P&O new fare structure....

Jetstar of the Seas.

Further confirming my choice to avoid P&O Aus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it!! Soon it will be pay extra for meals:rolleyes:

I really think they are confused as to which group they are targeting......they modernise the ships, put in slides, takeaway the MUTS screens, charge extra for everything, include drink packages.

Not sure if they are targeting yuppies, families, partygoers......sadly though they have the most varied itineraries at the moment:rolleyes:

Love it!! Soon it will be pay extra for meals:rolleyes:

I really think they are confused as to which group they are targeting......they modernise the ships, put in slides, takeaway the MUTS screens, charge extra for everything, include drink packages.

Not sure if they are targeting yuppies, families, partygoers......sadly though they have the most varied itineraries at the moment:rolleyes:

I know right!

I'm really enjoying their ship revamps, the new styling etc but I do not like the way they are running everything else. Disappointing.

I know right!

I'm really enjoying their ship revamps, the new styling etc but I do not like the way they are running everything else. Disappointing.

We spent 28 days on the Dawn Princess to Tahiti when it first came here, was the Regal Princess and still had that classical feel....gawd knows what they have done to it now!! Did a lunch tour on the Jewel and disliked that ship, even though they are sister ships.

I would like to sail on the Eden /Aria for the ship design and size but not under P&O and the cutbacks and extras. Just speaking to the call centre was enough for me;p

I actually don't mind having the differing levels of inclusions in the fares, as depending on the timing and the actual cruise one may suit better than another but until I see the new fares, I will reserve judgement. IMO, P&O have vastly improved their product and as mentioned they do seem to have many varied itineraries.

Having just read my email from P&O I don't think this is much different from what is already offered just under different names.

Value Plus: seems to be the equivalent of the VIP fares (which have sweetners such as drinks or added OBC, wi fi, tendering etc depending on the year it is offered in). Have always been around.

Value: looks like the ordinary fares with the usual sweetners of special offer campaigns.

Go: is the usual Pack and Go fares.

Just looks confusing till you compare. They have also changed their website again and not for the better. Will they never leave things alone!

Having just read my email from P&O I don't think this is much different from what is already offered just under different names.

Value Plus: seems to be the equivalent of the VIP fares (which have sweetners such as drinks or added OBC, wi fi, tendering etc depending on the year it is offered in). Have always been around.

Value: looks like the ordinary fares with the usual sweetners of special offer campaigns.

Go: is the usual Pack and Go fares.

Just looks confusing till you compare. They have also changed their website again and not for the better. Will they never leave things alone!

Yes, rebranded packages with the 3 alternatives being offered for all cruises instead of where it was just two of them.

Yes, rebranded packages with the 3 alternatives being offered for all cruises instead of where it was just two of them.

Agreed.

I have one upcoming cruise and what I booked last month is clearly fitting into those packages.

I didn't want any perks on the P&o cruise. I'd rather do that on my next trip on solstice [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The major problem P&O has is that the die-hard Australian audience that used to have no choice but to "enjoy" P&O are starting to discover that every other cruise line is better. The comment that P&O is like Jetstar is completely unreasonable; using the airline analogy P&O are no better than Rynair and so considerable worse than Jetstar.

There is nothing wrong with an everything-is-optional value-add approach to pricing except if the most basic fare is too low then the demographic predominantly attracted (and catered for) may not be very much like any other cruise line operating in this part of the world. Again, think Rynair - you pay for pretty much nothing and they still turn a profit by making sure they give you the least they possibly can.

The major problem P&O has is that the die-hard Australian audience that used to have no choice but to "enjoy" P&O are starting to discover that every other cruise line is better. The comment that P&O is like Jetstar is completely unreasonable; using the airline analogy P&O are no better than Rynair and so considerable worse than Jetstar.

