Recent Lawrence of Antigua tours??

Mass2Cruise

Anyone use him recently? I've tried multiple times over the course of two weeks to get ahold of him and book a tour for June. No response at all. Not seeing any recent reviews on the net either. Considering other options at this point, but still open to using him if I'm doing something wrong.

We used him last October. His employee, whose name I have forgotten, met us (4 adults, 1- 4 y/o) at the pier and took us on an island tour, which was very enjoyable. He then took us to sting ray city, and waited there the entire time and then brought us back to the ship. In all it was about 6.5 hours and they charged $50 per adult and $40 for my granddaughter. Very nice, informative guide. If I remember correctly his email response came up under another name, but am not too sure about that. I would not hesitate to tour with him again. Good luck!

Thanks. After multiple email attempts through both email accounts he provided, I didn't get a response. We found a similar tour through another vendor that had phenomenal reviews, similar pricing, and extremely prompt and detailed communication so we went with them. Thanks.

We used him last October. His employee, whose name I have forgotten, met us (4 adults, 1- 4 y/o) at the pier and took us on an island tour, which was very enjoyable. He then took us to sting ray city, and waited there the entire time and then brought us back to the ship. In all it was about 6.5 hours and they charged $50 per adult and $40 for my granddaughter. Very nice, informative guide. If I remember correctly his email response came up under another name, but am not too sure about that. I would not hesitate to tour with him again. Good luck!

Yes not sure why the delayed or no response but we would highly recommend Lawrence based on our experience with him.

But enjoy your tour, beautiful island with some amazing sights to see. :)

Thanks. After multiple email attempts through both email accounts he provided, I didn't get a response. We found a similar tour through another vendor that had phenomenal reviews, similar pricing, and extremely prompt and detailed communication so we went with them. Thanks.

Who did you book with and how much?

Not sure if I can put the link here so I'll just say search for Antigua vip tours and you should find it. Think it was $175 for two adults and a child. Let me know if you can't find the site.

Not sure if I can put the link here so I'll just say search for Antigua vip tours and you should find it. Think it was $175 for two adults and a child. Let me know if you can't find the site.

I'm pretty sure I found him but it's 100 per person for a full day. From what I know of the rules of posting on CC, if you are asked for a tour recommendation, that is the only time it's okay, to post the details of that tour. Just FYI.

• 2 weeks later...

Land Tours are usually very unpredictable in pricing. Some major companies that most visitors will get access to online will have a higher price tag. The cost is a reflection of their operation cost, advertising, paying staff etc. Most of the larger tour companies hires drivers to take their guest around on tours.

The smaller operators who will run their business from their own vehicle can afford to charge less, but finding them online is often very difficult. you're best bet is to wait until you get to Antigua and find a face you feel comfortable with out of the assortment of taxi operators adorn in bright orange shirts at the dock. All the taxi's will do tours for a better price than the larger companies.

If you prefer to plan ahead, i can always get you in touch with a taxi operator, but it depends on what you want to do, and where you want to go.

I never updated this thread, but did get a responses to my multiple inquiries on Monday of this week. They were all the exact same response cut and paste. Said he has no internet, but to respond to the email and he'll reply with a confirmation. Doesn't seem the best way to do business, but I'm sure he is a decent operator. We have just moved on to another option at this point.

Land Tours are usually very unpredictable in pricing. Some major companies that most visitors will get access to online will have a higher price tag. The cost is a reflection of their operation cost, advertising, paying staff etc. Most of the larger tour companies hires drivers to take their guest around on tours.

The smaller operators who will run their business from their own vehicle can afford to charge less, but finding them online is often very difficult. you're best bet is to wait until you get to Antigua and find a face you feel comfortable with out of the assortment of taxi operators adorn in bright orange shirts at the dock. All the taxi's will do tours for a better price than the larger companies.

If you prefer to plan ahead, i can always get you in touch with a taxi operator, but it depends on what you want to do, and where you want to go.

I don't think that info is pertinent here, Lawrence was easily reachable and very responsive when we and others worked with him. And his pricing was very clear (and quite competitive) depending on what you wanted (group vs private, 1/2 day vs full day). We found Lawrence to be very easy to work with and no surprises.

Why this change I can't imagine unless something has impacted his business or him personally.

• 5 months later...
I booked with Lawrence of Antigua about a month ago - he was very prompt in replying for our cruise in january6

I would like to book an island tour, and also visit Sting Ray City. Could I ask what tour you booked with Lawrence (ie: did it include swimming with the sting rays?) , and the cost, if you don't mind saying?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Just did a tour with Lawrence last week and it was excellent!! He is such a gentleman and a very good tour guide. He certainly knows his island and its history. He was very responsive any time I emailed him. We did a 4 hour tour of the island...saw English Harbor, Shirley Heights and Nelson Dockyard. Amazing timing there...we arrived along with Prince Charles!! He was in the Caribbean visiting islands affected by the hurricanes and was at Nelson Dockyard to commemorate its being named a world UNESCO heritage site. We then headed to the national park and then the rainforest. After that, he dropped us at Valley Church Beach which was just gorgeous and returned for us about 1.5 hours laters. All for $50 per person!

I would certainly use Leston Lawrence again!

17fe4f6c-4b53-480c-95fd-6154963f0305

76061a4a-7319-41bf-a618-fbc9e3526451

235bdd9f-1207-4998-8ba7-63ffa92d3c68

IMG_0728.jpg.9c66e5173417dc0ed0360a23162b0d0a.jpg

Just did a tour with Lawrence last week and it was excellent!! He is such a gentleman and a very good tour guide. He certainly knows his island and its history. He was very responsive any time I emailed him. We did a 4 hour tour of the island...saw English Harbor, Shirley Heights and Nelson Dockyard. Amazing timing there...we arrived along with Prince Charles!! He was in the Caribbean visiting islands affected by the hurricanes and was at Nelson Dockyard to commemorate its being named a world UNESCO heritage site. We then headed to the national park and then the rainforest. After that, he dropped us at Valley Church Beach which was just gorgeous and returned for us about 1.5 hours laters. All for $50 per person!

I would certainly use Leston Lawrence again

Sorry...having problems adding pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0668.jpg.4ac119c1161aefdb3e44c0ceb7c356ce.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg.4558d37e8f5ce16bb6b2af89039411f2.jpg

Edited by pklein9747

I would certainly use Leston Lawrence again!

This sounds great! Was this a special tour? I see the 3-4 hour tour on his website listing at $70 per adult.

Thank you for this update.

How many people were in your tour please? was This a private tour or part of a group? Thank you.

There were six people on the tour...the two of us, our two friends and two other people who had booked. Lawrence had an exceptionally clean van and provided water, soda and beer.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We also did a tour with Lawrence a couple of weeks ago, and really enjoyed it, it was 4 of us and another couple, so plenty of space in his van, the tour was great very informative, we really enjoyed it. He was right at the dock when we got off, very easy to find him.

• 1 month later...

Could someone please tell me about how long you get at Nelson’s Dockyard and if that was enough time. It’s the main place I want to visit so not sure if I should do a group tour or just get a taxi. Thank you!

• 1 year later...