Help with MSC

petee10

I would like to book the MSC Poesia- December 27th, 2009 for 4 of us. Here is the problem... MSC told us they are sold out of rooms with 4 beds. my 2 boys will not share a pull out bed and we do not want to deal with a cot in the room. The cruise is 11.5 months out!! What to do??:confused:

We are not on your cruise, but we booked ours almost a year ago, for the four of us. My inlaws booked on our ship about a month later, and for some odd reason, were given a quad room. I found that odd they would give 2 people a quad room, when there are tonnes of rooms for 2 people. Anyways, keep calling, get on a cancellation if there is! There will be cancellations!

Although a room may be able to accommodate 4 people, the ship is limited as to the number of quad rooms it can sell. If they've reached their limit of quads, they can't sell anymore. I agree....continue to check back. No doubt, there will be cancellations.

Check around with some of the online travel agents. Some of the big agencies book whole blocks or rooms. On the cruise line's books, the cabin is sold, but the TA can sell it to you.

This is why you occasionally see a "sold-out" cruise that suddenly has many cabins available a month before sailing. That is when the TA's return their unsold cabins to the cruise line's inventory.

Paul Noble

I would not hold my breath for a quad to open up on that cruise. I am booked on the Orchestra Mar 14 '09 with a quad. I booked it last May. Quads have been sold out ever since. Friends of ours wanted to come but can't. I have checked almost daily and no quads have ever become available - if one enters the system it is taken almost immediately. It is still booked up completely for quads and triples. Only doubles are available, still. And the demand for March 14 pales in comparison to the demand for Dec. 27. I would forget about it.

I happen to be booked on the Poesia Dec 20 and 27 '09 with a quad. I booked it in September!

I would not hold my breath for a quad to open up on that cruise. I am booked on the Orchestra Mar 14 '09 with a quad. I booked it last May. Quads have been sold out ever since. Friends of ours wanted to come but can't. I have checked almost daily and no quads have ever become available - if one enters the system it is taken almost immediately. It is still booked up completely for quads and triples. Only doubles are available, still. And the demand for March 14 pales in comparison to the demand for Dec. 27. I would forget about it.

I happen to be booked on the Poesia Dec 20 and 27 '09 with a quad. I booked it in September!

That answers a question I had. I was looking for a quad room for Orchestra for Mar. 14, as it is school winter break in Toronto. But if it was sold out from long ago, we can't go then.

Archived