There is nothing wrong with an everything-is-optional value-add approach to pricing except if the most basic fare is too low then the demographic predominantly attracted (and catered for) may not be very much like any other cruise line operating in this part of the world. Again, think Rynair - you pay for pretty much nothing and they still turn a profit by making sure they give you the least they possibly can.

Agreed completely.

Though Jetstar fall in that same category for me - stay away with a ten foot pole. Potato/potato, I don't discriminate between one "low cost" operator and another. None of them will get a cent from me. P&O included!

I went onto the P O & AUST website yesterday and after about 5 mins I gave up.

Had another look just now and most of the links seemed to be 'broken'! Some nonsense about who put the pineapple in the swimming pool!

Maybe I am a bit dumb but actually finding out information about the ships, deck plans, try and choose a cabin BEFORE giving my name was a turn off. Won't even bother again as we need a wheelchair accessible cabin.

Sorry there are much more user friendly and informative cruise lines at reasonable pricing.

After cruising on the Pacific Jewel recently I would actually rather not cruise at all than to cruise on that mess again! Which is sad because that's the first time I've ever thought that after a cruise normally I book my next one asap. I thought P&O were trying to better themselves but the experience we got was just a nosedive into mediocrity and upcharges for everything with poor service. Never making that mistake again... Royal, Carnival and X are a million times better and will keep my business now no matter what fares P&O offer or gimmicks they include!

Oh dear. I shouldn't have read this thread. Head off on the Jewel on Monday. No, I will keep an open mind. And just remember my cruise after this one is on the Solstice [emoji572][emoji925][emoji568][emoji572]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh dear. I shouldn't have read this thread. Head off on the Jewel on Monday. No, I will keep an open mind. And just remember my cruise after this one is on the Solstice [emoji572][emoji925][emoji568][emoji572]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Enjoy the cruise for what it is and you will still have great fun, people will compare and that is only natural but a cruise is a cruise and it is what you make of it. I think you will have a ball. Remember that there are likely to be a Bianco night and a Gatsby night along with the dance nights.

There is a great deal of negativity about P&O Oz, which I wouldn't necessarily take too much notice of.

P&O will usually provide a good cruise experience for the money. They often have better itineraries than almost any other cruise company in Oz and depart from a far wider variety of cities.

If I was paying Celebrity fares for a P&O cruise I would get upset, but paying P&O fares for a P&O cruise seems fine to me.

P&O seem to polarise people. Living down south I am grateful for P&O bringing their ships down here so we don't have the luxury of much choice. I take what I can get.

Their fares are very volatile so some people may pay far too much but if you purchase at a good rate then it makes a difference.

I have done 6 trips with them and consider them all value for money and enjoyed them all. My adult son loves them and I am taking 10 (5 adults and 5 children) on the Christmas cruise.

I have met people who couldn't wait to get off and other people who loved every minute of the cruise and couldn't see any problems. You wonder if they were on the same cruise (in some cases in the same cabin).

My TA came back last week from a Princess cruise and I asked him to compare. He said that Princess were a bit better on service but P&O had better food. This is usually the opposite of what I have been led to believe by grumblers.

Life is what you make of it. Always look on the bright side and you will be fine.:D:cool:

P&O seem to polarise people. Living down south I am grateful for P&O bringing their ships down here so we don't have the luxury of much choice. I take what I can get.

Their fares are very volatile so some people may pay far too much but if you purchase at a good rate then it makes a difference.

I have done 6 trips with them and consider them all value for money and enjoyed them all. My adult son loves them and I am taking 10 (5 adults and 5 children) on the Christmas cruise.

I have met people who couldn't wait to get off and other people who loved every minute of the cruise and couldn't see any problems. You wonder if they were on the same cruise (in some cases in the same cabin).

My TA came back last week from a Princess cruise and I asked him to compare. He said that Princess were a bit better on service but P&O had better food. This is usually the opposite of what I have been led to believe by grumblers.

Life is what you make of it. Always look on the bright side and you will be fine.:D:cool:

I agree, especially with the last sentence.