Coming Soon to a Theater Near You: Two Movies Starring Allure of the Seas

LauraS

Thanks for the heads up!:) We were in the Allure when they were filming and can't wait to see it.

They are online now. I really enjoyed the story in Royal Reunion. I was impressed that they could develop the characters, move the plot along, mention all the features of the ship, and generate an emotional response all in 11 minutes.

McCarthy's film was a bit of fluff and folks posing in bikinis but she did a decent job making her film too.

These are SO cool! I've been telling anyone that would want to listen that Chevy Chase needs to do one more "Vacation" movie, and this time it's on board a cruise ship. PLOT: Rusty and Audrey (their kids) are grown and bring their kids along to celebrate Clark and Ellen Griswold's anniversary. When they get to the private island, how much do you want to bet that Cousin Eddie (Daniel Quaid's character) now LIVES there? Come on, do I have to write this?

I enjoyed both short films. How could anyone who enjoys cruising not like either films where the ship plays a lead character? However, I thought the Cruise Critic editorial was overly critical regarding the actors/characters and their lines. The films are obviously fictional.

The full versions of the movies are available from a link on the RCI website home page. The Royal Reunion is 11:21 minutes and the Allure of Love is 10:28 minutes. I liked the reunion short movie and my DH liked the Love one. It's a nice show case of the ship.

Diana

I think they both were good. It made want to book a cruise on Allure. The ship has so much. The Reunion one was better for selling the ship though. Awesome ship.;)

I think that this is really smart marketing on RCI's part. A great way to get the message out about the Allure and RCI.

Archived