Zip Lines in the Forest?

nujoyzgirl

I have called everywhere in St. Marteen and Loterie farm and no one know about the zip line tour. I did go on the Royal Carrribean website and I cannot locate there description Loterie Farm Treetop Adventure Tour. We will be sailing on Princess and they do not have that excursion.

Can anyone give any more information. We want to do the zip line most of all.

Thank you.

Fran

nujoyzgirl has a direct link to the Royal Caribbean tour listed above.

Please tell us 'everywhere' you called in St. Maarten and 'Loterie Farm' and couldn't get any information. Give us even one phone number you tried.

St. Maarten is the wrong side of the island, by the way. Loterie Farm is on the French side.

Fly%20Zone%20Lotterie%20Farm.jpg

Hi, I found the phone number for the tree top adventure at Loterie Farms in St.Martin. If dialing from the us, 011-590-590-87-86-16

They gave me the following info: open Tues-Sat 9:30-4:30, 1 1/2 hours, must be over 4ft tall and under 250lbs. No reservation required just go to Loterie Farm and sign up that day. We will definately be trying this when arrive on the AOS 4/22/05, my sons (16,14,and 9) can't wait to try this. I'll ley you know how it goes.

Adventure of the Seas 4/17/05

Enchantment of the Seas April 04

Thanks Zipmom for the information.

Would you know how many platforms they use and are there bridges or swing ropes with their tour? I tried calling the number you listed but I can't get through this morning. Maybe I'll try later. It's a twenty minute cab ride from the pier.

I finally received a phone call back from St. Marteen about the tour. He said its brand new and if your cruise line has it on their itinerary you must book thru them. We will be on Princess who does not offer right now so hopefully we can book directly. The only thing is you said to just show up. I know most of zip lines anywhere else theres a long wait.

Thanks again. We are so excited about this.

Hi

When I spoke to the woman on thephone she didn't say I had to go through the cruise line (didn't mention I'd be on one), she told me the price was $33pp, as opposed to RCClis about 60+ (can't remember) I am sure that includes transportation etc. I plan on doing it by myself, don't like the large ship groups, I don't know how they would know I was from a ship. What do you think?

Hi Zipmom - Will be anxious to hear how your adventure goes, we sail in July and would love to dothis, but I also don't like the large cruise groups and would rather go and leave when we are ready.

Please post when you return.

Michele

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back and we did the tree top adventure course at Loterie Farm based on reading this thread before we left. It was a blast. We were on Princess and took a cab from the ship ($9 per person one way). We left early and were there before the organized RCCL tour. The people at Loterie Farm were surprised that we were there. I would try to let them know that you are planning on coming before you go as they may have too many going on the organized excursion to let you do the course if you just show up.

There is a height requirement for safety reasons and our 10yo was just tall enough to do it. We got all of our equipement on and there is a detailed safety instruction before being allowed out on the course. You actually do it by yourself and there isn't a leader or guide doing the course with you. The course took about 1.5 hours for the 3 of us to complete. There are zip lines, tight rope type wires to walk across, suspended rope bridges, hanging swings and other suspended traverses between the trees.

We had a terrific time and I would highly recommend this activity. It was certainly a highlight of our trip! Just make sure that you are physically fit as some parts of the course are challenging and you wear running shoes as they will not let you do the course without them.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to help out!

Thanks so much for your post -Was this a listed excursion thru Princess? as someone previously posted they will not let you go if the ship has this as an excursion.We will be on a RCCL but would rather not wiat for the large group. What was the cost at the farm?

Were you able to get Pictures thru out

Thanks

Michele

If the admission is $33 per person and the cab ride $18 round trip per person as stated above, that makes it $51 per person to do on your own as opposed to the $82 per person being charged by Royal Caribbean. For a savings of $31 per person, it would definitely be worth it for my family of three to do it on our own when we're there in July. I would hate to get out there and then find out they wouldn't allow us in, though! It seems odd that they restrict admittance when cruise ships are in port, doesn't it?

We did this on our own as it isn't an excursion offered by Princess. Apparently they are trying to get Princess to offer it as an excursion but not available yet that way through Princess. I'm not saying that you shouldn't do it on your own but just make sure that they will let you do it when you get there. It seemed like they would give priority to the cruise line sponsored excursions before individuals. They were initially hesitant about us doing the course as the RCCL excursion group was coming soon.

oops - I wasn't finished yet.........there are only so many people that they can instruct on how to go through the course. They ensure that you are properly trained before allowing you out on the course. I am sure that there is a limit on the number of people that they could allow on the course each day because of this. Everyone must go through the training and then through a small course where they watch to ensure that you know what you are doing. It really isn't anything to fool around with as you really are up high in the trees and move very quickly on the zip lines. Safety really can't be stress enough. Then everyone starts out at the same place and does the course. IF there is a slow person on the course everyone would be slowed down as each stage must be done in succession and only one person is allowed to be on each "traverse" at a time.

We didn't have a camera with us but if I remember correctly, they don't allow you to take a camera with you on the course but I'm not sure of that. They do have some there that takes your picture on one of the zip lines and those pictures are available for purchase. We bought them as proof that we actually did it.

We would do it again and do it on our own rather than a ship offered excursion but would make sure to contact them first to ensure that they knew we would be there. It really was a great day and a good alternative to the typical beach day. It felt like we were on Fear Factor the family edition but we didn't have to eat anything gross!

Thanks for the review of this excursion. We have been waiting to hear from someone with experience. Please describe the safety features used on the course. I was surprised that you move through the course by yourself. How do they insure everyone is safe?

Thanks!

Safety features - there is a harness that you step into and it goes around your thighs and your behind - from this there are 2 safety lines with clamps that you must always have atleast one attached to the lines on the course. This harness is tightened around you during the training and they ensure that it fits properly. This harness also has the pulley for the zip line attached to it. They also provide a glove for one hand that is used as a "brake" while going down the zip lines. The course is all marked where the safety lines need to be attached and where the zip line is to be used. You really need to pay attention to the training and what you are doing on the course to ensure you are doing everything properly. They give you instructions during the training on how to properly attach your self to the various lines and how to hold on. If you are doing it with kids, they need to be a certain height or they will not be allowed on the course. I am 5'1" and there were a couple times I wished I was a bit taller.....who am I kidding I always wish I was taller but especially on that day. Both my husband and I did the course with our son. My husband went first, then our son and then me. This allowed us to have one of us on both sides of a crossing to make sure our son was okay. I would highly recommend this type of arrangement for families as we could always ensure that all the clamps were properly clipped and the equipment was being used properly.

most importantly they don't ensure that you are safe - they show you how you ensure that you are safe - they have done everything they can to make the course safe but ultimately your safety is up to you and no one else

pictures were $15 each and approximately 8"X11" but your actual picture is more like 5"X8" with a picture matting background - actually like the one above in this thread that says "fly zone" except it is our pictures and the pictures are closer up

Archived