WindSurf...First day ironing

xsnowman99

All Windstar ships offer a flat rate package per week of around $110 per cabin for all laundry (used to be $99). That may be what you are thinking of. You have to book it by close of your first day on the ship. There was a little reminder in our Windstar ID card wallet when we boarded last month.

• 3 weeks later...
All Windstar ships offer a flat rate package per week of around $110 per cabin for all laundry (used to be $99). That may be what you are thinking of. You have to book it by close of your first day on the ship. There was a little reminder in our Windstar ID card wallet when we boarded last month.

Wow I find that expensive:eek:

I think the laundry package is a great deal. I'm comparing to sending laundry out by the piece at any hotel. $110 to have all of your clothing beautifully laundered every day for a week?

We also tend to travel before and after the cruise for a couple of days. So we can send in laundry when embarking and also send out the last day, then get off with all clean clothing.

Also cuts down in the amount of clothing you need to bring. Of course, if it's not for you you don't have to sign up for it.

I'm with Pudgesmom - I think it is a great value! The cost is per cabin, not per person and allows us to bring less clothing and go home with a suitcase full of clean clothes. They do a very nice job most of the time and will even hang dry items if you request it. When we go to the Caribbean, we can get by with carry on luggage due to using the laundry package, so we also save on the checked luggage fees!

With European travel, we generally tack on more days before and after so I do bring a bigger suitcase for more clothing variety (and shoes! my downfall). I like to always have a closet full of clean clothes to choose from each day. I know some people are fine with washing some items out in the sink, but I just don't like to do that.

• 3 weeks later...