Best Entertainer

Wildcatter

I still remember ABBACADABRA from a few years back. I think that same cruise had a guy who sang for Foreigner for a while. In fact all of the entertainment on that Legend of the Seas cruise, out of Tampa, three years ago, was fantastic.

I wish I could remember the comedian on the Majesty in Feb. His adult show was HYSTERICAL.

Kory Simon is currently seen nightly in the Schooner bar on the Liberty. He's a wonderful pianist and singer and ridiculously funny and really gets the crowd involved. He's done with the Liberty in Jan and may move onto a European itinerary, and is hoping to be on the Oasis next summer. So he pretty much stays with RCCL and does multi-monthlong contracts.

I wish I knew his name, but there was a black impressionist that played Sammy Davis, Jr. in Las Vegas and I've seen him perform on a couple of cruises. His signature final number was Mr. Bojangles, at the conclusion of which he tipped his hat down over his forehead. He was amazing.

There have been many, though, that I thought were quite good. We saw "Rain", the Beatles tribute band back in the early 90s on either Monarch or Majesty. They now draw huge crowds at their road show.

Who is the best entertainer you've seen on a Royal Caribbean ship?

Peter Noone, who was the lead singer with Herman's Hermits back in the 60's. He gave an excellent show on the Rhapsody of the Seas. Very entertaining, high energy show. He was also very nice off stage, around the ship. Very easy to get autographs and pictures taken.

I will have to agree with one of the earlier post and say Santino & Blackjax. We saw them on Radiance and than on the Caribbean Princess and they put on an excellent show.

We just got off the Liberty last week and would have to say that the entertainment, both production shows and headline entertainers was definately lackluster. Over the past years entertainment has gradually been going downhill on RCL.

Domenick Allen ,he played with the rock group Foreigner, saw him on the Radiance of the Seas last week , he puts on a very good show.

Almost didn't go to his show but was glad I did. Well worth seeing. A LOT of enegry.

Shane Tapper, in the Pub on Navigator, Adventure, Freedom, Liberty and Independence and the Schooner bar on Majesty.

One of the best one on one singers/show people we encountered (had him on Adventure in 2007) The guy they had in Sept 2008 SUCKED!

I'd also add that the Osmonds put on a very good show too (not a fan of the Osmonds but enjoyed their show).

I wish I knew his name, but there was a black impressionist that played Sammy Davis, Jr. in Las Vegas and I've seen him perform on a couple of cruises. His signature final number was Mr. Bojangles, at the conclusion of which he tipped his hat down over his forehead. He was amazing.

That was Tony Tillman and he was just on the Jewel of the Seas repositioning cruise from Boston to Miami. We have seen a number of great entertainers including Robert Klein, Marty Allen and Frankie Avalon. Some of the best, however, have been entertainers whose names were unfamiliar but who put on terrific shows.:)

AMAZING!!!.....It's the only show we've seen at sea that received a spontaneous standing ovation ( without the urging of the CD).....I check their website every week hoping they'll be playing in my area...No luck so far.

Another "don't miss it" performer is Joel Mason who does an Elton John tribute ( seems he's on HAL frequently) His tribute show was rated #1 by the Elton John fan club.

Ok....1 more....There's a group that does an outstanding tribute to the Temptations.....In fact, I believe the group is called "Tribute"....excellent!

Shane Tapper, in the Pub on Navigator, Adventure, Freedom, Liberty and Independence and the Schooner bar on Majesty.

Shane Tapper is poor with a capital P O O R! While he may well be a decent singer he has the personality of a dead fish.

He managed to single handedly clear out the pub on Indy due to his, oooh my voice is going, oooh I'm so tired. Really brought the feelgood factor to the party...NOT!

I wish I could remember the comedian on the Majesty in Feb. His adult show was HYSTERICAL.

Kory Simon is currently seen nightly in the Schooner bar on the Liberty. He's a wonderful pianist and singer and ridiculously funny and really gets the crowd involved. He's done with the Liberty in Jan and may move onto a European itinerary, and is hoping to be on the Oasis next summer. So he pretty much stays with RCCL and does multi-monthlong contracts.

I agree with you for Kory, a true entertainer...saw him last June on Navigator of the Seas.

If he can't do a request, he learns it and does it the next night...

Archived