Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Mediterranean - Eastern & Western > France Ports

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

France Ports Cannes, Corsica, Marseille, Nice, Sete, St. Tropez, Toulon, Villefranche

Old November 12th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default CDG - Terminal 1 to Terminal 2F

I am hoping someone can let me know the best way to get from terminal 1 to 2F. My arriving flight is from Newark and I will be flying to Barcelona. The instructions I found online were to take the Aeroports de Paris shuttle to 2F. Is that the best way? When will I have to go through customs?

Thanks,

Old November 13th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie#1 View Post
I am hoping someone can let me know the best way to get from terminal 1 to 2F. My arriving flight is from Newark and I will be flying to Barcelona. The instructions I found online were to take the Aeroports de Paris shuttle to 2F. Is that the best way? When will I have to go through customs?

Thanks,
When you arrive at CDG just follow the signs for your connection/gate/in transient..they are posted as you come off the jetway and there is usually someone there to help..it will lead you to the shuttle to get you to your T2F and there you can find your gate.You can always ask along the way,but I don't think you will have a problem if you follow the signs.I knopw a lot of people do not like CGD,but IMHO it is rally not all that bad.Just as an aside...I am moving to AZ...will miss flying out from east coast,but will sacrifice to live in AZ

Old November 13th, 2009, 05:54 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:

Thanks,
When you arrive at Terminal 1 you are doing immigration -

then you get outside and take the complimentary CDG VAL-trains which takes you to Terminal 2 (between D and F). From here you walk over to Terminal 2F.

Your bags will be through-checked to Barcelona. And there you are passing the customs.

Maybe your hand luggage will be cleared already in Paris.

But there is no need to collect you bags in Paris, going through the customs and re-check it again - if your baggage is through-checked.

Regards,
HeinBloed

Old November 13th, 2009, 06:00 PM
5,000+ Club

In addition:

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...aris-CDG/maps/

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...ection-flight/

Although it's written "international" flight and Barcelona is an international destination:

Terminal 2 F serves Intra-Schengen and Extra-Schengen-Flights.

As you are arriving from Extra-Schengen and connecting to a Intra-Schengen-Flight you normally leave the terminal and doing the transfer outside like a national flight. National and Intra-Schengen flights are handled the same way.

Regards,
HeinBloed

Old November 13th, 2009, 07:18 PM
5,000+ Club

Heinbloed, do you take a bus or a train? Our last experience was three years ago, and we had to take a bus. Unfortunately it ran so seldom that we literally had to run to the gate to make our connection to Venice.

Last edited by CintiPam; November 13th, 2009 at 07:18 PM.

Ad Sponsored By
Old November 13th, 2009, 07:45 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by CintiPam View Post
Heinbloed, do you take a bus or a train? Our last experience was three years ago, and we had to take a bus. Unfortunately it ran so seldom that we literally had to run to the gate to make our connection to Venice.
The train did not run between Terminal 1 and 2 about three years ago. I think they open it about 1 - 1 1/2 year ago.

You still have the bus if you are transferring airside, i. e. Extra-Schengen to Extra-Schengen.

Also the buses still exists for transfers within Terminal 2ABCDEF.

If you see the map for Terminal 2F:

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/R...erminal2f.pdf?

The left part is for Intra-Schengen (Barcelona)
The right part is for Extra-Schengen (like US)

So if you arrive at 1 from the US (= Extra Schengen):

it might be also that they take you by airside-bus to 2F Extra-Schengen and that you cross here from right to the left to Intra-Schengen for the Barcelona Flights.

or

you are leaving Terminal 1 landside by CDG VAL and enter 2F Intra-Schengen Part.

I remember only I wish I could use the airside transfer and change then to Intra-Schengen but I remember I was never allowed. So I had to use always the landside-transfers. Before CDG VAL train ran by bus as you said.

Regards,
HeinBloed

Old November 13th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thank you. I am glad to hear I can take the train. The bus does not run that often in the morning.

Old November 13th, 2009, 08:06 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Thank you. I am glad to hear I can take the train. The bus does not run that often in the morning.
That's an option which will definately works.

Exit at Terminal 1 to landside and take the train to Terminal 2. In the direction of the train movement turn left to Terminal 2 F.

I can only find information in French:

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/f...ts/cdg_val.htm

But the train runs 24 hours a day - frequency every 4 minutes and connects within 8 minutes the different terminal.

@CintiPam: The train was opened April 2007. So when you was in Paris in 2006 you definately had to use the bus.

Regards,
HeinBloed

Old November 13th, 2009, 08:11 PM
5,000+ Club

My French is not so bad...

but I found the information in English:

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...ts/cdg_val.htm

Regards,
HeinBloed

Old November 13th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cberge View Post
When you arrive at CDG just follow the signs for your connection/gate/in transient..they are posted as you come off the jetway and there is usually someone there to help..it will lead you to the shuttle to get you to your T2F and there you can find your gate.You can always ask along the way,but I don't think you will have a problem if you follow the signs.I knopw a lot of people do not like CGD,but IMHO it is rally not all that bad.Just as an aside...I am moving to AZ...will miss flying out from east coast,but will sacrifice to live in AZ
Make sure you don't move in the summer.

Old November 13th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinBloed View Post
My French is not so bad...

but I found the information in English:

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...ts/cdg_val.htm

Regards,
HeinBloed
Great information. What do you mean when you say landside? The directions I found on the website are below. I have two hours if I arrive on time. Luckily I am flying in a few days before my cruise so if I miss the flight I will still be ok.

Directions:

On leaving the aircraft, follow the signs for “Exit - Baggage Reclaim”. Once you have gone through passport control and customs,
follow the CDGVAL signs. Take the free CDGVAL for Paris-Charles de Gaulle Terminal 2 in 8 minutes.
- Frequency: every 20 minutes from 00:00 to 04:30 and every 4 minutes from 04:30 to 00:00.
- This service is free.
- Journey time: 8 minutes. Follow the signs for Terminal 2F.

Old November 13th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Make sure you don't move in the summer.
Acutally, I don't mind it there in the summer...IF it gets to hot I can always cruise!!!!!!!!

Old November 13th, 2009, 08:42 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Great information. What do you mean when you say landside? The directions I found on the website are below. I have two hours if I arrive on time. Luckily I am flying in a few days before my cruise so if I miss the flight I will still be ok.

Directions:

On leaving the aircraft, follow the signs for “Exit - Baggage Reclaim”. Once you have gone through passport control and customs,
follow the CDGVAL signs. Take the free CDGVAL for Paris-Charles de Gaulle Terminal 2 in 8 minutes.
- Frequency: every 20 minutes from 00:00 to 04:30 and every 4 minutes from 04:30 to 00:00.
- This service is free.
- Journey time: 8 minutes. Follow the signs for Terminal 2F.

Landside:

you transfer outside the security area...

Airside:

you transfer inside the security area...

Good Night... need some sleep now as I am going on cruise by myself tomorrow.

Regards,
HeinBloed

Old November 13th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Have a great time.