Freestyle Coke Machines

It is a new type of machine that uses a nw type of concentrate that allows over 100 types of soda to be stored (mostly your basics in multiple fruit flavors). It allows me to get my Cherry Coke Zero or Cherry Sprite Zero, flavors that you can normally only get in a can.

According to RCI the Allure of the Seas gets them installed in November...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2012/07/20/rainbow-coke-freestyle-machine-gives-royal-caribbean-cruisers-125-soda-options/

Here's a Wikipedia article that covers the machine, products, and flavors, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola_Freestyle

MY DH saw them on the Oasis I know where they put a couple of the machines in the arcade and windjammer. Not sure where they put the rest of them. He asked and they were supposed to be "launched" starting 9/29 sailing. I don't drink soda, but the idea of variety is great idea. I hope it was free and not extra

I hope so. I will be getting a soda pass if there are Freestyle machines

Not to be Danny Downer (Debbie's brother) I hope they don't create long lines. At our local movie theater on busy nights the lines can be horrendous between technically challenged people trying to figure out how to use them or people perfecting their recipe while ten people wait behind them. I create some issues myself because I'll run the line for 5 or 6 seconds after the person before me to clear it. At a recent movie I sat down, the movie started and I took a sip of a nasty coke zero with a significant amount of Orange in it. It was nasty. $5.75 is too much to waste.

Edited by BillOh
typo

I assume that you need to have purchased the soda package for these, or it has some type of credit card style swipe mechanism for your sea pass card. Does anyone know that actual logistics of it? Cost? ( I can not imagine that it's free - Freestyle, yes - Free cost , I doubt it). It would make sense that those who purchased a soda package have it coded in their sea pass card and those who don't would be charged (just a guess). So, how much would a soda cost and how would they prevent people from using others' seapass cards (because you know there are people who would do this). Has anyone had any personal experience with it?

I assume that you need to have purchased the soda package for these, or it has some type of credit card style swipe mechanism for your sea pass card. Does anyone know that actual logistics of it? Cost? ( I can not imagine that it's free - Freestyle, yes - Free cost , I doubt it). It would make sense that those who purchased a soda package have it coded in their sea pass card and those who don't would be charged (just a guess). So, how much would a soda cost and how would they prevent people from using others' seapass cards (because you know there are people who would do this). Has anyone had any personal experience with it?

The machines work from a chip inside the cup you get when you purchase the soda package. No card swiping.

The cost is the same as buying the soda package. I've only read that the cups you get with the soda package contain an RFID chip that only enables the dispenser when a suitable cup is present. Seems like a good use of the technology. I've heard rumors, at it seems likely that it limits the amount of refills. (not with the intention of turning unlimited into limited, but to prevent someone from filling up everyone else's drinks) I don't know that for sure, just heard it.

You can only use the Freestyle soda machines if you have purchased a Soda Pass, and use the special thermal mug they give you since it has a 'chip' inside that the soda machine reads. The cost is about $6 per day for adults, and you have to purchase for the entire cruise.

The cost is the same as buying the soda package. I've only read that the cups you get with the soda package contain an RFID chip that only enables the dispenser when a suitable cup is present. Seems like a good use of the technology. I've heard rumors, at it seems likely that it limits the amount of refills. (not with the intention of turning unlimited into limited, but to prevent someone from filling up everyone else's drinks) I don't know that for sure, just heard it.

The built in technology allows someone to refill quite often during the day, not one after another, ie 20 refills in less than a couple of minutes. This would solve the issue of someone filling a jug or perhaps multiple cups in a very short period. From what I've heard they are working great, now we'll all have to safe guard the soda mugs. :)

There is a time out function on the machine...it's about 10-15 minutes between refills...so as to prevent exactly what was mentioned....filling up someone else's cup who did not get the package...

you can get as many sodas as you want, as long as you wait the amount of time....