

I agree that the wine prices are too high, so we plan to take a case of wine on board.

Boy this is another example of how mergers are hurting cruising. Our last trip on HAL before RCL bought them, their on board duty free shop was selling Absolute for $9 a liter and 15 year old Johnny Walker Green for $20 to take back to your cabin. Our Dec. cruise on The Grand, we packed two boxes of wine, and a water bottle of vodka in a suitcase. We had to refill that water bottle at Costa Maya.

The Princess package on board, was for about 1/2 a fifth and two setups for a great deal more than it cost in Texas.

Hi!

I don't feel bad about being frugal!! We take more than a case of water on board. Some of the water might suspiciously taste like Vodka (a mark on the bottom of the bottles with a marker is handy!!) The plastic bottle of A&W cream soda might suspiciously taste like Captain Morgans rum (but looks exactly the same!)

The very large insulated mugs that we carry everywhere on board are a wonderful perk of reading everything on these boards. (We generally don't take them in the dining room on formal night, although I have been known to!) My husband now fixes a cocktail in the glasses in the staterooms and takes his cocktail to the dining room with him.

We purchase liquor onboard or in port for less than half what we pay in the states and then we have the liquor for the next cruise at a much discounted price!!

We don't have to fly to port so we take a small cooler (just a bit bigger than a six pack) on board and have our room steward keep it filled with ice so we always have plenty. If you fly and need to conserve space, you can fill your insulated mug with your drink and stop by any bar and ask them to fill with ice.

There are tons of ideas if you keep reading the boards here!

Barbara :D

People on these message boards told me what you've just read here. Just make sure it's in PLASTIC. We smuggled whiskey on both Carnival and Celebrity cruises. We took pouches of dry whiskey sour mix and put them in our toiletry bags along with the kleenex and dryer sheets (they help the cabin smell good). No problem. Not only that, the room stewards were nice and didn't RAT on us. We just left our plastic whiskey out in plain sight and they were still there when we packed to go home. You still wind up buying some drinks on board. Also, buy a water bottle that comes in it's own cover with a strap. When you go to the pool on board, make yourself a drink and bring it along. If anyone asks, it's water!!! We did a round of golf in Bermuda and used the same bottle & cover when we played. Cheaper than buying drinks on an expensive golf course. I like to look for things that do double duty.

I have taken everything from whole bottles of rum and vodka to mini bottles of shooters. I left them all in my original containers and never had a problem. All I did was wrap them in a box as a birthday present and stuck them in my luggage. When our bags get to our rooms we stick them in our fridge. I always go out of my way to be extra nice to the room steward and tip him on a daily basis instead of at the end of the week. Every morning I have several glasses of OJ brought up from room service and we are set for the week:) I have never had a problem. Happy cruising:) hic-up!

I've just packed the originals in bubble wrap in my suitcases...no attempt to camoflage (sp?). I've never been stopped or had any confiscated. I only bring enough for in-room drinks and some wine for the dining room. You do have to pay a corkage fee for the wine.

• 4 weeks later...

guys who smuggle... are there no x-ray machines that review whats in your bags... I hear NCL Majesty is tough and I will not get away with it so save the emmbarasment

and buy a bar set up...what does the bar set up consist of and whats the $

also can I buy a bottle of whatever on the ship (Manjesty)

• 2 weeks later...

with jeans in my luggage before. It's a little heavy but makes the trip with the seacaps just fine.

If re-stocking at one of the ports, always buy two bottles. Carry one in your tote and the other in the bag from the shop. When the x-ray person sees them, you will be sent to the turn-in table. Turn-in the shop bag and carry the other to your room. Coming back on board is a busy time for security and as long as you go to the turn-in table, they will never know how many bottles you turned in.

Last winter I sailed Majesty and by the help on the boards here's what I did. I put a flask of whiskey in a collapsable cooler in my luggage, no prob. I put vodca in a peroxide bottle, no problem. And vodca in a contact lense solution bottle, no problem. I put the 2 bottles in 2 seperate zip bags in 2 seperate suitcases.

It cracked me up when they flagged my bag. At first I thought, ah well, busted.. what are ya gonna do? But what they wanted to 'see' was my shampoo! Apparently what you should NOT do.. is package any bottles together! I had 3 shampoo/conditioner bottles in one giant zip bag, and that's what their Xray snagged as a must see. Once they pulled the shampoo out, they sent me on my way with my booze in that collapsable cooler.

For the record on the table that day was.. listerein bottles, and other assorted bottles filled with booze. Also was "too much" soda. A few sodas they are cool with.. a 24 pack, no. Also, someone was way ticked they had to give up their travel iron. They couldn't believe they were not allowed. (must not read the boards I guess;) ) Majesty does xray and will search. They will however not catch it all... Im proof of it.

I did the sneaking with the idea they may take it. I found having my luggage searched no biggy and will try again. If I get busted next January on Imagination, so be it, still going to try:)

Jules

Couldn't you just fill a water bottle with the vodka and just carry it on board? Fill it so it looks like you took a couple of sips out of it and I can't imagine they would open your water bottles and smell the water!

One of the solutions to this problem, as I see it, is to cruise with Princess and take a case of water with the center ones filled with vodka and have a party all week long! :D

I bring mine in 55 oz Evian bottles. NCL does x-ray luggage and will take away any liquor they find. On another subject, if you are a morning coffee drinker bring your own big coffee mug with a lid from home, then you can have your coffee in the morning and then what we call "special coffee" in the afternoon. Happy Sailing!:p

Dh took a collapsable cooler with wheels on the last cruise, had the driver of the shuttle service we used, stop at a store, and bought a 30 pk of beer. Before we got to the ship, he put the beer in the cooler, secured it with a strap with a combination lock, and sent it through with the rest of the luggage.:D

For myself, I put vodka in a liter water bottle and just took it on board with me. :)

Ok, call me stupid, but what are the rules regarding bringing liquor on board? I have only been on the Radisson Paul Gauguin, and they supply 2 liters of your choice in your cabin and offer alcohol with dinner as well as other venues. I know that is not the case on most other cruise lines. I'm going on the Celebrity Mercury next year and I don't know if I can/should bring my own liquor and wine.

JulieMac

We do the the evian bottle thing but we keep them in our backpacks/carryons so they did not seem strange or attract attention inside the suitcase, just seem like a cold drink for the line. As long as it is clear colored. It felt funny pouring evian ($$) down the kitchen sink the night before the cruise, though. I suppose you could use Iced Tea bottles for whiskey or dark tequila...When we got to the first island (by that time the home alcohol was gone) we brought the empty bottles with us, bought some duty free liquor and poured it right into the plastic bottles on the street and then walked back onto the ship with it. We also brought coco lopez in cans-don't forget opener, pat obrian's hurricane mix in envelopes and my Black and Decker Party-mate cordless blender! With optional extra batteries and charger of course. We also do the big insulated coffee mug thing too. Not that we dont buy any alcohol on board but we do like to party and drink MUCH more than usual on the ship--as we have pretty serious and pretty tame lives at home--and we try to save some $ by supplementing our bar bill with our own liquor. It may be a little "cheap" but we "make it up in volume" as we cruise quite often. And with the $ we save we just patronize the SPA more. There's always a chance you'll get caught but I have smuggled liquor onto around 16 cruises and have not been caught yet! Good luck!